Official RutgersAl Big Ten East Preseason Rankings

1. Ohio State
2. Penn State
3. Rutgers
4. Michigan
5. Maryland
6. Indiana
7. Michigan State
Well rutgersal how does Psu finish ahead of Rutgers when you beat us and only lose to osu and washington.

So Rutgers goes into the Big House and gets payback for last year?

Well rutgersal how does Psu finish ahead of Rutgers when you beat us and only lose to osu and washington.

I said the penn state game was winnable, not that we would beat penn state. 10 wins for Rutgers are possible, however Penn State has a better team.

So Rutgers goes into the Big House and gets payback for last year?

Yes. Michigan lost 10 of 11 defensive starters and lost 15-17 total starters depending on which publication you consult. I expect Penn State and Ohio State to HAMMER Michigan, while I expect Rutgers to pull out a close game. Even Michigan has to rebuild once in a while, and this is their year.

Entertaining thread.

But so far into fairy land that it's tough to come up with a reasonable comment..... But I'll try.

Last years Michigan true freshmen class, if they hadn't mostly redshirted, would have beaten Rutgers by a TD. They are now redshirt freshmen who could beat Rutgers by 2 TD's. But they will be mainly backups, so UM should be a 3 TD favorite.....

Last edited:
I said the penn state game was winnable, not that we would beat penn state. 10 wins for Rutgers are possible, however Penn State has a better team.
Yes you did I stand corrected but winnable good luck with that.

1. Ohio State
2. Penn State
3. Rutgers
4. Michigan
5. Maryland
6. Indiana
7. Michigan State

You must be bolstered by 2016 stats:
– 1st Quarter Scoring: Opponents 154 – Rutgers 27
– Rushing Yards: Opponents 3,170 – Rutgers 1,739

Per collegefootballnews.com

2017 Rutgers Scarlet Knights Football Schedule
Realistic Best Case Scenario

The Scarlet Knights will at least be competitive with Washington before winning the next two games to tune things up. They split at Nebraska and at home against Ohio State – fine, so that might be a stretch – and they roll past Illinois and Purdue before going to Michigan. They get by Maryland in Yankee Stadium to get within range of bowl eligibility before getting the sixth win at Indiana. 7-5 is the dream, but 6-6 would be terrific.

2017 Rutgers Scarlet Knights Football Schedule
Realistic Worst Case Scenario

They don’t pull off any upsets. Washington, at Nebraska, Ohio State, at Michigan, at Penn State and Michigan State are all brutal bloodlettings, and there’s no luck on the road at Illinois or Indiana, either. They should be better and should be decent enough to get to 4-8 at worst, but that’s hardly a lock. 2-10 is possible if this is the Big Ten’s worst team again.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Rutgers has the best running back corp in the conference, if not the country. The Heisman winner in Grant who has one receiving TD already to his name.

I am no fool, Rutgers is winning the conference. And probably the National title.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Bill Connelly, who writes CFB for SB Nation, has Rutgers as favorites in only 3 games. EMU (59%), Morgan St (99%) and Purdue (54%) and all 3 are home games. And he has the most optimistic outlook for Rutgers that I've seen so far.

In case you don't want to read disaster stories, he gives the Scarlet Dumpster Fires a 4% chance against us, OSU and Michigan and a 9% chance against Washington.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...rutgers-football-2017-preview-schedule-roster

Yes. Michigan lost 10 of 11 defensive starters and lost 15-17 total starters depending on which publication you consult. I expect Penn State and Ohio State to HAMMER Michigan, while I expect Rutgers to pull out a close game. Even Michigan has to rebuild once in a while, and this is their year.

Jim Harbaugh... Year 3 with No Titles and who has inherited solid recruiting classes from Brady Hoke along with his own efforts.

Yup...worth every bit of that $9 million a year salary... Every bit.

I would LOVE to see Rutgers beat Michigan this year...few Coaches and Programs I dislike more than Harbaugh and Michigan... Well... Besides Kelly and Notre Dame...

Jim Harbaugh... Year 3 with No Titles and who has inherited solid recruiting classes from Brady Hoke along with his own efforts.

Yup...worth every bit of that $9 million a year salary... Every bit.

I would LOVE to see Rutgers beat Michigan this year...few Coaches and Programs I dislike more than Harbaugh and Michigan... Well... Besides Kelly and Notre Dame...
I would be ecstatic if Rutgers was third in the east......at 6-6

1. Ohio State
2. Penn State
3. Rutgers
4. Michigan
5. Maryland
6. Indiana
7. Michigan State

Poor al still has an orgasm every time he sees the "Block R" above the south end zone entrance to Rutgers Stadium. Guess you got to get your jollies somewhere when you're an RU football fan.

Damn it.

Reminder to self - self, never have a liquid drink near when reading ANY post from rutgersal.
@rutgersal is a legend, glad to see him out and about. Stop by the national board and say howdy with your prediction, there is an existing thread...

On a serious note. Rutgers almost has to be better, if only because they cannot possibly be worse. They can beat EMU and Morgan. They have a shot with Illy and Purdue. Maybe they jump up and beat Indiana or Maryland or Michy State. That's 3-6 which is a hell of an improvement over 0-9. They're out of the B1G basement. 5 wins (well, really 4 1/2 since they're playing a high school), that is moving in the right direction.

But come on now. Barring Penn State or Ohio State turning it over like seven times (which happens once a decade or so), they have absolutely no chance against the Division teams with better and more big time athletes.

J. Grant is an outstanding return man. As a receiver, he runs fast, his route running is meh, he has stone hands and gets hurt in a feather factory. I'm scratching to see who on their offense would crack our lineup.

Yo, Illinois, truth be told... a basset has a much better chance of winning Westminster than Rutgers winning 10 games this year... MUCH BETTER!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT