ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - USC Rose Bowl Game Thread

Have to be proud of the team and how they fought. If the team can figure out how to start strong in the first half and eat clock/sustain drives, they'll be tough to beat. This season.....a bridge too far.

Reactions: m.knox
defense lost once Bell went out. Cam Brown may be a good player some day, but he is far from being even adequate right now. USC running was almost non-existent until Bell went out. this changed the pressure, coverage and running def. lack of LB depth after losing Bowen and Bell.

we could have played differently at the end of course.
Where was 47 for 31?

Can't understand Morehead many times....Trace made his system look better than it is as well as SB and WRs. It's better than what it was but some bone head calls.

This game will cause both teams to be massively hyped coming into next year. Disappointing loss, but it makes for a nice prologue for next year, which is the year we would should be making our run anyway.

You have to think that Franklin thought kids had no gas left for OT. There is no excuse for that playcalling. Like others said, run with McSorley..anything but a deep ball INT. Don't understand it.

Reactions: Fizz1
Gotta say Coaching staff owns that loss

high powered offense decides to turtle and play not to lose?? Either you believe in your system or you dont

So for all those power I naysayers maybe they should rethink putting in an under center package after all since running for 1 yard seems to be the goal when trying to win

Coaches own the last 3 series

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan
Kids never quit and left all on the field. Cannot ask anymore from these kids. They have done Penn State proud. Although they lost, I'm not going to bash this team or coaching staff. Instead I'm saying thank you for a great season. Go get 'em next year.

Reactions: hagberg
I would have preferred Smith with Cabinda outside and I am no fan of Cabinda outside than Cabinda and Brown. No fault of Brown's, he should have been a RS but we needed him. Once Bell went down the Bowen suspension was a true killer.

Gotta say Coaching staff owns that loss

high powered offense decides to turtle and play not to lose?? Either you believe in your system or you dont

So for all those power I naysayers maybe they should rethink putting in an under center package after all since running for 1 yard seems to be the goal when trying to win

Coaches own the last 3 series

Agree. It would make sense to be conservative if your defense was playing well but they were missing several key players and were getting eaten alive. You simply can't take the ball out of their hands in that situation and turn it over to the defense (twice).

This game will cause both teams to be massively hyped coming into next year. Disappointing loss, but it makes for a nice prologue for next year, which is the year we would should be making our run anyway.

I hope but each year is different. Teams will be aware of us and we had lady luck on many big, big downfield plays this year. Wish we got RB win now. On to 2017..

Reactions: TheGLOV and psu00
Well, he's all we had after Bell got hurt. Why make a post like this?

losing Bell was key - especially with Bowen out. Brown is simply not ready to play right now. we would have been better off using Smith in his place, even though Smith has not been playing that position. USC run game (from RBs not QB scrambles) was non-existent until Bell went down. after the UMich breakdown i thought JF may look for other players on the roster who are physically ready to play against the big boys.

Reactions: Obliviax
Have to give the O line credit, we ran the ball effectively and McSorely had enough time and space to "create". We missed the two suspended players for sure, and losing Bell hurt. three turnovers against USC and it was still a game until the last minute.

In some ways this loss might provide motivation in the off season. As good as PSU was there is PLENTY to improve on.

They did, that's why Farmer started to see a lot of time and he was great. The Farmer depth is why the Bowen suspension didn't hurt too bad, AS LONG AS THERE WERE NO INJURIES, then we had one.

Reactions: HazletonLion
I hope but each year is different. Teams will be aware of us and we had lady luck on many big, big downfield plays this year. Wish we got RB win now. On to 2017..

We bring everything back. Of course Herpes and Fowler were too intellectually lazy to mention it but we started 3 freshman and a sophomore on the OL and we are bringing Mahon and Nelson back. It doesn't matter if they know we are loaded, because we are going to be that good.

The patchwork O- Line got us pretty far this year, but having Nelson,Mahon, and Palmer sure would have made a difference.
Not whining great job Lions, never would have thought we would be in the Rose in August.

Easy to forget that McSorely is only a sophomore. He seems smart, with an improved oline hopefully his decision making will improve, it's been pretty good to date. Big plays are great, but when you live by the sword, you'll die by the sword, elite teams secondaries will occasionally make you pay.

Have to give the O line credit, we ran the ball effectively and McSorely had enough time and space to "create". We missed the two suspended players for sure, and losing Bell hurt. three turnovers against USC and it was still a game until the last minute.

In some ways this loss might provide motivation in the off season. As good as PSU was there is PLENTY to improve on.

This game should give us some extra motivation and fire for next year. No complacency from us. And we'll probably get the media pushing for us and USC to make the playoffs next year.

Buckle up. 2017 could be a year to remember.

ADVERTISEMENT