ADVERTISEMENT

On to Bigs and beyond

You mean the PA wrestlers that not many here wanted anyway besides Spencer? And many were just fine not having him because you had Jerseyshore Nick. I remember, not that it's a big deal now.
DeSanto or RBY
Murin or Nick Lee
Young when Nolf was there. If we were going to recruit a PA kid and ask him to wait his turn it would have been Hedley.
Kem or Nolf or Hall

Given a do over, the response would be as it was previously.
A pointless point - well done. Standards are standards.

Reactions: danoftw
DeSanto or RBY
Murin or Nick Lee
Young when Nolf was there. If we were going to recruit a PA kid and ask him to wait his turn it would have been Hedley.
Kem or Nolf or Hall

Given a do over, the response would be as it was previously.
A pointless point - well done. Standards are standards.
That's a real knee-slapper.

p8KO3y.gif

I was doing a little math because I'm currently bored at work. For the Big Ten championships if this scenario played out it would be a tight race for the title. Obviously this is pretty close to your guys' ceiling with a few matches going your way against Iowa. I think both titles will be closer than a majority of Iowa posters. I'm just looking forward to B1Gs and NCAAs after last year.
IOWA-
125-1st
133-2nd (No Micic)
141-3rd
149-3rd
157-3rd
165-1st
174-3rd (Starocci win in the semi's)
184-6th
197-2nd
285-4th
Total- 138.5 before bonus

PSU-
125-5th
133-1st
141-1st
149-5th
157-4th
165-3rd
174-1st
184-1st
197-4th
285-2nd
Total- 144.5 before bonus

Reactions: CreggSchinkle
I was doing a little math because I'm currently bored at work. For the Big Ten championships if this scenario played out it would be a tight race for the title. Obviously this is pretty close to your guys' ceiling with a few matches going your way against Iowa. I think both titles will be closer than a majority of Iowa posters. I'm just looking forward to B1Gs and NCAAs after last year.
IOWA-
125-1st
133-2nd (No Micic)
141-3rd
149-3rd
157-3rd
165-1st
184-6th
197-2nd
285-4th

PSU-
125-5th
133-1st
141-1st
149-5th
157-4th
165-3rd
174-1st
184-1st
197-4th
285-2nd
It wont go down like this, but holy heartburn, excitement, extra bottle of captain this race would make.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
IOWA-
125-1st
133-2nd (No Micic)
141-3rd
149-3rd
157-3rd
165-1st
184-6th
197-2nd
285-4th

PSU-
125-5th
133-1st
141-1st
149-5th
157-4th
165-3rd
174-1st
184-1st
197-4th
285-2nd
Lee and Eiermann share the same side of the bracket?

Reactions: ClarencButthorn
IOWA-
125-1st
133-2nd (No Micic)
141-3rd
149-3rd
157-3rd
165-1st
184-6th
197-2nd
285-4th

PSU-
125-5th
133-1st
141-1st
149-5th
157-4th
165-3rd
174-1st
184-1st
197-4th
285-2nd
giphy.gif

That’s what I was thinking. Unless he thinks somehow Lee gets the 1 and Eirman the 2 and Rivera the 3. Then Eirman loses to Rivera in the semis and Lee beats Rivera in the final.
I guess that could happen. Seeding has so little to work with. I was thinking he put Rivera in the top spot. Idk. They have to look backwards into past years for help on the seeding. And that’s largely no help either.

Reactions: jmadden1998
Yeah there are a few weights where no one has any clue what they are going to do. Top 3 at 141 is one of those. Personally I would put Eierman 1 but that might be some Iowa bias. Everybody behind Brooks at 184 is another. Also where ever the hell they decide to put Kerkvliet in seeding.

Reactions: Cowbell Man
I guess that could happen. Seeding has so little to work with. I was thinking he put Rivera in the top spot. Idk. They have to look backwards into past years for help on the seeding. And that’s largely no help either.
Agreed. I'd be surprised if we didn't see some bizarre decisions by the committee, even though I've always thought they do a decent job. Better would be to show a little transparency and explain the seeds.

I figured Seabass would get the #1 since he was a returning 2 time BIG champ. I know that isn't the criteria, but criteria isn't used so coaches could use that logic. PSU would be best served with a semi final meeting if they hope to keep it close (assuming Lee wins) of course.

You mean the PA wrestlers that not many here wanted anyway besides Spencer? And many were just fine not having him because you had Jerseyshore Nick. I remember, not that it's a big deal now.
And I still dont see anyone really wishing we had them over the guys we got and the championships they brought us. And to be honest, I think if somehow PSU could knock off Iowa at this years NCAA tourney, those PA wrestlers you think we wish we had will end up failing to bring you Iowa fans a team title. Cuz in my opinion....next year will be a different story even though they both could have essentially the same lineups...

I figured Seabass would get the #1 since he was a returning 2 time BIG champ. I know that isn't the criteria, but criteria isn't used so coaches could use that logic. PSU would be best served with a semi final meeting if they hope to keep it close (assuming Lee wins) of course.
Frankly, this year they will have to look at the past. Lots of head scratching to figure it out. A claim to the 1 can be made by everyone at 141

Personally, I hope Nick gets the #3 seed. That would mean 2 extra team points for PSU.
Good call. For those that are interested and don't know the history...
...the Big Ten seeded all weight classes all the way to 14 for the first time in 2020. Prior, only those weight classes with 8 or more auto-qualifiers were seeded to 14, which was about half the weight classes (without looking it up). In the rest of the brackets, the top-8 were entered into the brackets, and the rest were randomly placed. The top-2 seeds had a 75% chance at having a first round bout, and a chance at a bonus-point win.

Now the 1st or 2nd seeds get byes. They get the advancement pt if they win their next bout, but no chance for bonus. This year, it appears 7 Hawkeyes will be getting a top-2 seed, while PSU will get 3.

Reactions: Maddog
Sorry if discussed elsewhere. Have tv times, etc. been set yet for B1G championship? I know Sparks was beside himself announcing coverage but I don’t see anything posted yet on my channel guide.

Sorry if discussed elsewhere. Have tv times, etc. been set yet for B1G championship? I know Sparks was beside himself announcing coverage but I don’t see anything posted yet on my channel guide.
10:00am ET - Saturday, March 5 - Session I
7:30pm ET - Saturday, March 5 - Session II
4:00pm ET - Sunday, March 6 - Finals

Piggy backing on this, is it confirmed that BTN+ will be covering each mat?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT