ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Overhyped this year?

Worst case scenario,...10-2
I just hope you don't sneak into the playoffs and embarrass the conference again - man was that painful to watch the ass kicking Clemson gave OSU and if you think for 1 second PSU would not have scored on Clemson you are the typical OSU fan who probable didn't even go to school there - see you in the Shoe.

I just hope you don't sneak into the playoffs and embarrass the conference again - man was that painful to watch the ass kicking Clemson gave OSU and if you think for 1 second PSU would not have scored on Clemson you are the typical OSU fan who probable didn't even go to school there - see you in the Shoe.

Congrats on only having three losses last year. PSU's best since 2010. JT Barrett will finish 3-1 vs. PSU.

you need help

I need help? LMFAO dip$hit, could we have some more of your completely unsupported opinions about how great duhO$U is that are more relevant than ACTUAL OBJECTIVE ON-FIELD RESULTS??? LMFAO, but this is "sophisticated reasoning" from the guy who claims other's "need help" - LMFAO, typical slack-jaw, duhO$U, "traditional b1g $hithole" moron-fan that doesn't even realize how dumb they sound continually spouting and regurgitating their homer "duhO$U is the greatest because.....well just because they are" nauseating drivel.

Really. i think I am into this conversation for 4 sentences. I simply asked why you are so defensive about your A+ football team.

I wouldn't call a team with so many question marks throwing the ball A+. Everything else will be fine though.

But does the Pope shit in the woods?
More philosophical minds than mine have tackled and failed to answer that question. My hunch is the current Pope - a true man of the people from the humblest of beginnings - has indeed, but I honestly have no way of proving it.

Disagree. They are loaded with talent. Barrett should improve under their new O, Kevin Wilson (foremally HC @ Indiana). Their front seven on D are stout and fast. They always have talent in the secondary. Three losses? It would take an implosion or a few major injuries for 3 losses.
I totally agree with this. OSU was the youngest team in the country last year. Wilson will make a tremendous difference. Barrett, while not having the best timing and intermediate passing game, has a very strong arm. When healthy he is a superb athlete and runner. He can easily step up and throw the long ball. OSU has a host of 4 star receivers waiting in the wings. Wilson's offenses throw the long ball frequently keeping safeties out of the box just as Moorehead does, giving Barrett gaps and running room. To beat OSU at Columbus, we will need to play a great, great game. I think you will see a jump in OSU's offense over last year similar to what we are experiencing with Moorehead. You will see OSU throw long on a lot of early downs because Barrett is such a threat to run. That said, I believe if any Big 10 East team can beat OSU, its us. I think our offense matches up better than Michigan's even with their stock piled talent. This will be a great test for our secondary as well as our front 7. If we can shorten the field with improvements in our punt and kick return games, I like our chances.

Lol you're bragging about JT Barrett going 2-1 against Penn State when Penn State had to deal with sanctions for awhile. Barrett has been regressing every year not so easy when you don't have Hyde/Elliott with a excellent offensive line. Offensive line was shaky last year and they lost their best offensive lineman

When you're starting freshman in secondary against Penn State/Oklahomas of the world it's not going to be a walk in the park. Penn State o line will be really good and don't forget about Mcsorely/Barkley/Gesicki with a ton of other options

Speaking of Ohio State, does anyone else remember this play?

I was there that night. Two points:

1) Watch Maybin get tackled from behind as he's closing in on Pryor. No flag. Do I even have to say it? Was the same thing all night.

2) After the Sargent interception, Penn State ran a play. A kneel down. After the whistle, the Refs decide they are going to go back and look at the replay of the interception. They wipe the kneel down play off the board. Never seen that done before.

Reactions: Option Bob
Congrats on only having three losses last year. PSU's best since 2010. JT Barrett will finish 3-1 vs. PSU.

Too funny, so what's that say about duhO$U last year who not only lost to PSU in their B1G regular season game, but also finished behind B1G East Division and B1G Conference Champion PSU in the B1G East Division? Also laughable how you count 2014's b1g officials "cheat fest" as a legit win - the reality is that JT Barrett and Urbs for that matter are really 1-2 against Coach Franklin & PSU and everyone outside of homer-ville knows it! LMFAO at your supposed "brilliance" being your incredible ability to ignore objective facts in favor of your own biased worthless opinion - interesting how that works.....

Lol you're bragging about JT Barrett going 2-1 against Penn State when Penn State had to deal with sanctions for awhile. Barrett has been regressing every year not so easy when you don't have Hyde/Elliott with a excellent offensive line. Offensive line was shaky last year and they lost their best offensive lineman

When you're starting freshman in secondary against Penn State/Oklahomas of the world it's not going to be a walk in the park. Penn State o line will be really good and don't forget about Mcsorely/Barkley/Gesicki with a ton of other options
I don't think OSU will be starting freshman in the backfield, although there has been some speculation following spring ball that Jeffrey Okudah could be in the rotation. Denzel Ward is a Junior and was generally viewed as the #3 CB last year. Arnette is the other likely starter at CB and he's a redshirt sophomore. Kendall Sheffield is a JC transfer who was a 5* recruit at Alabama and went the JC route when he was listed as the backup going into his second year with the Tide. He has some experience and reportedly is expected to push the 2 starters early.

At safety, Damon Webb is a returning starter as a senior, but the other safety spot seems to be a bit up for grabs right now. Nevertheless, the 2 starters for the spring game were a senior and a redshirt sophomore.
All that said, those guys still have to step up and perform as a unit (weakest link and all that). I think the real question for this season for OSU is whether the offense can get on track. That will require better oline play and at least one or better yet two receivers to separate themselves and become go-to options for Barrett. That's the fascinating and frustrating thing about college football...every season is different!!

They are NOT overhyped. They are a minor-league program that feeds the NFL. They SHOULD be good every year.
Is Kentucky BB overhyped with the one and done every year??
It is just a corrupt $$$$$ system that cares little about the future of most of these kids.
I DO NOT fault these kids.

I think not but I guess that's all you have to run with.. JT is not that good of a QB and we will see if Wilson can make him better - Pryor had more skills and he was not that good. It seems unless you play for a top team you don't even get on the radar - but that's College FB.

They are NOT overhyped. They are a minor-league program that feeds the NFL. They SHOULD be good every year.
Is Kentucky BB overhyped with the one and done every year??
It is just a corrupt $$$$$ system that cares little about the future of most of these kids.
I DO NOT fault these kids.

Really, duhO$U wasn't massively over-rated last year? I'm afraid the OBJECTIVE actual ON FIELD RESULTS say you are quite wrong. As the saying goes, actual results speak louder than biased, self-serving, homer words (i.e., "opinions"). How come duhO$U lost their own Conference Division ON THE FIELD OF PLAY if they were the best team in their Division? How come duhO$U didn't even qualify to play in the B1G Conference Championship Playoff Game matching the B1G East Division Champion versus the B1G West Division Champion? How come duhO$U got obliterated 31-0 in the "Bc$ 4-Team Invitational Tournament" prompting every credible analyst in the country to say they had no business being anywhere near this tournament as they weren't even a Conference Champion, let alone one of the 4 best Conference Champions in the Country?

Given that last year's PROVEN over-rated duhO$U's team was BETTER on paper coming into the season, than this year's similarly pre-season ranked duhO$U team, it's a little silly to say they aren't "over-rated" as they are more "over-rated" than last year's PROVEN over-rated duhO$U team.

Really, duhO$U wasn't massively over-rated last year? I'm afraid the OBJECTIVE actual ON FIELD RESULTS say you are quite wrong. As the saying goes, actual results speak louder than biased, self-serving, homer words (i.e., "opinions"). How come duhO$U lost their own Conference Division ON THE FIELD OF PLAY if they were the best team in their Division? How come duhO$U didn't even qualify to play in the B1G Conference Championship Playoff Game matching the B1G East Division Champion versus the B1G West Division Champion? How come duhO$U got obliterated 31-0 in the "Bc$ 4-Team Invitational Tournament" prompting every credible analyst in the country to say they had no business being anywhere near this tournament as they weren't even a Conference Champion, let alone one of the 4 best Conference Champions in the Country?

Given that last year's PROVEN over-rated duhO$U's team was BETTER on paper coming into the season, than this year's similarly pre-season ranked duhO$U team, it's a little silly to say they aren't "over-rated" as they are more "over-rated" than last year's PROVEN over-rated duhO$U team.

OK, I'll play - Hyped or Over-Hyped refers to an OPINION not the actual results. See "PSU" for the opposite opinion last year.
Actually Alabama NOT winning the MNC is another example. THINK man THINK !!!!

Your list was incomplete. FIFY. (The misspelling - "cuhnt" - was intentional. Otherwise,.it would have appeared as four asterisks.)

Ohio State...overhyped.
Pope...Catholic.
Bear...shits in the woods.
Pig's Pussy....Pork
Chicken's Cuhnt....Fowl

Yep, everything checks out.

OK, I'll play - Hyped or Over-Hyped refers to an OPINION not the actual results. See "PSU" for the opposite opinion last year.
Actually Alabama NOT winning the MNC is another example. THINK man THINK !!!!

Oh okay, whatever you say genius, yea duhO$U not even winning their Conference Division, let alone being an "also ran" relative to a B1G Conference Championship, was not "Underperforming" preseason prognostications? I won't even go into being utterly non-competitive in getting utterly shellacked by Clemson.... If you say so, Mr. "think" man "think". BTW genius, last year's actual OBJECTIVE ON-FIELD RESULTS clearly demonstrate that duhO$U was unquestionably over-rated and over-hyped last year - they weren't even remotely close to being one of the absolute best teams in the nation! Again, last year's team was BETTER on-paper than this year's duhO$U team which is similarly "preseason ranked" to last year's....IOW, they're even more OVER-RATED and OVER-HYPED than last year's PROVEN over-rated team....."think man, think! (i.e., use that thing you have with ears for something more than a hat-rack!).

BTW, it is inane to claim that an OBJECTIVE EVALUATION of the information doesn't suggest PSU is the favorite to repeat given:
  • PSU is the returning B1G East Conference Champions
  • PSU is the returning B1G Conference Champion
  • PSU returns more starting talent than any other team in the Conference (and by a wide margin)
  • PSU returns more 2-Deep talent than any other team in the Conference
  • The B1G East Division Champion has won the each of the last 4 Consecutive B1G Conference Championship Games
  • PSU is projected to be even better this year than they were last year as evidenced by "preseason rankings" - PSU was unranked last year and still won BOTH the B1G East Division Championship ON THE FIELD OF PLAY and the B1G Championship ON THE FIELD OF PLAY; this year they are ranked by everyone as one of the best teams in the nation and a National Title Contender, let alone a B1G Title Contender.
Those would all be little 'ole things known as OBJECTIVE FACTS in support of my conclusions, which is still an "opinion" because it is attempting to predict the future, but it is a heavily SUPPORTED OPINION in regards to the factual objective information available, not a wholly unsupported exclusively "emotion-based" opinion (often termed "biased" opinion which conflicts with the known available QUANTIFIABLE objective information). THINK man THINK !!!!

Let me first make an overture to OSU as to why I don’t think the Buckeyes are over-rated:

1. Urban Meyer is, IMO, the single best football coach in the country, even over Saban and Swinney. His accomplishments at BG, Utah, UF, and OSU provide my evidence.

2. Buckeye recruiting is on a par with only Alabama. Meyer has done what Pete Carroll did for years at USC: sign players who are in the national top 10 at their positions. OSU is always top 5, and 2017 was #1 in Phil Steele’s magazine, with 20 of his 21 recruits VHTs.

3. Aside from that lone losing season after the “Tressel scandal,” :oops: OSU wins in double digits consistently. Under Meyer, in might take 3 years to lose a total of 3 games.

However, all those superstars don’t guarantee wins. CFB is still played by young men who are influenced by passion, emotion, “grit.” What has Penn State to compete with the Buckeyes?

1. James Franklin is an outstanding head coach who, I believe, will soon be universally recognized with Meyer, Saban, etc. I honestly wouldn’t trade Franklin for any other coach because James just flat out “gets it” when it comes to Penn State football. He genuinely does try to focus on recruiting solid character alongside superb athleticism. I’m not disparaging any OSU recruit, but I do think it is fair to admit that PSU traditionally has held intrinsic qualities to be as critical as extrinsic talent. Has it been 100% effective? Of course not, but both Joe and James have made efforts to recruit such athletes. I am totally happy with Franklin as our HC.

2. While I salute Meyer’s incredible classes, I don’t believe the gap in talent is actually as wide as recruiting rankings might indicate. The difference between the #1 and #19 player might not be as meaningful as it appears. There are simply hundreds of examples of the “can’t miss” recruit being outplayed and more nationally acclaimed by a 3- or 4-star (or, as in the case of Mr. Nassib) by a walk-on. Penn State’s talent, in a magazine, might appear inferior to OSU’s, but as we have seen, on the field, that difference might be negligible.

3. I truly marvel at Meyer’s record. He took on Saban’s Alabama team with a 3rd-string QB and won the NC. Nonetheless, James Franklin is quietly building the same aura around the Penn State program. But for a dropped pass and a missed 1st down conversion, PSU is 13-1 last year. There is more depth now to prevent what happened in Ann Arbor from recurring. John O’Neill aside, Penn State now possesses the talent, depth, and desire to become a perennial 10+ -win program.

I truly believe Penn State football is becoming a force once again. I’ll also give OSU credit for its amazing consistency and for showing no signs of ever slipping away (on 1 of Judge’s posts, OSU 2018 recruits averaged 4.0 – stars, not GPA) ;). Buckeyes can come over here to gloat and brag, but soon they will have to acknowledge that their “non-rival” Nittany Lions are growing their claws.

Reactions: Mudge1026
Speaking of Ohio State, does anyone else remember this play?

I was there that night. Two points:

1) Watch Maybin get tackled from behind as he's closing in on Pryor. No flag. Do I even have to say it? Was the same thing all night.

2) After the Sargent interception, Penn State ran a play. A kneel down. After the whistle, the Refs decide they are going to go back and look at the replay of the interception. They wipe the kneel down play off the board. Never seen that done before.
When PSU and OSU play you see a lot of things you never saw before from the ref's- all for the side of the Bucknuts. I could list a bunch but it is getting old.

Last edited:
When PSU and OSU play you see a lot of things you never saw before from the ref's- all for the side of Bucknuts. I could list a bunch but it is getting old.

Been that way since 1993.... who could forget Ben Hartsock's "catch" for duhO$U that literally bouced several feet off the ground before he caught it, but some things never change as this picture for 2014 PSU-duhO$U that was ruled a catch by duhO$U player deep in PSU territory and led to a duhO$U TD demonstrates:

4894264.PNG

Here is another good one from 2014 which nullified a PSU onside kick against scUM when we were within one score on an "offsides" penalty!!!
4975742.JPG

Why is this even a subject? When OSU doesn't get double digit wins each year under Urban, then I will worry about whether or not they are overhyped to start a season.

That being said, Penn State beat them last year and returns more impact players from that game than they do. They return tons of 5 star guys, but a lot are still unproven.

1) The loss to us - which was NOT a fluke. They were outplayed and couldn't do crap in terms of moving the ball consistently.
Outplayed? OSU outgained PSU in that game last year, and led most of the game until it fell apart in the 4th quarter. JT Barrett even outperformed McSorely. Penn State had 2 weeks to prepare for that game, while OSU had to travel to Wisconsin the week prior and play a tough night game there. That's a huge advantage for PSU. The same offensive inconsistencies that plagued OSU last year are not going to repeat themselves this year. They aren't young anymore, they have lots of experience. They massively upgraded the coaching staff and are getting back to up tempo. Penn State hasn't beaten OSU in back to back years in almost 40 years... I don't expect that'll happen this year.

Been that way since 1993.... who could forget Ben Hartsock's "catch" for duhO$U that literally bouced several feet off the ground before he caught it, but some things never change as this picture for 2014 PSU-duhO$U that was ruled a catch by duhO$U player deep in PSU territory and led to a duhO$U TD demonstrates:

4894264.PNG

Here is another good one from 2014 which nullified a PSU onside kick against scUM when we were within one score on an "offsides" penalty!!!
4975742.JPG
I remember the argument from Michigan, to attempt to justify that call. Something about parallax view on this screen shot. But looking at it, and going by the book, the back leg is on the 18, front leg on the 19, and the body perhaps a half yard ahead of that, and no part of the body breaks the plane of the 20 before or during contact with the ball by the kicker. It was a poor call. None of that means PSU scores with it's mismatched offense that year, but it deserved a chance to do so.

Outplayed? OSU outgained PSU in that game last year, and led most of the game until it fell apart in the 4th quarter. JT Barrett even outperformed McSorely. Penn State had 2 weeks to prepare for that game, while OSU had to travel to Wisconsin the week prior and play a tough night game there. That's a huge advantage for PSU. The same offensive inconsistencies that plagued OSU last year are not going to repeat themselves this year. They aren't young anymore, they have lots of experience. They massively upgraded the coaching staff and are getting back to up tempo. Penn State hasn't beaten OSU in back to back years in almost 40 years... I don't expect that'll happen this year.

Actually, yes, outplayed. Ohio State did not score in the final 24 minutes of the game. Kevin Wilson is not a "massive upgrade" in terms of passing game scheme or innovation. He may upgrade the running game.

Reactions: maxxedout

Decribe the "lots of experience" your wide receivers have. Thanks.

The writers are handing it to Ohio State. 34 votes to 7 for PSU. Looks like we are flying under the radar again. So much for that "Now Penn State is the target" thing, eh? 34 to 7? I'd say the 34 is the "target".

You really think we'll get "caught by Michigan?" I guarantee you that game has been circled for a year now.
No.....as long as there is no peaking. I felt good at the end of last year the way the Rose Bowl ended but we're back on the hype train. There is no more hyped player this year than Barkley, hell the whole offense is getting national love. I just hope it doesn't go to their heads.

I need help? LMFAO dip$hit, could we have some more of your completely unsupported opinions about how great duhO$U is that are more relevant than ACTUAL OBJECTIVE ON-FIELD RESULTS??? LMFAO, but this is "sophisticated reasoning" from the guy who claims other's "need help" - LMFAO, typical slack-jaw, duhO$U, "traditional b1g $hithole" moron-fan that doesn't even realize how dumb they sound continually spouting and regurgitating their homer "duhO$U is the greatest because.....well just because they are" nauseating drivel.

Slow down. Breathe. Use fewer caps, maybe.

Oh okay, whatever you say genius, yea duhO$U not even winning their Conference Division, let alone being an "also ran" relative to a B1G Conference Championship, was not "Underperforming" preseason prognostications? I won't even go into being utterly non-competitive in getting utterly shellacked by Clemson.... If you say so, Mr. "think" man "think". BTW genius, last year's actual OBJECTIVE ON-FIELD RESULTS clearly demonstrate that duhO$U was unquestionably over-rated and over-hyped last year - they weren't even remotely close to being one of the absolute best teams in the nation! Again, last year's team was BETTER on-paper than this year's duhO$U team which is similarly "preseason ranked" to last year's....IOW, they're even more OVER-RATED and OVER-HYPED than last year's PROVEN over-rated team....."think man, think! (i.e., use that thing you have with ears for something more than a hat-rack!).

BTW, it is inane to claim that an OBJECTIVE EVALUATION of the information doesn't suggest PSU is the favorite to repeat given:
  • PSU is the returning B1G East Conference Champions
  • PSU is the returning B1G Conference Champion
  • PSU returns more starting talent than any other team in the Conference (and by a wide margin)
  • PSU returns more 2-Deep talent than any other team in the Conference
  • The B1G East Division Champion has won the each of the last 4 Consecutive B1G Conference Championship Games
  • PSU is projected to be even better this year than they were last year as evidenced by "preseason rankings" - PSU was unranked last year and still won BOTH the B1G East Division Championship ON THE FIELD OF PLAY and the B1G Championship ON THE FIELD OF PLAY; this year they are ranked by everyone as one of the best teams in the nation and a National Title Contender, let alone a B1G Title Contender.
Those would all be little 'ole things known as OBJECTIVE FACTS in support of my conclusions, which is still an "opinion" because it is attempting to predict the future, but it is a heavily SUPPORTED OPINION in regards to the factual objective information available, not a wholly unsupported exclusively "emotion-based" opinion (often termed "biased" opinion which conflicts with the known available QUANTIFIABLE objective information). THINK man THINK !!!!
You're wearing me out, Bushwood. Less than 1 complete thread, and I already feel nauseous reading your rants. For God's sake, man, take your meds. And if you're already taking them, take more.

O$U finished 1st or tied 1st in the B1G East division each of the last 5 years. They finished 1st or tied for 1st in in the B1G 6 of the 7 years prior to division play.

They're usually a pretty safe bet.

O$U finished 1st or tied 1st in the B1G East division each of the last 5 years. They finished 1st or tied for 1st in in the B1G 6 of the 7 years prior to division play.

They're usually a pretty safe bet.

Too funny, the B1G Ten has an algorithm for determining Division Champions based on round-robin play within each Division - there is only one "Division Champion" awarded by the B1G each year based on B1G Regular Season Play.....only one TROPHY is given recognizing the "B1G East Division Champion" based on the B1G's formula which is established and publicized prior to the start of season play. You're utterly full of $hit AS A MATTER OF FACT that duhO$U finished tied for 1st and was a "Co-Champion" of the B1G East Division last year as this Official Trophy awarded by the B1G demonstrates:

maxresdefault.jpg

There was only 1 team that finished "1st" and was awarded the "B1G East Division Champion" title by B1G Rules - duhO$U was officially determined to have finished 2nd under B1G Rules for determining Division Standings due to the FACT that they LOST their head-to-head game with PSU.

But nice try at attempting to "change" the actual facts to your bull$hit claims LMFAO!

BTW, how would a conclusion based on an analysis of ACTUAL OBJECTIVE FACTS regarding the ACTUAL teams playing in 2017 render a conclusion other than PSU given:
  • PSU FACTUALLY won the B1G East Division Title last year and is the FACTUAL defending 2016 B1G East Division and B1G Conference Champions - not duhO$U contrary to your continued MADE-UP bull$hit!
  • PSU is returning far more "starting talent" and more overall 2-Deep talent from their 2016 B1G East Division and B1G Conference Champion teams than duhO$U's "also ran" team in both categories. IOW, duhO$U finished 2nd, and lost their reg season game, to virtually this same PSU team last year in the B1G East Division Play (and didn't even qualify for the B1G Championship) and last year's duhO$U team was far better on-paper coming into the season than this year's 2017 duhO$U team!
The ACTUAL OBJECTIVE KNOWN FACTS regarding PSU's and duhO$U's 2017 teams points to the duhO$U team being clearly "over-rated" nimrod.

Urban Meyer is considered an offensive guru, yet we are afraid of a guy being hired because he got a pulse out of an overshadowed football team at a basketball school?

Meyer is the key to the offense. Always has been. Much like when we had to finish out the Hackenberg years, the Buckeyes are having to finish out the Barrett years primarily because he played so awesome as a freshman. Granted, he's still playing good enough football to put up gaudy stats and win all but two games last year. However, the grass is always greener. The backup is always better.

The writers are handing it to Ohio State. 34 votes to 7 for PSU. Looks like we are flying under the radar again. So much for that "Now Penn State is the target" thing, eh? 34 to 7? I'd say the 34 is the "target".
Ohio State is and always will be everyones biggest game of the year. We're used to being the hunted

Just browsed through the Phil Steele mag again, and he predicts Ohio State to be #1 in the nation in total defense this year. I don't follow closely enough to even know how that whole process works, but I am guessing the premise is, Ohio State has so much talent on defense, that the talent level overcomes the experience. While this is certainly possible, I am wondering out loud how often this is actually the case. Alabama seems to replace every year, so it would appear that the experts see Ohio State in the same light as Alabama.

Going simply on the off season activity of Meyer, however, it would appear his concern is on offense. He hired Wilson to run the offense, and his offense declined from the second half of last year, all the way to the finish.

I understand they have all the talent in the world, second only to Alabama, most likely, but it's difficult to surmise that losing all of those players from their back seven, won't affect them somehow. We'll see, perhaps they just reload and they go all the way with their defense, even though they have so little seasoning back there. The front four looks to be one of the best units in the nation, that's probably not up for debate.

We forget that that was the case last year. At Ohio State, many of the players go pro after starting for only one year especially on defense. I expect them to have a great defense again. When I don't see, is how much better they are going to get offensively. I know they have Wilson as the coordinator, but they have the same quarterback, receivers etc. Maybe there line will be better and that will help I don't know.

Even if they do improve however, I think we are going to be better on both sides of the ball

Reactions: Mudge1026
see you in the Shoe.
Be careful what you ask for.[/QUOTE]

See you in the daytime in the shoe. Might matter, might not, we will see. First, you have to get by Oklahoma, and we have to get by Michigan and Northwestern. More than one game in a season.

If Barrett fails, will Burrow be bypassed by Haskins? My guess is, yes. If Meyer loses even one game before the Penn State game, I'm betting we see Haskins.

Why would Barrett improve in throwing the ball under Wilson? Because of Lagow? Was Lagow's success part and parcel of Wilson? When I watched Lagow, I see a great arm. I didn't equate his success to the Wilson system. In fact, Wilson is the basic innovator of the read option, correct? From the Zac Kustoc days at NW in the early 2000's? Is Wilson connected to any innovation in passing? From this angle, Ohio State's current problem is throwing the football. Yes, I see Wilson improving their running game, maybe, but passing? Hey, maybe stats say otherwise, I don't really know.

It's a very good question about Barrett. He's certainly not an accurate passer, but he's strong, a physical runner, runs option and makes good decisions. I just think Ohio State is poised to be much better offensively because their OL and wideouts were young and not all that good last year. That won't be the case this year. Plus of course adding some proven great offensive coaching and play calling.

Plus the embarrassment of getting shut out in their bowl. That was incredibly embarrassing for an Ohio State team and the whole offense will be working hard to put that behind them.. Of all the teams in the B1G Ohio State will have a bounce back this year.

ADVERTISEMENT