ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Wrestlers With A Chance To Earn Some Loot By Medaling In Rio

Nice to see former wrestlers who've become financial tycoons paying back and financially rewarding Olympic wrestlers who medal...

"Wealthy Donors Dangle a Huge Payday in Front of U.S. Wrestlers - NYTimes.com" via http://TeamStre.am by Bleacher Report

http://teamstre.am/2aM1zhF
I'm glad someone is looking out for the athletes. I was shocked when I heard that Singapore pays out 750 grand to their athletes if they win a gold medal while the US pays only 25 grand per gold. Singapore receives no aid from the US but quite a few nations that dispense higher rewards than our country do receive aid in one form or another. I'm sorry but that just pisses me off...

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo_Hawk
I'm glad someone is looking out for the athletes. I was shocked when I heard that Singapore pays out 750 grand to their athletes if they win a gold medal while the US pays only 25 grand per gold. Singapore receives no aid from the US but quite a few nations that dispense higher rewards than our country do receive aid in one form or another. I'm sorry but that just pisses me off...
Wow, didn't know Singapore pays that much. You're right though in that the US needs to step it up. Although Phelps would really put a dent in the pocket of the US...lol...23 Gold medals.

It's not like Singapore pays that out often -- or ever before, for that matter. The guy who beat Phelps is their first-ever gold medalist.

Singapore is a mega rich country. It is literally a city state country where all the millionaires from China have moved to over the past 20 years. Place is crazy rich.

Singapore is a mega rich country. It is literally a city state country where all the millionaires from China have moved to over the past 20 years. Place is crazy rich.
Having just returned from a week in Hong Kong: Singapore is where wealthy Hong Kong residents have moved since Britain ceded the HK territory to China, and are continuing to move. Culturally they're similar (British colonies with lots of ethnic Chinese). The HK "Special Autonomous Region" expires in 2047, and along with it private property rights and individual liberty.

And China is cheating: they're extending the Guangzhou-Shenzhen bullet train into Kowloon (which is part of HK), and will eventually extend all the way to Beijing. Officially it's for commuters to HK and businessmen traveling to Shenzhen (China's Silicon Valley). Only idiots believe that. Really it's to smooth the 2047 "transition" and to rig HK elections until then, by flooding the SAR with mainlanders.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Congress is considering a bill that would make Olympic prize money and the medals themselves non-taxable income. Apparently it would apply to awards from the USOTC and the governing bodies of the various sports.

Having just returned from a week in Hong Kong: Singapore is where wealthy Hong Kong residents have moved since Britain ceded the HK territory to China, and are continuing to move. Culturally they're similar (British colonies with lots of ethnic Chinese). The HK "Special Autonomous Region" expires in 2047, and along with it private property rights and individual liberty.

And China is cheating: they're extending the Guangzhou-Shenzhen bullet train into Kowloon (which is part of HK), and will eventually extend all the way to Beijing. Officially it's for commuters to HK and businessmen traveling to Shenzhen (China's Silicon Valley). Only idiots believe that. Really it's to smooth the 2047 "transition" and to rig HK elections until then, by flooding the SAR with mainlanders.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: Congress is considering a bill that would make Olympic prize money and the medals themselves non-taxable income. Apparently it would apply to awards from the USOTC and the governing bodies of the various sports.

Yes, should have said Singapore is where all of Asia millionaires are going, not just China.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT