ADVERTISEMENT

OK, now it's official: Sir Yacht's on board

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Hot off his Twitter feed:

>>The B1G vote has already been taken today and as of right now all 14 football teams are playing, per source.
Fall start date will be determined tomorrow with schedule. October 17th was floated around today by reporters but the start date is most likely October 10.<<

>>The B1G vote has already been taken today and as of right now all 14 football teams are playing, per source.
Fall start date will be determined tomorrow with schedule. October 17th was floated around today by reporters but the start date is most likely October 10.<<
I hope he’s right, but how does one walk back this stupidity if he’s wrong and expect any credibility at all.

Reactions: step.eng69
s

If we play and allowed 25% stadium capacity, I'd like to see 25,500 +/- students an top of the limited capacity with player's family members and field crew.

you want the group who tested 17% positive for covid today jammed together in a stadium (see K state game right now).You’ve got to be kidding.

I hope he’s right, but how does one walk back this stupidity if he’s wrong and expect any credibility at all.

Based on the record of the last month, it would not appear that Sir Yacht worries about credibility. He confidently moves from one mysteriously authoritative pronouncement to the next, accumulating Twitter followers by the thousands, even as everything he says turns out to be bullshit. It's actually funny as hell.

In this case, however, he's piggybacking on the Outkick story, so at least we don't have to worry that the "source" is a cashier at Walmart, which is where he's gotten all his other breathless scoops.

It was reported that all the teams (14) will vote to ALLOW play but some will opt out. I have no idea if that is accurate.

I was going to ask how we went from maybe 8 in favor of playing to suddenly all 14- especially after the Rutgres president statement yesterday.

The next question will be what do Michigan and Michigan St do? Will the Michigan prez survive the year if he keeps them out while others play?

When I think of Sir Yacht, I think of the Carol Burnett show version of the Ty-D-Bol man commercial.

Reactions: psu00
What do you think the numbers look like in mid-October?
Oh, I would believe the number of deaths in the by January nation will be double to 2 1/2 times+ the count as of today. But for the most part, that will be old codgers like myself.

I'm finally convinced by reading this board, the Covid minimally affects the 20 yr old group. 🤔

Reactions: tlbakernc
Oh, I would believe the number of deaths in the by January nation will be double to 2 1/2 times+ the count as of today. But for the most part, that will be old codgers like myself.

I'm finally convinced by reading this board, the Covid minimally affects the 20 yr old group. 🤔

Let's not talk about it in terms of deaths. Let's say a situation develops in which a bunch of schools that are playing football have outbreaks that ravage their campuses to the degree that they all go on lock down or have to send everyone home. Do they continue playing football?

Alternatively, hotspots develop throughout a geographic region that are largely traced back to one of those games attended by only 25k. How is that going to look for your school?

how many times can this guy be wrong

Let's not talk about it in terms of deaths. Let's say a situation develops in which a bunch of schools that are playing football have outbreaks that ravage their campuses to the degree that they all go on lock down or have to send everyone home. Do they continue playing football?

Alternatively, hotspots develop throughout a geographic region that are largely traced back to one of those games attended by only 25k. How is that going to look for your school?
Art, I have premium seating and parking. My wife and I are not in favor of having games this year. By November I believe the Covid curve is once again ascending at an alarming rate and peaking in early 2021, I sure hope I'm wrong.

If 25% stadium capacity is allowed, what would you say should the number of fans be limited to in Beaver?

My guess you'll say none.

They are allowing crowds throughout the country. You would think it would be possible to spread 15 to 20k in a 110000 seat stadium.

Reactions: Hotshoe
you want the group who tested 17% positive for covid today jammed together in a stadium (see K state game right now).You’ve got to be kidding.
17% of students have Covid? I think you’re misconstruing the data

708 positives in 16,000 tests = 4%

The university administered 2,830 student random surveillance tests between September 4 and September 10, resulting in 28 positives, 1,736 negatives, and 1,066 pending tests. Meanwhile, Penn State administered 1,988 on-demand tests, which yielded 260 positives and 1,311 negatives. Approximately 417 on-demand tests are currently pending.

They are allowing crowds throughout the country. You would think it would be possible to spread 15 to 20k in a 110000 seat stadium.
Country, once the normal flu season arrives and combined with the threat of COVID, we may have serious lockdowns. My post was meant to deliver that...if the capacity was limited to 25%, the fans should be students. I always believed the team played for their student population first. I'm still a naive old bird.

Reactions: hlstone and 91Joe95

😆.

As long as we have football.

Everyone on this board the second Sir Yacht gets behind what we all want....

B3-D9-F4-AB-1825-4-CD2-873-E-22-D9-A5-C18-F00.gif

Reactions: McCloudersportLion
Just saw on the ABC scroll that ACC Board May consider Suspending season.

First I heard about that.

Sorry if already posted.

It’s accurate, whether you like it or not
What a stupid post.
17% of students have Covid? I think you’re misconstruing the data

708 positives in 16,000 tests = 4%

The university administered 2,830 student random surveillance tests between September 4 and September 10, resulting in 28 positives, 1,736 negatives, and 1,066 pending tests. Meanwhile, Penn State administered 1,988 on-demand tests, which yielded 260 positives and 1,311 negatives. Approximately 417 on-demand tests are currently pending.

17% positivity today. As in today’s test results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT