ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Washington Fiesta Bowl Game Thread

Lagavulin 16 and you won't drink anything else ever again in your life.

If you like Lagavulin, try Caol Ila. The 25 year is TASTY however I really like the Moch and it’s not nearly as pricy. I was never really a fan of islays until I tried it. Much smoother than say a laphroaig. That and Old Pulteney 17 are my current go-to single malts. I always go with a dram of Islay and a cigar, or a nice highlands single malt if I’m just sipping.

Celebrating with Cutty Sark over ice.
Psuro, try this for a special game ..

Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky. ... Glenmorangie Lasanta now boasts an age statement of 12 years old. Lasanta is a finished in both oloroso and Pedro Ximenez sherry casks and is said to mean 'warmth and passion' in Gaelic.

Try it neet, the only way, you'll love it.

I’ll second this in general. BIG fan of highlands whiskies. Nice and light. Room temp with A tablespoon of water to open it up and MUAH!!

If you like Lagavulin, try Caol Ila. The 25 year is TASTY however I really like the Moch and it’s not nearly as pricy. I was never really a fan of islays until I tried it. Much smoother than say a laphroaig. That and Old Pulteney 17 are my current go-to single malts. I always go with a dram of Islay and a cigar, or a nice highlands single malt if I’m just sipping.

I will have to try that. It sounds like we have the same palate.

By the way, funny story. My wife and I went to Scotland last year, rented a car, and drove around the Highlands and Speyside trying whiskies and doing whatever we felt like doing. At one pub, a friendly gentleman came over and made small talk because he heard our accents. He asked where we were from and where we graduated from college. When we said Penn State, he looked stunned, then yelled, “WE AYYYYRRE....”

Apparently, his son was a student at PSU the same years we were and he had been to campus several times. He knew about PSU’s top-notch turf grass major from working golf courses in Scotland and wanted to make a career out of it. Needless to say, this man covered our tab the rest of the night. What a good time!

When watching the game yesterday, I couldn't figure out how the clock in the final minute ended up where it was before Davis's missed kick. Now watching the condensed replay on BTN, I see what happened -- the refs RESET the play clock to 25 and burned Washington of 9 more seconds. Why they reset the play clock was never brought up but if everything stays the same and Pettis goes out of bounds with :14 left instead of thinking he has to get desperate, how different might things have turned out? Better yet, how worked up (and rightfully so) would we have been here if the refs stole 9 seconds from us? Surprised that no one on the broadcast noticed that.

When watching the game yesterday, I couldn't figure out how the clock in the final minute ended up where it was before Davis's missed kick. Now watching the condensed replay on BTN, I see what happened -- the refs RESET the play clock to 25 and burned Washington of 9 more seconds. Why they reset the play clock was never brought up but if everything stays the same and Pettis goes out of bounds with :14 left instead of thinking he has to get desperate, how different might things have turned out? Better yet, how worked up (and rightfully so) would we have been here if the refs stole 9 seconds from us? Surprised that no one on the broadcast noticed that.
Move on WE WON!

Couple of points - On Saquon's 92 yarder check out the entire line & Juwan Johnson blocking on that play, perfection.
Deshaun Hamilton hanging on that 3rd down pass late in the game while getting speared in the middle of his back by a UW defender.
Juwan Johnson toughing out those extra YAC yards.

Reactions: maxxedout
ADVERTISEMENT