ADVERTISEMENT

Ok I’ll be the first to say it. Does Oregon make a run…

Yeah, teams are just salivating over Franky's performance the past two seasons...

From reading the PAC boards, the most popular choice for the Oregon HC position is Chip Kelly. He might be wanting to get out of L.A. to keep from going head-to-head with Lincoln Riley and USC who seems to be pulling in some monster recruits right now

at CJF? Tremendous facilities and Nike $. Doubtful but the Kelly and Riley hires were out of nowhere.

After watching Oregon against Utah, they should be looking for coaching candidates out of the UFC. They need to get their manhood back. Literally. That team quit to a point where I thought the game might be fixed.

To answer your original question……I have no idea if “Oregon will make a run at CJF”. But at this point, he ain’t going anywhere.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
No need to worry. The only AD in the country that would offer Franklin a 7.5 million a year, 10 year contract after the last 2 seasons is Penn State’s AD.

Sounds like Phil Knight wants Lane K from Ole Miss.
Lane has baggage but I think he has matured some and he would be a homerun for them in my opinion. Dynamic recruiter, offensive coach experience recruiting California. If not for the Pete Carroll sanctions think he would still be at USC.

I am seeing now that they want to get Chip Kelly back which makes sense - Kiffin just got a boat load of money from Ole Miss.

Here are my questions and call my crazy.... Why didn't Chip work out the first time, why did he leave, and why is this time going to be different?

Here are my questions and call my crazy.... Why didn't Chip work out the first time, why did he leave, and why is this time going to be different?
Didn’t enjoy recruiting wanted to be an NFL coach.
46-9 worked out well. Have my doubts this time at least as compared to prior level. Hasn’t been able to replicate success at UCLA. Teams appear to have caught on to his offense some and had a generational college QB in Mariota.

Last edited:
Didn’t enjoy recruiting wanted to be an NFL coach.
46-9 worked out well. Have my doubts this time at least as compared to prior level. Hasn’t been able to replicate success at UCLA. Teams appear to have caught on to his offense some and had a generational college QB in Mariota.
That is not accurate. He was about to get fired for recruiting violations and had to work in the NFL after being slapped with a show cause order. Kelly's departure likely saved them from a post-season ban.

That is not accurate. He was about to get fired for recruiting violations and had to work in the NFL after being slapped with a show cause order. Kelly's departure likely saved them from a post-season ban.
Wrong. They wouldn’t have just interviewed him again if they were going to fire him the first time. Jeesh. They were not going to fire him. It has been widely publicized that he doesn’t like recruiting. The violations you are talking about involved a recruiting service and turned out to be relatively minor. They lost 1 scholly per year for 3 years and got no bowl ban. If he stayed it may have been a little worse but they were not getting rid of him let alone attempting to bring him back. He is on record saying he wished to coach in the NFL.

Last edited:
Wrong. They wouldn’t have just interviewed him again if they were going to fire him the first time. Jeesh. They were not going to fire him. It has been widely publicized that he doesn’t like recruiting. The violations you are talking about involved a recruiting service and turned out to be relatively minor. They lost 1 scholly per year for 3 years and got no bowl ban. If he stayed it may have been a little worse but they were not getting rid of him let alone attempting to bring him back. He is on record saying he wished to coach in the NFL.
Than explain the 18 month show cause penalty specifically applied to Chip Kelly? This penalty specifically means you can't coach an NCAA team. They were going to fire him. End of story.

Than explain the 18 month show cause penalty specifically applied to Chip Kelly? This penalty specifically means you can't coach an NCAA team. They were going to fire him. End of story.
Brian Kell
  • In short, a show-cause penalty is just that: a penalty requiring the employer of a penalized coach to appear before a committee every six months how and why said coach has stayed in line with the NCAA rulebook. It does not say a coach must be fired, or that he or she can not be rehired by another school.

Brian Kell

• In short, a show-cause penalty is just that: a penalty requiring the employer of a penalized coach to appear before a committee every six months how and why said coach has stayed in line with the NCAA rulebook. It does not say a coach must be fired, or that he or she can not be rehired by another school.
I don't think you understand the real world implications of a show cause order. It is always an immediate termination.

ADVERTISEMENT