1/12 Minnesota (Schott)
1/19 or 1/21 Iowa (Schott)
1/26 @Michigan St
1/28 Purdue @St Paris Graham
2/2 or 2/4 @Penn St
2/11 @Michigan
2/18 @NC State

Reactions: backdrft76
Friday and Sunday duals the weekend after New Years is the problem, I'm sure. Same happened to us last year...

Ugh.... Scuffle needs to move up a few days like Midlands. If Cael doesn't want to wrestle the Scuffle, then I hope Vegas is in the works.

Reactions: Sean Harp
Per Ohiowrestling.net forum

11/4 Princeton Open
11/5 All Star Classic @Princeton
11/12 Arizona State
11/21 Cleveland St/Kent St
12/1-2 Cliff Keen Inv @Las Vegas
12/10 Indiana @CVCA
12/17 Tenn-Chat @Atlanta
1/5 @Maryland
1/7 @Rutgers
1/12 Minnesota (Schott)
1/19 or 1/21 Iowa (Schott)
1/26 @Michigan St
1/28 Purdue @St Paris Graham
2/2 or 2/4 @Penn St
2/11 @Michigan
2/18 @NC State

I don't like seeing those duals the first weekend in January as it leads me to believe we will have duals that weekend too which means no Scuffle again unless they are home duals, and even then maybe not. Sure hope that doesn't happen as I love going to the Scuffle.

This is what we know so far regarding the Penn State schedule:

11/12 -- Sunday-- Bucknell at Penn State
12/3 -- Sunday -- Penn State at Lehigh
1/12 or 1/14 -- Penn State at Michigan
1/19 -- Friday --- Purdue at Penn State
1/21 -- Sunday --- Penn State at Maryland
1/28 -- Sunday --- Penn State at Rutgers
2/2 or 2/4 -- Ohio State at Penn State
2/9 or 2/11 --- Iowa at Penn State
2/18 -- Sunday -- Buffalo at Penn State
3/3 & 3/4 -- Big Tens
3/15 - 3/17 -- NCAA's

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean Harp
Interesting that Ohio State is wrestling UTC in Atlanta. Hope it helps grow the sport in the SE, though UTC probably could've used the home match.

Interesting that Ohio State is wrestling UTC in Atlanta. Hope it helps grow the sport in the SE, though UTC probably could've used the home match.

I would guess they have some guarantee to at least make what they would have at an actual home match. I would at least hope they negotiated that. then from there split it in some manner.

I like the idea/concept

1/10 or 1/12 -- Penn State at Michigan
As far as a Scuffle Alert goes:

PSU will face 9 conference opponents. 6 of them are spoken for, and not on 1/5 weekend.

That leaves 6 teams (Indiana, Goofers, Sparty, Nebraska, Purdue, and Wisky) for 3 B10 duals.

Last year we traveled to Minny, Lincoln, and Madison -- so it's their turn to travel east (if they're on the schedule at all).

So the schedule risk to the Scuffle is Indiana, MSU, or Purdue on the road for 1/5 weekend.

I would guess they have some guarantee to at least make what they would have at an actual home match. I would at least hope they negotiated that. then from there split it in some manner.

I like the idea/concept
Me too.

Plus the schedule lines up perfectly for Tan Tom to catch a nonstop from Hartsfield to Aruba for the holidays.

As far as a Scuffle Alert goes:

PSU will face 9 conference opponents. 6 of them are spoken for, and not on 1/5 weekend.

That leaves 6 teams (Indiana, Goofers, Sparty, Nebraska, Purdue, and Wisky) for 3 B10 duals.

Last year we traveled to Minny, Lincoln, and Madison -- so it's their turn to travel east (if they're on the schedule at all).

So the schedule risk to the Scuffle is Indiana, MSU, or Purdue on the road for 1/5 weekend.

it would be a travesty if a purdue/indiana dual weekend kept us from the scuffle.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

1/10 or 1/12 -- Penn State at Michigan

Big Ten Duals are highlighted. You also will host Indiana and Minnesota, and visit Michigan State.

1/12 or 1/14 -- Penn State at Michigan

No chance of Vegas.

RENO HERE WE COME

Looks like Scuffle is still a possibility. Isn't that 12/31-1/1? West coast swing on 12/10 weekend including Fresno?

Indiana wrestles Michigan on 1/5 and Michigan State wrestles Iowa 1/5 so only Minnesota is a possibility for 1/5.

the mocs havent updated the scuffle site or announced its own 17-18 schedule yet. what this means I dont know.
Obviously waiting for Cael to finish up with the B1G waiver committee, so he can tell the Scuffle when it should be held. Should be soon, luckily the Mocs got in line just ahead of the NWCA.

