Football OFFICIAL: UCLA, USC to join the Big Ten starting in 2024

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
Nebraska is going nowhere. Miami will get stronger under Cristobal. Miami has Florida to recruit great talent, Nebraska has nothing.
I still wouldn't drop Nebraska. And honestly, if the Big Ten did drop someone Nebraska is probably the least likely after Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State.

There's really no limit to the number of schools that can be added. If anything, like HailtoPitt said, the top 30 or so schools will eventually break away.

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
I still wouldn't drop Nebraska. And honestly, if the Big Ten did drop someone Nebraska is probably the least likely after Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State.

There's really no limit to the number of schools that can be added. If anything, like HailtoPitt said, the top 30 or so schools will eventually break away.
Yeah, I look at Nebraska being historically a much stronger brand than Miami. If anything, the addition of two California schools will perhaps reopen that recruiting pipeline Nebraska used to have out west.

ryoder1

Feb 17, 2007
Yeah, I look at Nebraska being historically a much stronger brand than Miami. If anything, the addition of two California schools will perhaps reopen that recruiting pipeline Nebraska used to have out west.
I see Nebraska as adding very little to the conference. Probably the weakest academically or certainly bottom 2 or 3. Lousy hoops, declining football. No major TV market near them. What they do have is a rabid football fanbase so I guess that is okay for bowl game travel. Good women's VB so they got that. Not sure if they are a good TV draw for football at this point, I doubt it. No California kid wants to attend Nebraska these days. None of them were alive when Nebraska was a power.

ryoder1

Feb 17, 2007
Miami is a strong football brand equal to Nebraska if not better.

sandiegohawk

Oct 1, 2001
The ACC is a real question mark. The schools are contractually obligated to the league for another 14 years, and though they could break the contract, it would cost them big-time bucks.
True, but define 'big-time bucks'. As it stands now ACC schools are scheduled to receive less than $40 mil a year for their media rites. In the Big 10 (and most likely SEC) schools will receive $90 mil or more each year. Considering a @ $50+ mil difference per year, what/when is the financial tipping point to leave the ACC?

Reactions: Jerry