ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State @ Iowa (8pm est)

Young’s season starting to nosedive. After a few uninspiring wins against pedestrian talent including an OT win against an unranked guy last week, now a bad loss to a low ranked opponent. Warts are poking up through the makeup.

Reactions: diggerpup
All I can say is Iowa wrestling like a real B1G10 team and Okie State doesn’t want to be there. No fight at all. I believe they’ve given back points every match. No fight. It really is the B1G10 and everyone else.

What happened to John Smith??? How can one of the top 3 programs in wrestling history have fallen so much????? They look like Edinboro or Rider out there??? Shocking! The big 10 just dominates wrestling!

Tough showing for Young. He Definitely looked liked the PA version of himself. Not the IA;)

lol, this is pretty funny. I know you get a bad rap on this board, but I think you’re usually reasonable guy, Turk. Hope the family is doing well.

Reactions: WildTurk
How in the world does Kaleb Young make 157? He looks every bit as big as Marinelli who is a bigger 165 IMO

Wittlake looking good so far vs Marinelli. 1-0 lead, 40 seconds to go in the second.

EDIT: Period ends. Marinelli chooses down to start the 3rd.

EDIT: Marinelli escapes to start the 3rd, 1-1.

EDIT: Fun bout, despite no offensive points ... and right after I type that, Marinelli with a takedown. Bout ends 3-2 Marinelli.

First I've seen Wittlake in a while. He'll be a tough out at NCAA's.

Young’s season starting to nosedive. After a few uninspiring wins against pedestrian talent including an OT win against an unranked guy last week, now a bad loss to a low ranked opponent. Warts are poking up through the makeup.
Young is definitely good but at the same time not particularly impressive. He is in a lot of close matches. He wins a lot of them because he's in good condition, can get out from bottom, and usually is tough to score on. But when he gets upset it's not that surprising IMO.

What happened to John Smith??? How can one of the top 3 programs in wrestling history have fallen so much????? They look like Edinboro or Rider out there??? Shocking! The big 10 just dominates wrestling!

To be fair there is a bunch of talent that will taking the mat the next 3-4 years in Stillwater. Should be fun to watch OSU back in the mix with PSU and Iowa.

They knew this would be somewhat of a throw away year but still tough to stomach what you are seeing tonight.

Wittlake looking good so far vs Marinelli. 1-0 lead, 40 seconds to go in the second.

EDIT: Period ends. Marinelli chooses down to start the 3rd.

EDIT: Marinelli escapes to start the 3rd, 1-1.

EDIT: Fun bout, despite no offensive points ... and right after I type that, Marinelli with a takedown. Bout ends 3-2 Marinelli.

First I've seen Wittlake in a while. He'll be a tough out at NCAA's.

Wittlake has no offense???? VJ will make short work of him. Another Marinelli barnburner!!!!! 3-2!!! I hope VJ pins his ass in the Big 10s and NCAA's!

Don't understand Brands thinking here unless Assad is hurt and will not go in big ten Nelson is to undersized for 184.

Reactions: diggerpup
Warner should have been banged for top stall all three times they went off the mat.

Jim Gibbons with more articulate thoughts, this time about Colin Moore: "Two years ago Colin Moore was the #1 seed at 197. And last year Bo Nickal moved up to 197 and that's just a difference there."

No shit.

ADVERTISEMENT