ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Officially Official 2022 Big Ten Tournament Thread

Bartlett gets it done with a late TD but, man, he needs to get better from bottom. It's cost him a few times this season.

I want to apologize for my behavior in this thread last night regarding Kerk/Cass. I had "a few" beers throughout the session last night and I think got caught up too much in the excitement of Cass's win at the end. While I still stand by my overall point regarding how I like Cass's chances against Kerk again in the future, I definitely could've been more civil about it. Hope you guys don't ban me from here, because I do enjoy the discussions here from the perspectives of fans of other teams

I want to apologize for my behavior in this thread last night regarding Kerk/Cass. I had "a few" beers throughout the session last night and I think got caught up too much in the excitement of Cass's win at the end. While I still stand by my overall point regarding how I like Cass's chances against Kerk again in the future, I definitely could've been more civil about it. Hope you guys don't ban me from here, because I do enjoy the discussions here from the perspectives of fans of other teams
It takes more than arguing for your guy to get the boot from this board.

Agree with you, imho Cass seemed to have the better gas tank - he took Kerk down pretty easily in SV. Also, if you watch the replay, it wasn't all Kerk attempting to crawl OB. If you watch, Cass was attempting to crawl out back-door and get his leg free from Kerk's grip via pulling it. Kerk was fine then looked like was losing his grip on his lower leg / ankle (you could see Cass making progress out the back-door). Kerk looked like he could feel that he was about to lose his grip on leg and tried to scramble OB, but in doing so was bringing Cass directly up behind him. I think Kerk was tired and probably should have released Cass as he still would have had a 1 point lead.
Gas tank is a possibility, but I think it had more to with mental state after the mental mishap at the end of regulation.

Reactions: BruceK-PSU83
Personally, I had no problem with it. You thought Cass gutted out a good win, most of everyone here thought Kerk threw one away. It's all perspective. One thing anyone can't argue is Cass got the win.

Personally, I had no problem with it. You thought Cass gutted out a good win, most of everyone here thought Kerk threw one away. It's all perspective. One thing anyone can't argue is Cass got the win.
One point here that a lot of people missed. Yeah, Kerk had a mental lapse where he made a bad choice and blew his chances to win. However, Cass kept his focus and followed through when he saw the opening. Not making any judgment here on who is the better wrestler, that's just what happened.

ss46 - I stopped drinking alcohol about 9 years ago just for that reason. Never got into any serious trouble, but only because I was really lucky.

i do think some on here aren't giving cass enough credit for his suicide leg pass attempt. that caught him off guard. he was in good position on top and cass rolled the opposite way anybody ever would roll and caught an ankle. and kerk also didn't let go of the leg. it slipped out of his grip as he was trying to sit back into cass to keep height (also the correct thing to do). it was only after the leg slipped that he tried to dive out of bounds.

that's not a position heavyweights are used to wrestling out of.

Any word on Hildebrand's MFF to 10th? 10 spots allocated so I don't think it matters at all. Just hope he's better in 2 weeks.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
It's kind of frustrating since I think Young is actually better than Lewan ... just unusually awful awareness by Brady yesterday.

Reactions: nitlion6
Other than giving UM the 7 though, Brady basically earned back this morning what he would have gotten last night with a W (5.5 for pinning Coleman and 1 for beating Young) This is obviously assuming he doesn't beat Deakin ;)

Gomez scores three TDs against Sasso, which is a difficult task. Impressive.
I don’t know who my favorite non-PSU wrestler was before this tourney, but I think it’s Gomez now. After a hip toss 0:20 pin in the semis, he says no one can compete with him in upper body moves then comes out in the finals, grabs a double underhook and goes for the same throw and when Sasso counters, goes for the 6-point roll instead. That takes some serious moxy. Then, when it doesn’t work, get three TDs on traditional shots instead to beat the 1 seed. I love him now.

I only have BTN, but I think I heard them announce Berge won the 3rd place match. Anyone watch? What happened? Go Brady!

Gas tank is a possibility, but I think it had more to with mental state after the mental mishap at the end of regulation.

Don't think it was all a mental lapse on edge at end though. Cass looked like he was making progress out the back-door and Kerk's grip on Cass' leg seemed to be slipping before he attempted to scramble OB. I do agree it was a mental mistake to crawl OB - Kerk should have done opposite, tried to move back further onto Cass even if he was losing grip on leg as he still would have been on top of him and there were only a couple seconds left.

If PSU is going to overtake UM, winning both 174 and 184 is pretty much a must. Two head-to-head matchups.

Both of those things can be true. They aren’t mutually exclusive, and, yes, Cass earned the win even if Kerk also threw it away.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Wow, Starocci not making friends in Michigan with that post-match interview. I like confidence, but no need to give the other guys bulletin board material.

Reactions: PSU Yinzer
Wow, Brooks in control but gives up a late TD to Amine, gets an amazing escape, but then gives up another in OT. Pretty much wraps up the tournament for UM. Brooks looked gassed at the end. Great match.

The stqll warning on brooks was bullshit and I think he was stunned and paused. After that he looked totally gassed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT