ADVERTISEMENT

On BTN now, WLAX, PSU @ MD

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
PSU is very good this season. MD is crazy good, with only 1 OT loss on the year.

It's early in the game, but UMD got the 1st goal, and then won the ensuing draw.

I know at least 1 of the refs (perhaps more -- I've only seen a close-up on 1), and she's excellent, so the officiating should be good.

PSU is coming off a loss this past weekend against NW.

And while I was keying this in, UMD got another goal, so they are up 2-0.

PSU is very good this season. MD is crazy good, with only 1 OT lose on the year.

It's early in the game, but UMD got the 1st goal, and then won the ensuing draw.

I know at least 1 of the refs (perhaps more -- I've only seen a close-up on 1), and she's excellent, so the officiating should be good.

PSU is coming off a lost this past weekend against NW.

And while I was keying this in, UMD got another goal, so they are up 2-0.

“1 OT lose”.....”a lost this past weekend” ???

Have you begun your weekend tailgating 24+ hours early??? :rolleyes:

“1 OT lose”.....”a lost this past weekend” ???

Have you begun your weekend tailgating 24+ hours early??? :rolleyes:

lol, sometimes when watching TV and keying in posts, I get a tad sloppy. ;)

So far, a typical PSU - MD game. For whatever reason, PSU has such trouble with their offense against MD. By comparison, MD always has such nice offensive sets against PSU, and both of their goals so far came from girls that were wide open.

So far, PSU has outshot MD, 4-2, but the game score is 2-1, MD.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Just flipped it on and heard announcers talking about this being a rivalry. Then they tossed out the fact PSU has one win in last 30 meetings going back to 1992. Is this the Rutgers’ definition of rivalry?

Reactions: BlueBand
Just flipped it on and heard announcers talking about this being a rivalry. Then they tossed out the fact PSU has one win in last 30 meetings going back to 1992. Is this the Rutgers’ definition of rivalry?

I hear you, but consider the context. These 2 teams have been rivals since before WLAX was added to the NCAA. And while PSU hasn't defeated MD since ?? (I think it's 2008), many of the recent games have been 1-goal victories, and at least 1 (possible more) was an OT victory by MD.

MD in WLAX is the equivalent of 'Bama in football. In recent years, UNC and Syracuse have been MD's biggest challengers in terms of the national championship. PSU is among a group of 4 or 5 schools that are in the upper echelon of college WLAX, but are a level below the aforementioned 3 WLAX teams.

Update on the game, it's 4-3, MD.

I hear you, but consider the context. These 2 teams have been rivals since before WLAX was added to the NCAA. And while PSU hasn't defeated MD since ?? (I think it's 2008), many of the recent games have been 1-goal victories, and at least 1 (possible more) was an OT victory by MD.

MD in WLAX is the equivalent of 'Bame in football. In recent years, UNC and Syracuse have been MD's biggest challengers in terms of the national championship. PSU is among a group of 4 or 5 schools that are in the upper echelon of college WLAX, but are a level below the aforementioned 3 WLAX teams.

Update on the game, it's 4-3, MD.

“’Bame” ???

Ok, this is too easy.....back to the BTN!

What happened Katie Schluderberg? Is she hurt? She has been playing low attack.

I'm not sure. I checked the box scores of recent games, and the last time I saw her mentioned for scoring or assisting was against Hopkins, on March 22. My review was really quick, while watching tonight's match, so I may have missed her.

Well, a 5-3 halftime lead for MD is now a 10-4 lead with 10:40 left.

PSU is not winning many draws, and making too many turnovers.

I should just switch to the Sixers. :(

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
and just like that, PSU puts together a nice sequence. It's now 11-8, MD, with 5:16 left. PSU may have dug too deep of a hole, though a few more draw controls and goals would go a long way toward getting them back in the match.

and it's a 13-8 final, with PSU on the short end of the stick.

PSU takes on #1 ranked Stony Brook on Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT