ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma's QB Caleb Williams

BeaverLion

Sep 14, 2019
I know OU was his destination, but how serious of an attraction were we for him? I think he visited a few times.
My god, he is really good.

I know OU was his destination, but how serious of an attraction were we for him? I think he visited a few times.
My god, he is really good.
We were in it for a long time. But, when his dad mentioned they're picking his school based on how highly drafted a program can get him....

He is amazing.

Their D will cost them somewhere possibly but they won't be hurting to put points up.

He throws backfooted darts almost Rodgers-like

He is amazing.

Their D will cost them somewhere possibly but they won't be hurting to put points up.

He throws backfooted darts almost Rodgers-like
I will wait to see more of him, but if he does more of this he maybe the best Frosh QB I have seen. He is unreal and so accurate.

I will wait to see more of him, but if he does more of this he maybe the best Frosh QB I have seen. He is unreal and so accurate.

His arm talent and mobility are incredible, but what I was most impressed with was his composure. He had full command of that offense, never panicking under pressure. I think he'd be in discussion for #1 pick if he was eligible this year. Surprised that Rattler hasn't hit the portal yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: psu00 and N&B4PSU
Fowler and Herbie were impressed. They were in full-on “Be right back” mode all night.

I see now why he was ranked so high out of high school. He has a chance to be a great one. Lincoln Riley just keeps pulling in great QBs
I think it was mentioned in another thread but he's got the #1 QB recruit for 2023 committed--out of LA, I believe. As long as Riley's at OU, it's hard to envision their QB pipeline drying up anytime soon.

I think it was mentioned in another thread but he's got the #1 QB recruit for 2023 committed--out of LA, I believe. As long as Riley's at OU, it's hard to envision their QB pipeline drying up anytime soon.
Will he still be there in 2023? I think with his age and success, the NFL is going to come calling at some point.

Williams was trending PSU and visited three times... but things changed in 2020 when KC replaced RR. I really believe that was the beginning of the end for KC as Williams drifted away throughout 2020 and picked Oklahoma at the end of the summer, I believe.

• Wow
Reactions: Shadow99
Will he still be there in 2023? I think with his age and success, the NFL is going to come calling at some point.
Possibly, but with bigtime CF failing in the NFL - like Saban and Meyer - who knows ? Definitely 2 different games.

Williams was trending PSU and visited three times... but things changed in 2020 when KC replaced RR. I really believe that was the beginning of the end for KC as Williams drifted away throughout 2020 and picked Oklahoma at the end of the summer, I believe.

Franklin's gotta find a way to keep MY for the long-term. I'd fully expect MY to bring in Franklin's first true blue chip QB recruit. Someone like Lawrence, Williams or Ewers.

Gotta start spreading rumors that Riley is leaving OU every year. BTW, I heard USC is looking to offer him gobs of money to come out west.

• Haha
Reactions: Shadow99
Not sure what Bowen was thinking transferring there, hell he might be starting here right now had he stayed..

@BeaverLion

'Carl asked each school in the text for a “specific and holistic program” that illustrates how Caleb can become “the 1st pick in the 2024 NFL draft.” Williams said he’d like that to include the school showcasing everything from “development of ability to read multiple defensive fronts” to “some pro-style under-center game stuff, not all spread” and “QB-specific sports science.”

He accompanied the long text with the theme song from the classic television show “The Six Million Dollar Man.” Carl Williams’ goal, essentially, is to be sure that his son maximizes his prolific talent. He knows that there’s a $20 million difference between being the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft and the No. 15 pick, and he wants to be sure his son is in the best position to snare a salary like Kyler Murray’s $35 million.

“You go to college to get prepared for your next job, right?” Carl Williams said. “So if there's a $20 million gap between being a janitor at here and being a janitor at that hotel across the street, hell I want to be the same janitor at the hotel across the street. It's the same thing. There's such a disparity in money. Who could prepare the kid to be the best?” '

Caleb Williams

@BeaverLion

'Carl asked each school in the text for a “specific and holistic program” that illustrates how Caleb can become “the 1st pick in the 2024 NFL draft.” Williams said he’d like that to include the school showcasing everything from “development of ability to read multiple defensive fronts” to “some pro-style under-center game stuff, not all spread” and “QB-specific sports science.”

He accompanied the long text with the theme song from the classic television show “The Six Million Dollar Man.” Carl Williams’ goal, essentially, is to be sure that his son maximizes his prolific talent. He knows that there’s a $20 million difference between being the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft and the No. 15 pick, and he wants to be sure his son is in the best position to snare a salary like Kyler Murray’s $35 million.

“You go to college to get prepared for your next job, right?” Carl Williams said. “So if there's a $20 million gap between being a janitor at here and being a janitor at that hotel across the street, hell I want to be the same janitor at the hotel across the street. It's the same thing. There's such a disparity in money. Who could prepare the kid to be the best?” '

Caleb Williams
I think we had the OC turnover question, but also did not have a pipeline of QBs to NFL like OU or others. Hack and Trace are our two, and not the level a player like this wants to hear about. I recall the dad also asked JF if there was any problem replacing a starting QB with a FR - ala the Trevor Lawrence model. It was my understanding that the family had some issues with that - talked about on Rivals. We saw Riley pull the plug on Spencer for Caleb.

ADVERTISEMENT