ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Trials Results and discussion thread

I wonder on Peacock today if they will be showing who the on deck and in the hole wrestlers are for each of the 4 mats?
The trackwrestling dashboard is a much safer bet for that info, but maybe....

There is only 1 men's freestyle bout slated for the 1st 3 matches on the 4 mats--Sanders vs. Richards in the hole on 3.

Last edited:
Wasn't Cox a tweener in non-Olympic years who actually went up for the trials when he had the choice? Good thing he has his bye but he probably still has to wrestle at some point this morning/afternoon session.

Reactions: CentexLion
Willie then tweeted he heard J'Den weighed in after they closed. Either way, what's going on?

Incredible. What a real loss for the tournament. I wanted Kyle, but Jden in my eyes was the favorite.

Reactions: nerfstate
Oh that's a huge disappointment. No IMar, Suriano, Cox.

Sanders Richards first MFS up on mat 3 now.

Wow. I too thought J'Den would represent USA at 97kg. That's a huge screw up to miss weight.

It's hard to keep track of the mat assignments and stay unspoiled b/c Track is nearly a minute ahead of Peacock.

Reactions: psumacw
I don't see Helen on the Track brackets, are they normally correct or am I just blind?

Women's 57 right? AT least that is what Justin Tweeted

Bright side: Cenzo now has company in the “missed weight at olympic trials” club. (Happened in 2016).

Reactions: PSUer1989
Tank Hendo now up.

• Tank TD2, up 2-0
  • Henderson got in deep but frank fought it off.
  • 0:19 SO frank. 3-0
  • end of 1
  • 2:45 TD2 Tank 5-0
  • Henderson got a point missed it 5-1
  • 0:58 brick thrown and pulled
  • 0:40 4 for Frank, brick thrown
  • challenge lost 10-1
  • that’s it
Nick vs McKee also up now.

• 2:20 nick throws him to his back, almost got the fall. 4-0
  • 0:10 another 4 for nick. 8-0
  • end of 1
  • 1:50 crazy exchange ruled 2 exposure for Nick 10-0, pending review
  • long review.... could have been McKee’s 2
  • 2 and 2 called 10-2
  • 0:56 another 4 for Nick wins 14-2

Last edited:
Nick and McKee were in a sort of Russian tie that could've gone either way, but Nick threw him to his back, nearly pinned him. Then tried to go inside trip, didn't work, tried a double, gets four more. Up 8-0 at break.
Nick with an arm drag for two, but points erased; exposure for two, but gives up reverse and exposure? 10-0 on board, challenge by McKee.
McKee wins the challenge, 10-2
McKee gets to legs, looks very close to scoring, Lee with a beautiful turn for four more, wins 14-2.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT