ADVERTISEMENT

Okla Sooners with back to back Heisman winners

Major major upset. Espn all but gave tua the award.

Who was second and third

IMHO, Tua had it all wrapped up until the Georgia game.

Haven’t seen any analysis of the voting, but I bet the “early” voters had Tua winning by a pretty decent margin.

The fact that Bama rolled just about every opponent they played hurt Tua too. He didn’t play a ton in a lot of 4th quarters. To me Tua and Murray were a step above Haskins this year.

Reactions: JJTopp99
I felt like OU/Bama was going to be a 62-45 type of game before. Now, it'll probably be 70-13. Those who paid for the jet are probably semi-upset.

Without Grier, WVU would have been 5-6 at best. If that’s the criteria, then Grier should have won it running away.

Well, 4 of 878 voters agreed with you!

Of 878 voters, only 16 voted for someone other than Murray, Tua and Haskins.

Well, 4 of 878 voters agreed with you!

Of 878 voters, only 16 voted for someone other than Murray, Tua and Haskins.
Because the award has come down to stats....which is why Oklahoma QB’s have won it in back to back years. Might as well keep giving it to the QB of the best team in the Big 12 since they rack up the best stats when they’re playing against no defense.

I look at the Heisman Trophy a bit like I look at the Grammy Awards. Neither goes to the best in their field. How many years did some nauseating pop group (e.g., Air Supply) win a Grammy while the Stones, the Who, Bob Dylan, you name the meaningful artist, were not even getting nominated. Saquon was by FAR the best player in CFB last year, but he never got a sniff of the Heisman.

Instead, Grier is running away from WVUs shitty bowl game.
That’s true and you can’t blame him....although many of the WVU fans blame him and of course many of them blame him for the loss to Oklahoma, so they’re obviously not that bright.

I look at the Heisman Trophy a bit like I look at the Grammy Awards. Neither goes to the best in their field. How many years did some nauseating pop group (e.g., Air Supply) win a Grammy while the Stones, the Who, Bob Dylan, you name the meaningful artist, were not even getting nominated. Saquon was by FAR the best player in CFB last year, but he never got a sniff of the Heisman.

I’m all out of love and I’m so lost without you I know you were right believing for so long.

Don’t know about you but at high school dances i danced with girls more for that song than dancing to The Who.

Reactions: TangSoo
I’m just surprised Rashan Gary didn’t win. He spent so much time being better than Meteoric YGM that he made it look as easy as if he was doing nothing.

Beauty contest
Gave up watching in ‘94. Rashad Saleem over Kijana Carter ( one Hail Mary early in season on TV against Michigan sealed it) right! Slould be given after bowl games. How did Marcus Allen, Hershel Walker (Warner was better) and Vinny Testeverde (Dozier was better) fare against us in bowl games. Last year the best player was Saquan Barkley and he didn’t even get an invite.

I agree with you - and if you aren’t on a CFP Team you probable can’t win - the Heisman jumped the shark when Gino Toretta won it - I didn’t even know it was presented last night. Few people care anymore since they know it’s a joke.

Because the award has come down to stats....which is why Oklahoma QB’s have won it in back to back years. Might as well keep giving it to the QB of the best team in the Big 12 since they rack up the best stats when they’re playing against no defense.

Yep. I'd be on board with renaming it to something along those lines.

Double yep.

Just for the fun of it I checked out the wiki on John Heisman and stumbled upon this piece of info that I never knew before:

"He (John Heisman) had a flat nose due to being struck in the face by a football, when he tried to block a kick against Penn State by leap-frogging the center."

Reactions: gslachta
I’m all out of love and I’m so lost without you I know you were right believing for so long.

Don’t know about you but at high school dances i danced with girls more for that song than dancing to The Who.
Had a high school acquaintance who did that as well. He loved the slow dances. Gave him the opportunity to leave an impression of his "package" on the midsection of many an unsuspecting female. Girls either loved him or hated him. Mostly the latter. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT