ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State over Pitt

RoarLions1

May 11, 2012
Results, one bout to go …

Kollin Moore (Ohio State) over Kellan Stout (Pittsburgh) (MD 12-3)
Chase Singletary (Ohio State) over Demetrius Thomas (Pittsburgh) (Dec 8-3)
Malik Heinselman (Ohio State) over Louis Newell (Pittsburgh) (Dec 12-7)
Mickey Phillipi over Dylan Koontz (Ohio State) (Dec 4-2)
Luke Pletcher (Ohio State) over Cole Matthews (Pittsburgh) (MD 23-9)
Sammy Sasso (Ohio State) over Luke Kemerer (Pittsburgh) (Fall 5:25)
Taleb Rahmani (Pittsburgh) over Elijah Cleary (Ohio State) (Dec 6-1)
Jake Wentzell over Ethan Smith (Ohio State) (Dec 3-2)
Kaleb Romero (Ohio State) over Gregg Harvey (Pittsburgh) (Dec 7-2)
Nino Bonaccorsi (Pittsburgh) vs. Gavin Hoffman (Ohio State)
Team Score:
9-23

Montoursville boy should have gone to Penn State.

Surprised by Singletary over Thomas by a comfortable margin. Last year Thomas beat Seth :-(

Watched Thomas last week against Heino (sp?) from Campbell and he looked very good. Thomas is quick and stronger than he looks and got the first takedown today. Singletary adjusted and was clearly the better wrestler and easily controlled the the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Yes, Thomas did beat Seth last year, but it was in OT in Seth’s first tournament as a Greyshirt...dude never lost again (going 16-1 on the season) and then went on to beat Hemida after that too. Just thought I’d add to your story...
RiqxKXr.jpg

I love the reference, good stuff!

I just felt like popping off because I feel like Seth gets kinda short changed when it comes to our stud greyshirts from a year ago and it’s not really warranted...I think it’s because of Cassiopi taking it to him in freestyle and the recent shiny objects around that seemed to be at least a possibility for PSU to get - Amos, Ferrari, Kerk.

If you compare the college stats of last years greyshirts - it’s Seth that seemed to accomplish the most thus far in his college run...now I know that Brooks has been the man on the world stage already and his one loss last year was when he was fighting some kind of pretty bad illness, but still check this out -

Joe Lee 2-1 (18-19) / 4-0 (19-20)
Only loss was to Romero (Ohio St) ranked #51 by wrestlestat
Best win was over (Bartolo) Clarion ranked #67 by wrestlestat

Aaron Brooks 6-1 (18-19)
Only loss was to Cristensen (Wisconsin) ranked #21 by wrestlestat who went 1-2 at NCAAs and was a 4x qualifier
Best win was over Harvey (Army) rankled #13 by wrestlestat and went 2-2 @ NCAAs

Michael Beard 12-0 (18-19) / 2-1 (19-20)
Only loss was to Bulsak (Clarion) ranked #22 by wrestlestat
Best win was over Weiler (Lehigh) ranked #15 by wrestlestat OR over Bulsak (Clarion) the year before losing to him - he was an NCAA qualifier

Seth Nevills 16-1 (18-19)
Only loss was to Thomas (Pitt) who went 1-2 @ NCAAs last year
Best win was over Hemida (Maryland) ranked #8 by wrestlestat and was an AA

Just giving credit where credit is due...Seth had a pretty awesome greyshirt year and then stayed fairly active with freestyle too.

Overall though - It’ll sure be FUN to watch all of these guys (along with Starocci who is off to a great start of his own!) compete for us possibly for 4 years all in the lineup together!

Ok, I’m done with my rant

I just felt like popping off because I feel like Seth gets kinda short changed when it comes to our stud greyshirts from a year ago and it’s not really warranted...I think it’s because of Cassiopi taking it to him in freestyle and the recent shiny objects around that seemed to be at least a possibility for PSU to get - Amos, Ferrari, Kerk.

If you compare the college stats of last years greyshirts - it’s Seth that seemed to accomplish the most thus far in his college run...now I know that Brooks has been the man on the world stage already and his one loss last year was when he was fighting some kind of pretty bad illness, but still check this out -

Aaron Brooks 6-1 (18-19)
Only loss was to Cristensen (Wisconsin) ranked #21 by wrestlestat who went 1-2 at NCAAs and was a 4x qualifier

Best win was over Weiler (Lehigh) ranked #15 by wrestlestat OR over Bulsak (Clarion) the year before losing to him - he was an NCAA qualifier

Just giving credit where credit is due...Seth had a pretty awesome greyshirt year and then stayed fairly active with freestyle too.

Overall though - It’ll sure be FUN to watch all of these guys (along with Starocci who is off to a great start of his own!) compete for us possibly for 4 years all in the lineup together!

Seth will be very good for us and pin a lot of dudes. I agree that he’s been getting overlooked

Aaron Brooks 6-1 (18-19)

I am going to say this and then just let it go.
When kids come in for a visit they spend some time rolling around with guys who are in the room. The staff gets a feel for a kid's toughness, and the prospect gets an idea of what awaits him in that room.
Those big, shiny objects were all rolling around the Lorenzo mats with the guys in the room. After each visit there was no sense of urgency to make sure one stayed and none seemed interested in staying.

Just saying, for what it is worth.

ADVERTISEMENT