ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Wrestling Trials

Glad I deleted the pre-sale emails. Besides the travel, I would've tried to be a solo and had to have bought two tickets for the privilege.

You are a lot smarter then me. 1 hr 22 minutes in trying. I can see the seats available per section, when i click on it, it tells me it is loading seats then nothing.

I was hoping someone on the group had a work around.

Where can I get a TV Guide these days for April. :rolleyes:

on a whim I checked around 6pm last eve (Friday) and 2 seats popped up in the lower bowl... out of weakness i jumped on them and will now be watching this event live with my kid. Oh well - cooped up with COVID causes a need to 'get out'! :cool:

We just got reimbursed this morning according to our credit card. $314.00 SO if you haven't you might want to check with Penn State Athletics Monday.

giphy.gif

It’s crazy time to move B1G and Olympic trial out of PA!! Move it to a state where at least a couple thousand fans can attend. Wolf and the B1G commish need to actually talk to Doctors that understand the real issues with Covid! No damn reason we can’t have 2000-3000 at the BJC!
My daughter went to PSU undergrad ( Pre med) and Temple Med. it’s BS. Hell, move it to South Dakota. They are least have a Giv that understands science, medicine and the implications of a 12 month lockdown. We have Wolf, the Tranny and Dementia Joe! At least the Tranny is Biden’s now!
Hell do like D3. They moved their tourney to Coralville, Iowa !! New smaller arena. Get it off campus and wrestle!
I said to H with PA, got a rapid Covid test abd got out of PA. If we can’t watch sports in person, I’ll just spend 2-3 weeks in StThomas at Sapphire Beach!
Fly back Wed , at least can watch it on BTN.
If the crap continues, move everything out of PA!! Move tournaments to an out of state location. B1G and Dem govs have out conf on lockdowns! Enough.
Pathetic, when parents can’t even attend !’
Take it to the Covid thread.

It’s crazy time to move B1G and Olympic trial out of PA!! Move it to a state where at least a couple thousand fans can attend. Wolf and the B1G commish need to actually talk to Doctors that understand the real issues with Covid! No damn reason we can’t have 2000-3000 at the BJC!
My daughter went to PSU undergrad ( Pre med) and Temple Med. it’s BS. Hell, move it to South Dakota. They are least have a Giv that understands science, medicine and the implications of a 12 month lockdown. We have Wolf, the Tranny and Dementia Joe! At least the Tranny is Biden’s now!
Hell do like D3. They moved their tourney to Coralville, Iowa !! New smaller arena. Get it off campus and wrestle!
I said to H with PA, got a rapid Covid test abd got out of PA. If we can’t watch sports in person, I’ll just spend 2-3 weeks in StThomas at Sapphire Beach!
If the crap continues, move everything out of PA!! Move tournaments to an out of state location. B1G and Dem govs have out conf on lockdowns! Enough.

This is such a spot-on impression of some of the wingnuts on the dumpster fire thread. You captured it perfectly. Bravo!

Well, at least you managed to keep politics and sexual orientation phobias out of that rant.

But pahawk68, I can't tell from your post- did you or did you not get me OTT tickets?

Last Chance Qualifier Date/Location has been announced for Fort Worth, TX on March 26-27. See below for link to release.

-- The top two (2) place finishers in the Men’s Freestyle event per weight category will qualify for the 2020 U.S. Olympic Team Trials
-- Athletes who have already qualified will NOT be allowed to compete in this event

Note that NCAA Champions in 2021 also receive an auto-qualifying spot at the Olympic Trials

Last Chance Qualifier Date/Location has been announced for Fort Worth, TX on March 26-27. See below for link to release.

-- The top two (2) place finishers in the Men’s Freestyle event per weight category will qualify for the 2020 U.S. Olympic Team Trials
-- Athletes who have already qualified will NOT be allowed to compete in this event

Note that NCAA Champions in 2021 also receive an auto-qualifying spot at the Olympic Trials

thanks for this! also, since i know i was curious, they WILL be wrestling true second place matches if necessary.

do we think anybody is going to lose at NCAA's, win at LCQ, and make a run at olympic team trials? my guess would be someone at 97kg since the LCQ should be pretty light at that weight

Any American who gets a Chinese covid vaccine is nuts
However, this will probably be a politically correct way to get an approved vaccine from Moderna or Pfizer without appearing to be jumping the line.

Any American who gets a Chinese covid vaccine is nuts
However, this will probably be a politically correct way to get an approved vaccine from Moderna or Pfizer without appearing to be jumping the line.
Not just any American.

Two middle-aged Hong Kong residents have died of strokes within days of the Sinovac shot.

No other vaccine has had any issue remotely this serious.

... Two middle-aged Hong Kong residents have died of strokes within days of the Sinovac shot.

No other vaccine has had any issue remotely this serious. [sic]
Uh, I’m reading headlines about AstraZeneca-coincident blood-clotting deaths just this morning.

If we take any millions of people, some of them will die without warning. Taking two anecdotes and coming to a simplistic conclusion is not science.

I don’t trust the Chinese vaccines for other, transparency-related reasons, though.

Uh, I’m reading headlines about AstraZeneca-coincident blood-clotting deaths just this morning.

If we take any millions of people, some of them will die without warning. Taking two anecdotes and coming to a simplistic conclusion is not science.
I hadn't seen those, but that raises more points:

Several EU countries have halted that vaccine pending review. China is full steam ahead on Sinovac.

It could turn out that Sinovac is safe -- but nobody should trust their data or their in-country regulators' reports.

And there are multiple alternatives.

Reactions: Dogwelder
J&J enough said. Between the big 3 we will have more vaccine than people in the US within a couple of months.

USA WRESTLING ANNOUNCES OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS COMPETITION SCHEDULE
By Taylor Miller, USA Wrestling | March 11, 2021, 2:03 p.m. (ET)

USA Wrestling has released its expected schedule for the Olympic Team Trials – Wrestling, which is set for April 2-3, 2021, in Fort Worth, Texas, at Dickies Arena.
Competition begins Friday at 10 a.m. CT with challenge tournament preliminary rounds and quarterfinals for all weights in all three Olympic styles. The semifinals and finals for the challenge brackets are set for Friday night beginning at 6:30 p.m. CT.
Saturday afternoon’s action will start at noon CT with consolation competition, concluding with third-place matches. Finally, starting at 6:30 p.m. CT on Saturday, the best-of-three finals series for each weight class will be contested.
Tickets are still available HERE! USA Wrestling will update with the NBC broadcasting schedule when more information becomes available.
OLYMPIC TEAM TRIALS – WRESTLING
April 2-3, 2021 | Dickies Arena (Fort Worth, Texas)

Competition schedule (U.S. Central Time)
Friday, April 2
Session IChallenge Tournament
Preliminaries, Quarterfinals, Consolation Rd(s)
(ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)
*All Championship matches will wrestle prior to Consolation rd. 1
10:00 AM – 3:30PM

Session IIChallenge Tournament
Semifinals and Finals

6:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Saturday, April 3
Session IIIChallenge Tournament
Consolation, 3rd Place, True 3rd IF NEEDED
(ALL STYLES AND WEIGHTS)
12:00 PM – 4:00PM

Session IV Tournament