ADVERTISEMENT

On the Verge at 49/57

As Cael mentioned in his presser this morning, there's in shape and then there's conditioning.

Brady had a knee injury that he couldn't even walk on last March. He's been coaching until January. It's going to take time for him to get in WRESTLING shape, whether he stays 165 or goes 157. It's impossible to do it in 3 months IMO but it can certainly improve.

And at carver? Nah bull was mauling anyone we ran out there at that weight.

903ebdf4-0f3c-4a75-a3d9-cb488812a7a4.07664899949d3bf6dc80a9f427bbcec7.jpeg

Have you guys seen an angry Bull? Cenzo at his peak lost 9-3 to that Bull. There was a 2+4 obviously (so it wasn't a takedown drill) but Bull should have earned a stall point by the 1st period with how aggressive he was against Cenzo. Brady (less than a month back) got that same guy with some Carver stall rules.

Sounds like he is making sh!t up.

There was too much smoke not to have some fire under it.
Tea leaves! The next question - Is there any significance to Negron wrestling 165 last weekend?

Seems like PSU coaches “designated” Edsel in the coaches ranking. I like his grit and ability to win a couple of matches at Big10.

If Berge is 157, interesting question is where is he seeded at Big 10s. Seems to fit 10-11 since Roberts and Cordio have losing records and Gilcher's only win is Negron. Not sure who OSU will send -- Hubbard/Wilcox. Ten seed could be optimal -- winner of 7/10 might get Brayton Lee (possible 2 seed since he beat Lewan, Coleman, Young and Robb) and question as to Lee's health.

Someone is playing games with you guys. Berge will not be at 157. The weight comment was about 165. I don't go off hearsay I like facts and the fact is Berge will not be 157 and was never cutting down to 157

They just want it to happen so they make themselves believe it. I know fan is short for fanatic but I never understood just making things up and running with them.
Where are we keeping "post of the year" candidates?

Have you guys seen an angry Bull? Cenzo at his peak lost 9-3 to that Bull. There was a 2+4 obviously (so it wasn't a takedown drill) but Bull should have earned a stall point by the 1st period with how aggressive he was against Cenzo. Brady (less than a month back) got that same guy with some Carver stall rules.
Styles make fights. Cenzo is a low center of gravity, granite hipped guy. Bull got lower and has granite hips as well. Great wins from a very, very good wrestler. But his NCAA track record is what it is for a reason. He's an extremely tough out at Carver given his style and 15,000 people screaming stalling 5 seconds into the match. Neutral site, 3 day tournament. Not so much.

If Berge is 157, interesting question is where is he seeded at Big 10s. Seems to fit 10-11 since Roberts and Cordio have losing records and Gilcher's only win is Negron. Not sure who OSU will send -- Hubbard/Wilcox. Ten seed could be optimal -- winner of 7/10 might get Brayton Lee (possible 2 seed since he beat Lewan, Coleman, Young and Robb) and question as to Lee's health.
This is going to be fascinating. The seeds look like Deakin then everyone else, so the key is getting on the bottom half. The guys probably in consideration for the seeds after Deakin are (not in any order) Young, Lewan, Coleman, Saldate, & Robb. Quality wrestlers, but all guys Berge has a chance against. Who is after that? Model? That's pretty underwhelming.

Right now, Big 10 looks like it has 6 allocations at 157 locked-in if B.Lee weighs in (5 without). This does not include either K.Young or Robb -- both have top 25 ranks but less than 700 winning percentage and only 14 matches. They are slated to wrestle each other Sunday. If they do, each will earn an allocation. If not, Big 10 could be as few as 5 spots.

Since he wouldn’t have any matches at 157 wouldn’t he be seeded 14th?

Not necessarily. B10 always has a couple guys who are something like 2-7 or 1-9. A 0-0 guy could be seeded above 14.

But it'll be a low seed. He's not getting the 6.

The next question is which is beneficial to him. While the 14 makes him open with the 3, the 3 probably is beatable. A win there likely gets him into the semis, and away from Deakin.

Reactions: jmadden1998

He could be 1-0 if he makes weight for rider, although not a big10 dual

Not necessarily. B10 always has a couple guys who are something like 2-7 or 1-9. A 0-0 guy could be seeded above 14.

But it'll be a low seed. He's not getting the 6.

The next question is which is beneficial to him. While the 14 makes him open with the 3, the 3 probably is beatable. A win there likely gets him into the semis, and away from Deakin.
I would love to see #14 Berge beat #3 Young in the first bout of the draw. LOL. With the disclaimer that I don't have any idea how the seedings actually will go, just that Young is potentially a 3 seed along with the other guys I listed above.

I would love to see #14 Berge beat #3 Young in the first bout of the draw. LOL. With the disclaimer that I don't have any idea how the seedings actually will go, just that Young is potentially a 3 seed along with the other guys I listed above.
Xmas is over for this year but we can hope

This is going to be fascinating. The seeds look like Deakin then everyone else, so the key is getting on the bottom half. The guys probably in consideration for the seeds after Deakin are (not in any order) Young, Lewan, Coleman, Saldate, & Robb. Quality wrestlers, but all guys Berge has a chance against. Who is after that? Model? That's pretty underwhelming.
Deakin is easy to beat …

By certified, what does that mean? I'm actually a novice on those rules.
Meaning what the math said was his minimum weight (weight at 5% bodyfat) at his certification weigh-in.

If the math said his min weight is 149.1 to 157.0, hen he's certified at 157. If his min is 157.1, then his cert = 165.

By certified, what does that mean? I'm actually a novice on those rules.

Believe it means the initial weight he he certifies at via weigh in. He is allowed to move up or down. Limited to a one weight-class drop and must follow descent rules.

ADVERTISEMENT