Reactions: dunkej01
Obviously waiting for Cael to finish up with the B1G waiver committee, so he can tell the Scuffle when it should be held. Should be soon, luckily the Mocs got in line just ahead of the NWCA.

you know all good sarcasm and BS has a whiff of truth in it.

Reactions: dicemen99
Maybe UTC is ahead of the waiver on Cael's to do list, and he's a little behind this summer?

OSU's match against Purdue on Jan 28th is interesting. Being held at St. Paris Graham. Probably other blue chip wrestlers in the pipeline.

OSU's match against Purdue on Jan 28th is interesting. Being held at St. Paris Graham. Probably other blue chip wrestlers in the pipeline.
That's probably a very happy secondary benefit. Tan Tom has in the past scheduled "home" matches in the HS gyms of his in-state SRs -- in this case, Bo Jordan.

Love the idea for many reasons, tribute to his SR, raises the program's profile across the state, etc.

Reactions: mrh1645
Makes sense since there is plenty of talent in the Graham room. In a similar vein, the Indiana match is at Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, which is where Nato went to school and OSU recruits Jordan and Jacob Decatur are currently attending.

Per the Michigan Schedule;

The smart ass in me wants to know if we can go 3-0 against the wolverines (/ˈwʊlvəriːn/), Gulo gulo (Gulo is Latin for "glutton"), also referred to as the glutton, carcajou, skunk bear, or quickhatch"s.

But I'm not. However I do want to know if the date is not set because the match will be a live BTN broadcast?

Anyone?

Date
Opponent Location
Nov. 5 MSU Open East Lansing, MI
Nov. 10 Arizona State Novi, MI (Detroit Catholic Central)
Nov. 19 Lehigh Bethlehem, PA
Dec. 1-2 CKLV Las Vegas
Dec. 10 Oregon State Ann Arbor, MI
Jan. 5 Indiana Bloomington, IN
Jan. 7 Purdue West Lafayette, IN
Jan. 12 -14 Penn State Ann Arbor, MI
Jan. 19 Wisconsin Ann Arbor, MI
Jan. 21 Minnesota Minneapolis
Jan. 26-28 Iowa Iowa City, Iowa
Feb. 2 Nebraska Ann Arbor, MI
Feb. 9 Michigan State Ann Arbor, MI
Feb. 11 Ohio State Ann Arbor, MI
Feb. 18 Central Michigan Ann Arbor, MI
March 3-4 Big Tens East Lansing, MI
March 15-17 NCAAs Cleveland

I don't like seeing those duals the first weekend in January as it leads me to believe we will have duals that weekend too which means no Scuffle again unless they are home duals, and even then maybe not. Sure hope that doesn't happen as I love going to the Scuffle.
Smile, NoVa...

Reactions: dunkej01
Per the Michigan Schedule;

The smart ass in me wants to know if we can go 3-0 against the wolverines (/ˈwʊlvəriːn/), Gulo gulo (Gulo is Latin for "glutton"), also referred to as the glutton, carcajou, skunk bear, or quickhatch"s.

But I'm not. However I do want to know if the date is not set because the match will be a live BTN broadcast?

Anyone?

Date
Opponent Location
Nov. 5 MSU Open East Lansing, MI
Nov. 10 Arizona State Novi, MI (Detroit Catholic Central)
Nov. 19 Lehigh Bethlehem, PA
Dec. 1-2 CKLV Las Vegas
Dec. 10 Oregon State Ann Arbor, MI
Jan. 5 Indiana Bloomington, IN
Jan. 7 Purdue West Lafayette, IN
Jan. 12 -14 Penn State Ann Arbor, MI
Jan. 19 Wisconsin Ann Arbor, MI
Jan. 21 Minnesota Minneapolis
Jan. 26-28 Iowa Iowa City, Iowa
Feb. 2 Nebraska Ann Arbor, MI
Feb. 9 Michigan State Ann Arbor, MI
Feb. 11 Ohio State Ann Arbor, MI
Feb. 18 Central Michigan Ann Arbor, MI
March 3-4 Big Tens East Lansing, MI
March 15-17 NCAAs Cleveland
Yes that is why the dates are not set yet - PSU had 3 of them last year that had to wait for TV to lock down. Which is cool - except that they result in teams being unable to schedule a 2nd match that weekend

Yes that is why the dates are not set yet - PSU had 3 of them last year that had to wait for TV to lock down. Which is cool - except that they result in teams being unable to schedule a 2nd match that weekend
#firstworldproblems

ADVERTISEMENT