ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State @ Iowa (8pm est)

diggerpup

Feb 7, 2007
Typical monsterous annual rivalry does not quite have the same *pop* this season.

Not one of John Smith's better teams. Odd to see no Cowboys ranked in the Top 3 at their weight.

Still curious to see:

1) Does Picc have anything for Spencer Lee this season?
2) Can Boo knock off Lugo?
3) Outside chance Hawks could shut out these Pokes :eek: . . .

Reactions: Thenightking
A lot of good ranked matchups but Iowa is HEAVILY favored. 149 and 184 are the two realistic weights I can see the Cowboys winning. 125 and 165 should be interesting matchups.

Reactions: diggerpup
One of the FLO guys went back as far as he could and couldn't find a dual in which Okie State was ever shut out.

I don’t see a shut out. I think Boo wins at least. Dusty Hone can win at 141 as well. I want to see 165 the most. The bull is a heavy favorite but Wittlake is having a great year. When they said he was going 165 at the beginning of the year I thought it was going to be like Marsteller. Just way too big of a cut and that it would really effect his performance. It hasn’t happened that way at all though. He has looked pretty great in every match I’ve seen. Also am interested in Kemmerer vs JoJo. JoJo has been so up and down. Taken some beatings from kids he should destroy and then has looked really good at other times. I think Kemmerer wins by 6-7 but I wouldn’t be shocked if it ends up a one point match either.

Dream season for Iowa / did they travel for any big matches . OSU, PSU, OkSt. The first time they travel for a real match may be the RAC?

Stalling. When he gets to the third he wears out. Bring on glory

For as much as Iowa fans complain about officiating the officiating in CHA is always so biased it's unreal. That wasn't 2 NF on the edge, either. They stopped Piccinninni's first shot for stalemate so quick. And Lee should have been hit with another stall.

Stalling. When he gets to the third he wears out. Bring on glory
It will be interesting to see how a match will progress if someone can get out of the first giving no NF points, and able to keep it close to start the 3rd

much easier said than done

Reactions: diggerpup
For as much as Iowa fans complain about officiating the officiating in CHA is always so biased it's unreal. That wasn't 2 NF on the edge, either. They stopped Piccinninni's first shot for stalemate so quick. And Lee should have been hit with another stall.
Yeah, Lee was in no danger of losing that bout but those 2 near fall points were rather generous. Would have avoided the MD, though in the big picture it isn't gonna matter.

I like that this ref is starting the stall count as soon as the top man is hanging on the leg , even in scramble position.

Not wrestling Nick was just what the doctor ordered. Wrestling with confidence that wouldn't be there after a Nick thrashing

Pretty miraculous recoveries by DeSanto and Murin. Glad everyone is healthy enough to wrestle in the postseason.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT