ADVERTISEMENT

On the game winning touchdown...

drunkatmydesk

Oct 10, 2005
I thought the throw was intended for Hamilton not Johnson...

Johnson made a nice catch, but it sure looked to me that Hamilton was in a better postion to receive the ball.

Johnson made a nice catch, but it sure looked to me that Hamilton was in a better postion to receive the ball.
The play is designed for either receiver to get it, but Johnson is the primary target as he is the taller receiver and in the front of the crossing route.

edit: after reading the above post, this wasn't actually a planned crossing route. It was an alternate route Johnson, himself, came up with. But nevertheless, Johnson was the intended target

Last edited:
JJ had been asking to switch corner route to post as safeties he saw were cheating toward sidelines all night. So they called it on the last play you see how he fakes a cut outside to the corner and breaks it back inside to the post. Gesicki was the 2nd option jump ball if JJ was covered.

Reactions: NedFromYork
There certainly was a lot of traffic in the middle of the end zone. Hamilton must've know he was there or else he probably would've gone for the ball.

JJ had been asking to switch corner route to post as safeties he saw were cheating toward sidelines all night. So they called it on the last play you see how he fakes a cut outside to the corner and breaks it back inside to the post. Gesicki was the 2nd option jump ball if JJ was covered.

I thought trace had johnson earlier in the first void in the defense. I thought he may have made it a little more difficult waiting until the second void. I assume he was afraid to throw it too early in case johnson actually caught it before crossing the goal line.

Reactions: bwifan

It's tough to have nightmares about game winning catches... but I think it's going to happen here for me!

LdN

I thought trace had johnson earlier in the first void in the defense. I thought he may have made it a little more difficult waiting until the second void. I assume he was afraid to throw it too early in case johnson actually caught it before crossing the goal line.

I posted a link down below where they interview JJ about the play and how he had been telling the coaches it was open all ni

JJ had been calling for this all night and they drew it up in the last timeout. Great breakdown and interview here

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Arti...Tape-Juwan-Johnsons-game-winning-TD-107889284

ADVERTISEMENT