ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Washington Fiesta Bowl Game Thread

Smith got beat on a TD run but other than that he played very well at LB. Great to see him come up with the play to seal the game. Cabinda played well. Didn't see much from Cabinda or Brown. Too bad, we need those guys next year.

Simmons looked good. The DTs got good pressure early. Nick Scott made some mistakes. Sad to see Davis miss that FG. He was nearly perfect for 2 years but struggled at times this year.

McSorley was great, especially on 3rd down. Hamiltion was great. Gesicki good too, surprised we didn't go to him more. The play to Stevens didn't have a chance. Surprised Sanders didn't get more carries.

Not

Not quite the same level of drama in a mean nothing game.
Choose better words "mean nothing game".. Karen & I and many other alumni have tens of thousands of $$ contributed to the scholarships of our athletes. Maybe you should invest and become a "surrogate" parent" with the birth parents...its really fun at home games. Geting to meet the parents of these kids is special. Haven't met a parent I didn't like. The bowl means a lot to the kids & parents dipstick.
Sorry for calling you that term...out of my character.

This game shouldn’t have been this close. Our 3 turnovers kept them in the game. We need to clean that up if we’re going to be a team competing for a NC next year.

Don’t be foolish, Saquon. Go and take the NFL money and secure your future. You’ve earned it.

Tullamore Dew 12 yrs reserve... the entire game. Time to move on to bourbon for the Whisky game.
Testors
lloyd_bridges_airplane_looks_like_i_picked_the_wrong_week_to_quit_sniffing_glue_mccroskey-600x744.jpg

Never had the premium Tullamore but the regular stuff is fine by me. Slainte'!
I bought two $40 bottles two years ago. One for Blehar and the other for my seat companion in the HC EE Section. Blehar and a few others on this board were to be together on lot Red 2100/something or other. Rained like hell that day, Ray didn't show...12 reserve, my treasure.:p
My seat partner is forever inviting us to his tailgate on the north side of the stadium. I want to go, just can't do the tailgating now. Don has many of our past schlor athletes at his tailgates, including Franco. Menet's parents I believe are also involved on Don's gating.

Last edited:
This game shouldn’t have been this close. Our 3 turnovers kept them in the game. We need to clean that up if we’re going to be a team competing for a NC next year.

Don’t be foolish, Saquon. Go and take the NFL money and secure your future. You’ve earned it.

Agreed, but PSU finished none the less. Great to see.

If we've learned one thing, it only takes one play.............. We gave them 3. Great resilience.

Never had the premium Tullamore but the regular stuff is fine by me. Slainte'!
Both are too mellow. Need a little bourbon to stimulate the body. Bourbon favorites of mine are ...bottom shelf Old Grandad, middle shelf is Larceny...wheat based bourbon, and last, tried all of the top shelf..very good, but too accompanying and easy to imbibe.

Nothing beats Old Grandad..seriously

Both are too mellow. Need a little bourbon to stimulate the body. Bourbon favorites of mine are ...bottom shelf Old Grandad, middle shelf is Larceny...wheat based bourbon, and last, tried all of the top shelf..very good, but too accompanying and easy to imbibe.

Nothing beats Old Grandad..seriously
Angel's Envy is my favorite.

Step have you been to KY? I imagine so... The elite bourbons that are plentiful at the big outlets are crazy. I was never a bourbon drinker till I went to KY with some friends who know bourbon and it was such a hoot. I'm a convert now. I used to just drink Irish whiskey but the better bourbons are wonderful. The locals get in line at 3AM for certain releases if they can win a lottery to get one and pay $300. When I sipped one I understood why.

Reactions: step.eng69
Step have you been to KY? I imagine so... The elite bourbons that are plentiful at the big outlets are crazy. I was never a bourbon drinker till I went to KY with some friends who know bourbon and it was such a hoot. I'm a convert now. I used to just drink Irish whiskey but the better bourbons are wonderful. The locals get in line at 3AM for certain releases if they can win a lottery to get one and pay $300. When I sipped one I understood why.
I moved to Kentucky 4 years ago....definitely makes you a bourbon fan.

ADVERTISEMENT