ADVERTISEMENT

On Valentine's Day eve: John Denver/Placido Domingo in studio in 1981 recording"Perhaps Love".

"If I should live forever, and all my dreams come true, my memories of love will be of you."

Beautiful song for sure, but my favorite JD lyric for Valentine’s Day is from Annie’s Song...

You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again

Come let me love you
Let me give my life to you
Let me drown in your laughter
Let me die in your arms
Let me lay down beside you
Let me always be with you
Come let me love you
Come love me again

Reactions: fairgambit
If you are blessed to be with the love of your life tomorrow......take the time to reflect how it all started for you. Before life got in the way. I don't have that privilege anymore, and sadly I wasted so many opportunities to make my wife feel "special." Every time we hit a bump in the road, I tried to forge ahead and promised myself it would be better "tomorrow." Kids, career, money, college, so many things took priority. Regrets are formidable and after loss permanent.

If you are blessed to be with the love of your life tomorrow......take the time to reflect how it all started for you. Before life got in the way. I don't have that privilege anymore, and sadly I wasted so many opportunities to make my wife feel "special." Every time we hit a bump in the road, I tried to forge ahead and promised myself it would be better "tomorrow." Kids, career, money, college, so many things took priority. Regrets are formidable and after loss permanent.
Words of wisdom, elequently stated. We should all take them to heart.

Reactions: john4psu
...my bride and I always return to Penn State - where we met - to celebrate our anniversary on the weekend nearest our wedding date ... January 30, 1954...
...two weekends ago we celebrated our 64th anniversary and were able to also enjoy the wrestling team's victory over Ohio State ... last weekend we returned to see many friends from past years at the wrestling team alumni reunion on Friday night and the victory over Iowa on Saturday...
... it doesn't get much better than that... :)
...we are truly blessed...

Last edited:
...my bride and I always return to Penn State - where we met - to celebrate our anniversary on the weekend nearest our wedding date ... January 30, 1954...
...two weekends ago we celebrated our 64th anniversary and were able to also enjoy the wrestling team's victory over Ohio State ... last weekend we returned to see many friends from past years at the wrestling team reunion on Friday night and the victory over Iowa on Saturday...
That is remarkable. God bless you and your wife.

...two weekends ago we celebrated our 64th anniversary and were able to also enjoy the wrestling team's victory over Ohio State ... last weekend we returned to see many friends from past years at the wrestling team reunion on Friday night and the victory over Iowa on Saturday...

Bless you both. I'm @ 45 years with the same woman. Like you I'm incredibly lucky. That said, I think Dewey Cox - "Beautiful Ride" is appropriate.

Reactions: fairgambit
"As I stand on the precipice of death

My perspective is enormous"

- Dewey Cox

One hilarious movie :)

ADVERTISEMENT