ADVERTISEMENT

On a boring conference call - 70's music trivia

psuro

Aug 24, 2001
The corner table at the Skellar
I am sure most of you will search online for the answers....but try first anyway. Not the name of the song, (unless asked) but just need answers to the questions. Should be pretty easy for many of us.

1. As the second largest city in America passed away, what was determined to be the occupation of the narrator's father?

2. Asian martial arts were compared to this weather phenomenon.

3. What was put in the coconut?

4. What was as easy as 123?

5. When a man comes home after being away for a while, he finds out his wife cheated on him with his friend Andy and another man, Seth. Who killed Andy and the cheating woman?

6. This song was written as a response to a school shooting in San Diego. What was the name of the song?

7. This funk band reportedly got their name from a series of bus routes in their hometown.

8. According to this classic song, what was wrong with the macaroni, the peas and the chicken? What made the diner feel better after this?

9. Where did Billy Joe McAllister meet his demise?

10. This drummer passed out in the Cow Palace in 1973 after taking what combination of drugs and alcohol?

I am sure most of you will search online for the answers....but try first anyway. Not the name of the song, (unless asked) but just need answers to the questions. Should be pretty easy for many of us.

1. As the second largest city in America passed away, what was determined to be the occupation of the narrator's father?

2. Asian martial arts were compared to this weather phenomeno Lightning

3. What was put in the coconut? Lime

5. When a man comes home after being away for a while, he finds out his wife cheated on him with his friend Andy and another man, Seth. Who killed Andy and the cheating woman?

6. This song was written as a response to a school shooting in San Diego. What was the name of the song?

7. This funk band reportedly got their name from a series of bus routes in their hometown.

8. According to this classic song, what was wrong with the macaroni, the peas and the chicken? What made the diner feel better after this?

9. Where did Billy Joe McAllister meet his demise? Talahachi (sp) bridge

10. This drummer passed out in the Cow Palace in 1973 after taking what combination of drugs and alcohol?Moon the loon
2) Lightning
3)Lime
4) ABC
5)
6)
7)
8)
9) Talahachi (sp) bridge
10) Drummer was Moon the Loon

Last edited:
2. Lightning (Kung fu fighting fast as lightning)
3. Lime
4. ABC?
8. I know it's Rappers Delight but not sure....

10 has to be Keith Moon. Something weird like horse transquilizers and vodka

10. This drummer passed out in the Cow Palace in 1973 after taking what combination of drugs and alcohol?
2. Lightning
3. Lime
4. ABC
8. Macaroni’s soggy, peas are mushed, and the chicken tastes like wood- Kaopectate
9. Tallahachee Bridge

1. don't know
  2. don't know
  3. lime
  4. baby you and me
  5. andy kohan
  6. don't know
  7. chicago TA
  8. don't know
  9. Tallahachee Bridge
  10. Olde Frothenslosh and St. Phillips children's aspirins.

Answering without having looked at the previous responses, apologies for any repeats from posts before mine.

Daddy was a cop, on the east side of Chicago.

Those cats were fast as lightning.

Put the lime in the coconut

ABC -- easy as 1, 2, 3

No idea on this one

Tough one.
I'm thinking "I Don't Like Mondays" but I think that came out in the early 80's.

Nope

No idea.

Talahatchee bridge

Keith Moon, no idea on the booze and drugs, let's go with bourbon and ludes.

We need to bring back Mr.C's Music Trivia Friday...........

W55020.jpg

1. As the second largest city in America passed away, what was determined to be the occupation of the narrator's father? The father was a police officer.

2. Asian martial arts were compared to this weather phenomenon. Lightning.

3. What was put in the coconut? Lime.

4. What was as easy as 123? A-B-C.

5. When a man comes home after being away for a while, he finds out his wife cheated on him with his friend Andy and another man, Seth. Who killed Andy and the cheating woman? The man's sister.

6. This song was written as a response to a school shooting in San Diego. What was the name of the song? I Don't Like Mondays. Charted in 1979.

7. This funk band reportedly got their name from a series of bus routes in their hometown. The GAP Band. Key word in this question was "funk".

Have you ever went over a friends house to eat
And the food just ain't no good?
The macaroni's soggy, the peas are mushed, And the chicken tastes like wood
Kaeopectate

9. Where did Billy Joe McAllister meet his demise? Tallahatchie Bridge.

10. This drummer passed out in the Cow Palace in 1973 after taking what combination of drugs and alcohol? Horse tranquilizers and brandy. The drummer was most certainly Keith Moon.

Reactions: Obliviax
#7. It was three streets in their hometown...Greenwood, Archer and Pine. Your question threw me. I’m a huge Gap Band fan, but you threw me by using bus routes instead of streets.

#7B.T.Express
If it is grand funk railroad, it is named after the Detroit rail spur, the grand trunk railroad

Ran a plant in Detroit in the 90’s , and the grand trunk made raw material deliveries. Always thought it sounded too similar, and read the reference after I moved

Excellent! Well done.

#5 Andy's little sister.

Answering without having looked at the previous responses, apologies for any repeats from posts before mine.

Daddy was a cop, on the east side of Chicago.

Paper Lace was really bad with geography. The east side of Chicago is Lake Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT