ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, list a song in music, covered in a different genre, but still rocks.........

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but the guy is really talented. I just finished watching most of his YouTube videos. It's worth the 7:00 watch.

No one can ever accuse the BWI board of not being "mind expanding"
Yeah, right? I know some folks who know him a little. He sells out all over the country.

I have been wondering for weeks how to dump Puddles into the BWI mix, and then i see the perfect thread.

Have you ever seen/heard Trans Siberian Orchestra perform their version of Canon in D? I'd link it but am on my phone. I've seen them several times during the Christmas season. You, I think, would really dig them.
Yes, I have it on a CD and play it often during the Christmas season. It's terrific.

Reactions: wbcincy
One last dip into the Puddles Pity Party. Remember, every song he does is done in a different genre, because he is the only source for 6'8" sad clown music.

Ladies and Gentlemen : The Sad Clown With The Golden Voice!

Very NSFW language...and if you didn't like Wu-Tang or System of a Down, don't bother, you'll hate this.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but the guy is really talented. I just finished watching most of his YouTube videos. It's worth the 7:00 watch.

No one can ever accuse the BWI board of not being "mind expanding"

Sometimes mind expanding.
Sometmes mind blowing.
Sometimes mindless.
ik49VlPshlPIz.gif

Van Halen cover of you really got me is the best cover ever. Add in eruption and oh my!!!!!

Reactions: nitanee123

Charlie Hunter covered the entire Natty Dread album.

If you aren't familiar, Charlie plays a hybrid bass and electric guitar. He plays bass lines while picking solos or chords.

Train covering Ramble On (Led Zeppelin)

Ram Jam covering Black Betty (Leadbelly)

The Kingsmen covering Louie Louie (Richard Berry)

Last edited:
Reactions: Peetz Pool Boy
Another one introduced by Dick Clark on the Saturday Night Beech Nut show. Originally a 1930s movie tune. A lot of 1950s rock n roll hits, especially the ballads, were remakes of old standards.

I am pleased that everyone is including "Clips" in their responses.

There's nothing more annoying than clicking on a response without "almost instant gratification".

Keep up the great work. There is some great music included in this thread.

Last edited:
Originally a minuet from the 1700s.

Also noticed at the end of the video, they were actually singing, not just lip synching to a pre-recorded track.

These guys seem a bit odd but, Alien Ant Farm's version of Smooth Criminal (Michael Jackson) isn't bad:

EDIT: Sorry Midnighter ... didn't see you throw this one out earlier. Great minds!

Last edited:
I really enjoyed that one. His voice is so similar to Art's......not this board's "Art", but rather Art Garfunkel. :)

This is a classic case where a cover song really brings out something completely different in the lyrics/spirit of the original. Here's the Tears for Fears original....(which is similar, until the chorus...):

ADVERTISEMENT