ADVERTISEMENT

OH NO!!! Not Charlie Rose too

How many of these accused have been found guilty? Oh wait, none have?
I have no idea if some of these guys are guilty or not, but when this #MeToo campaign started I expected a flood of allegations (some justified and some fabrications). Either way, all are now guilty in the trendy court of public opinion.

Is this never gonna stop !

Hopefully not until all the guilty luminaries in the media, government, and entertainment industry are exposed as the hypocritical pigs and predators they are. The list of culprits is obviously long. The list of those who actively enabled them is even longer. And the list of those who knowingly looked the other way is longest of all. It’s a very depressing commentary on the scummy dishonesty of this country’s Ruling Class in the Year of Our Lord 2017.

Even growing up pre-teen, teen in the sixties you would hear the phrase couch casting, with a i get it mentality, but why not put an end to it back then.
I'm talking about getting ahead in the industry particularly the media. Vulnerability goes back a long way, along with the sleazy people who have a choke hold on their lives.

Reactions: step.eng69
Please.....I’m not defending Rose (or any of the growing list of the accused).

But what in the hell is going on with all these women apparently waiting around in a hotel room or hanging around his house, waiting for him to take a shower?

I just don’t understand it.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Please.....I’m not defending Rose (or any of the growing list of the accused).

But what in the hell is going on with all these women apparently waiting around in a hotel room or hanging around his house, waiting for him to take a shower?

I just don’t understand it.
Next you are going to tell me a sanctimonious tool like Mike Tirico is guilty of harassment......

Reactions: john4psu
The comment from his assistant that in hindsight she should have protected the women sounds familiar, but from someone with much closer knowledge of the situation than where I last heard it. Not sure how much Rose is worth, but wonder if lawsuits will follow.

Hopefully not until all the guilty luminaries in the media, government, and entertainment industry are exposed as the hypocritical pigs and predators they are. The list of culprits is obviously long. The list of those who actively enabled them is even longer. And the list of those who knowingly looked the other way is longest of all. It’s a very depressing commentary on the scummy dishonesty of this country’s Ruling Class in the Year of Our Lord 2017.
Free will - huge mistake. Someone needs to be accountable for what free will unleashed. Six days. It’s always a mistake to try to do too much at one time.

This behavior isn’t exclusive to well known people. For instance, there’s signs of it at the Test Board.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Well, I now choose to live my life as a gay man.... So there.

nintchdbpict000065477886.jpg

Reactions: Zenophile
The sad fact is that women and some men are subjected to drunken groping, sexual harassment, sexual discrimination, and domestic violence throughout society. It’s just now that attention is being brought to bear against celebrities and politicians, but it happens everywhere - in workplaces, on campuses, in bars, and in every type of environment you can think of. It’s a basic human rights problem. And in some countries it goes way beyond the episodes reported recently in Western cultures such as genital mutilation. Hopefully all this publicity and the likelihood of the prosecution of the harassers will be a wake up call and help to move the needle a little bit towards more respectful behavior by everyone. But the problem appears so pervasive I am not optimistic.

The sad fact is that women and some men are subjected to drunken groping, sexual harassment, sexual discrimination, and domestic violence throughout society. It’s just now that attention is being brought to bear against celebrities and politicians, but it happens everywhere - in workplaces, on campuses, in bars, and in every type of environment you can think of. It’s a basic human rights problem. And in some countries it goes way beyond the episodes reported recently in Western cultures such as genital mutilation. Hopefully all this publicity and the likelihood of the prosecution of the harassers will be a wake up call and help to move the needle a little bit towards more respectful behavior by everyone. But the problem appears so pervasive I am not optimistic.

I'm optimistic. I went to work for a company in 1980 that made it very clear that a workplace free of harassment was a core value. Was it forever harassment free? Of course not but every situation reported was dealt with quickly and fairly. Lots of training, and zero tolerance. It works

I'm optimistic. I went to work for a company in 1980 that made it very clear that a workplace free of harassment was a core value. Was it forever harassment free? Of course not but every situation reported was dealt with quickly and fairly. Lots of training, and zero tolerance. It works
That's good, and I seemingly work in a place with similar values, but thinking of all the people who have had to endure this sort of shit is depressing.

Reactions: Lion Lineage
Look at the industries it is coming out...Hollywood, politicians, and media. All positions where 'knowing' the right person is how you get into the business and work your way to the top. Much less about talent and way more about who you know. So these people are in a position of power that basically they can say 'do this, and I will get you a promotion'.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Even growing up pre-teen, teen in the sixties you would hear the phrase couch casting, with a i get it mentality, but why not put an end to it back then.
I'm talking about getting ahead in the industry particularly the media. Vulnerability goes back a long way, along with the sleazy people who have a choke hold on their lives.
YEP, I remember clearly......the couch audition

Look at the industries it is coming out...Hollywood, politicians, and media. All positions where 'knowing' the right person is how you get into the business and work your way to the top. Much less about talent and way more about who you know. So these people are in a position of power that basically they can say 'do this, and I will get you a promotion'.
Where does tech fit in then? Or academe? It's my take that we're reading about issues in entertainment, politics, and the media because they're more visible. I think the problem is much more ubiquitous than we'd like to think. Every profession has individuals who have power over others and therin lies the heart of the problem.

Where does tech fit in then? Or academe? It's my take that we're reading about issues in entertainment, politics, and the media because they're more visible. I think the problem is much more ubiquitous than we'd like to think. Every profession has individuals who have power over others and therin lies the heart of the problem.
YEP....spot on Lion Jim

You're right and it goes right down to the McDonald's shift manager telling the pretty girl flipping burgers that she can work the register if she does what he wants her to

Reactions: Nitwit
What is interesting about the people being exposed is that they are in the media, entertainment and politics. Basically the same group of people that likes to tell us common folks how we should live and what is acceptable behavior, the so called moral compasses. I have no doubt that this stuff goes on in every facet of society (people are people).

Seeing the hypocrisy exposed and then the idiots that try to defend them makes for good entertainment. They keep digging a bigger hole.

I'm disappointed in what lurks behind the Charlie Rose persona.
According to some of the accuser's claims, it does seem that Charlie is also a closet exhibitionist needs attention from females.....

Not to be amusing, but I do see Charlie Rose similar to the following caricature

trench-clipart-Flasher.gif

As various people here rightly note, scumbags using positions of power to take sexual advantage is not exactly a new thing.

But now it comes out – surprise, surprise! – that such scummy behavior was (and is) commonplace within the enlightened “feminist” precincts of the media and government and entertainment industry, that the perpetrators or those who enabled them are some of the same people who’ve taken it upon themselves to give moral instruction to the unenlightened masses in the heartland, that they’re the same people who’ve often worked themselves into a froth condemning lesser wrongs than they themselves have been committing or enabling. It is to gag.

Moreover, an awful lot of people who are (finally) calling out and condemning the scumbags are doing so only because it’s now fashionable and convenient. When it was not fashionable and convenient, they looked the other way – for a very long time.

Oh well, sorry, just ventilating…we now return you to regular programming.
For the rest of the week, I am focused like a laser beam on the Maryland game!

I wonder what the board thinks of Congressmen using taxpayer money to settle harassment claims? I also didn't know that they exempted themselves from the freedom of information act.

Reactions: brupsu
I wonder what the board thinks of Congressmen using taxpayer money to settle harassment claims? I also didn't know that they exempted themselves from the freedom of information act.
We already know "what the BOT" thinks....
Pay out any necessary amount to silence the questions.

That would include, government judical offices & OAG, state assembly, etc.

They exempt themselves from almost every law they pass. For example, they are only against single payer health care for taxpayers-but they get it for themselves. And their pension plan? It's not shabby.

So let me get this right...the very celluloid freaks that make gobs and gobs of money portraying the use of violence, guns, sexual predation and abuse of the earth, are the very spokespersons against violence, guns, sexual predation and abuse of the earth.

How do I get one of those gigs???

They exempt themselves from almost every law they pass. For example, they are only against single payer health care for taxpayers-but they get it for themselves. And their pension plan? It's not shabby.
Not quite correct. Prior to ACA members of congress purchased the exact same health insurance as any other federal worker. Since ACA they are required to purchase their insurance through ACA exchanges. They do not have single payer.

Not quite correct. Prior to ACA members of congress purchased the exact same health insurance as any other federal worker. Since ACA they are required to purchase their insurance through ACA exchanges. They do not have single payer.

I believe that's just their staff, not them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT