ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Prediction Thread

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
I really can't wait until Saturday. This is always a big game and a matchup I look forward too. Playing night time in Columbus is scary for us right now, it usually means bad things playing in Columbus, what will this matchup mean.

I see us keeping this game close through the first half. My fear though is the offense not doing anything and Ohio State wearing us down. Its simple the offense has to limit its 3 and outs. Lets hope Barkley plays, if not could be a long night.

Ohio State 38, Penn State 10

Reactions: Zenophile
I really can't wait until Saturday. This is always a big game and a matchup I look forward too. Playing night time in Columbus is scary for us right now, it usually means bad things playing in Columbus, what will this matchup mean.

I see us keeping this game close through the first half. My fear though is the offense not doing anything and Ohio State wearing us down. Its simple the offense has to limit its 3 and outs. Lets hope Barkley plays, if not could be a long night.

Trying to be unbiased:

OSU 34.......PSU 17

But there is so much that "could" happen either way, that any guesstimates could be off by a mile.

Best case scenario.....
PSU plays some good red zone defense and holds OSU to 23ish
PSU generates some chunk plays on offense, and the ST don't have any SNAFUs, and PSU generates 27ish

So........"smiley face" prediction = PSU 27 OSU 23.

Semi-pros (everyone kills man, party, chicks and tats): 34
Student Athletes: 17
Zebras who always show up for this one (shut up, you are lucky to be playing): 7

but close for three quarters

Be in Columbus. 1st time, can't wait. PSU D keeps it close. But would need turnovers, a big game from Barkley (if playing) and a Hack 270+ game to pull this one out. I'll be rooting for it but my mind says OSU by 10.

I have been saying we're going to lose and get blown out in the process, but I really don't believe that. What I do believe is Penn State wins 24-21.

Going to come down to defense and special teams. D line has to play out of their mind, getting pressure on Jones and JT and HOLDING ONTO THEM until they get to the ground. Same with Elliot. Easier said than done though. IF we can stop them and they punt, Thompkins has to turn into Derrick Williams and give us some field position. I think that happens and we pull the upset, low scoring...23-20. It's week 7 and the optimism hasn't killed me....yet

Reactions: fairgambit
anigif_enhanced-buzz-29226-1405575345-8.gif

Reactions: stneumann83
Every time we play a top 10 team, I get excited and let my blue and white glasses skew reality. My heart says if Barkley is back, the opening up of the playbook, and if the defense remains solid, we could have a great shot to win this. However my mind is telling me we lose this game because of so many reasons. It's a number one team, at their home, who holds the longest winning streak in the country and our O-line. I believe OSU looses this season... I just don't think it will be to us. Hope they prove me wrong. OSU 27-14

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT