ADVERTISEMENT

On road at PSU - not a top 5 hardest game for Tigers, according to Auburn Wire

SLion

May 29, 2001
Hard to argue with Alabama, LSU, Georgia games. TA&M? OK but they were overrated last year, with FL win looking great early. Gators collapsed at end and were mediocre. Ole miss is tougher than at PSU..cmon...

Reactions: SR108
Hard to argue with Alabama, LSU, Georgia games. TA&M? OK but they were overrated last year, with FL win looking great early. Gators collapsed at end and were mediocre. Ole miss is tougher than at PSU..cmon...

Seems like many people forget this isn’t LSU with Joe Burrow anymore. They were 9-4 the year before Burrow and 5-5 the year after....they’re not the unbeatable team people think they are.

That’s actually good news. Imagine the feeling when we beat the crap out of them !

Florida lost a QB and 3 receivers to the NFL. All I can say is if we are their 6th toughest game they are in for a
5-6 win season.

Saw something on twitter where PFF ranks the Auburn RB as the best returning RB in CFB and their two CBs as the best returning tandem. FYI.

Alabama and Georgia are the only two Auburn opponents that I would concede look to be tougher than the Lions. Regardless, let the Tigers think that PSU will be far less competitive than their SEC brethren. The resulting PSU victory will be all the more satisfying.

And BTW, Ol' Miss more competitive than PSU?! My Cal Golden Bears just beat Ol' Miss two straight seasons in a home and home series. Let THAT one sink in.

Its May. Lot yet to happen before the start of the season. Injuries, improvement of players, etc. What coach really knows with 100% certainty what he has in a team in May?

This is why we need 110,00 in whiteout conditions. Auburn players would go back and say wow, psu is no joke!!

1 home game a year. It tends to be Ohio State or Michigan usually. It will be interesting to see if they choose Auburn instead of Michigan this year.
They should have it with auburn. They have had it with Alabama and notre Dame and Illinois I believe. A lot of people from the south will be watching. Let’s see if psu takes advantage of. This marketing and recruiting opportunity!!! Franklin should be in their ear!!!!

Reactions: Shadow99 and psu00
How many whiteouts do yall do each season?
As noted, one per year. It's a much better visual for a night game so a lot may depend on the kickoff time. The only other interconference game that day which may generate as much interest is Nebraska @ Oklahoma if only because of their history. Alabama @ Florida could very well be at night too. Arizona State @ BYU would be nice to see but it's hard to predict what time slot the western games will be put into. So their aren't many games of interest that weekend which may be pushed to prime time, IMHO. My prediction is Auburn @ PSU will be a primetime white out. It'll be nice to wear a white tee shirt instead of a white jacket.

Reactions: Shadow99
Hope they're expecting at least 6 losses. Gonna suck for them when they get spanked in State College if they're not.

No interest whatsoever in what misinformed reporter thinks. Just play the game.

How many whiteouts do yall do each season?
One "All" stadium whiteout, but the student section does one for most if not all games. We also do a stripe out(alternate blue and white by vertical sections) occasionally.

From an outsider's view, they saw PSU go 4-5 last year. No surprise the game isn't seen as a top game on the schedule
And they don’t expect the stadium to be full. Pretty easy to see why they don’t think much of the trip compared to other games.

Auburn is somewhere between PSU's 3rd and 6th hardest game.

They pretty consistently underperform based on their talent almost every year.

We will see, but I think PSU wins by at least two scores.

That’s actually good news. Imagine the feeling when we beat the crap out of them !
Well, they said the same about the Gophers in the Outback bowl 2019, 2020. We know how that turned out. I know it's a new coach at Auburn, but I think PSU will win that game convincingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: whart
We hear this every time we play an SEC team. We always hear that it will just be a scrimmage for them because the SEC is so hard. In truth, we don't really play them that often and the results have been mixed. The bowl loss to Kentucky felt like PSU didn't want to be there, and the PSU team that lost to Georgia in 2015 just wasn't very good. There haven't been any other games against SEC teams in recent years. I guess our last win vs. the SEC was LSU in 2009. but there have not been many games

Yeah, I don't know any Auburn fans saying that this will be a guaranteed win this fall. We've lost to Northwestern, Minnesota and Wisconsin in the last ten years. We're not overlooking a PSU team in Happy Valley.

Seems like many people forget this isn’t LSU with Joe Burrow anymore. They were 9-4 the year before Burrow and 5-5 the year after....they’re not the unbeatable team people think they are.
Same might be said for Penn State not being the 11-2 team they were before the 4-5 record of last season.

Same might be said for Penn State not being the 11-2 team they were before the 4-5 record of last season.
But we weren’t 11-2 just one year because of one QB. We won over 40 games in four years and went 11-2 after Barkley and McSorley left. LSU’s big season was a blip on the radar due to Burrow.

But we weren’t 11-2 just one year because of one QB. We won over 40 games in four years and went 11-2 after Barkley and McSorley left. LSU’s big season was a blip on the radar due to Burrow.
Blip? 2 national champ these past twenty years and we call that a blip.

Blip? 2 national champ these past twenty years and we call that a blip.
Two in 20 years is not Bama-esque. It’s not like they’re a top 10 team every year like so many try to make them out to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT