ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Ohio State game thread

If the QB is going to throw it up deep in that one on one situation he has to be able to get enough mustard on it that it's a deep contested ball. There is no way he has the arm strength off his back foot while arching back from the rushing defender to get that ball out far enough that if it's picked it would be a decent punt. Really a poor decision.
Who died and made you the second-coming of Galen Hall? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji
Congrats to tOSU.

Cliff really battled, and played a hell of lot better than he did last week.

I commend PSU on resetting after last week's performance, and really battling tonight.

Turnovers were a big difference. If I recall correctly, PSU had 3 turnovers, and tOSU had 1.

Good game, guys played all out. Gave up the defensive TD and bad call on the center snap is the difference tonight.

OL play, at this point, is a systemic failure. I don’t expect this to change as long as Franklin is head coach. He has no idea how to fix this.

Reactions: ftlpsu
The difference in this game was OSUs ability to pressure Clifford and force him into mistakes. Unfortunately aren’t while our defense played great in general, they were not able to pressure stoutd into mistakes
One turnover for us and we turned it back next play. Two more turnovers were the difference

• Sad
Reactions: PSUfiji
So you're admitting to have a no-end job and no hair? I could share more, but I won't.

Even you have to admit you're a 28,000+ post loser...you spend your entire day at the "branch office" posting on this board.

What do you call a guy that finds random message board users social media profiles?

Bet you identify as a good Christian too.

Story of the year. OSU rushes four against our five and they get to Clifford. Until Franklin realizes that the five guys on the LOS are the most important we will not win . Seriously answer me this… how many OL would you pick tonite from both teams lines would be from PSU? There isn’t one PSU guy that would start at OSU

Congrats to tOSU.

Cliff really battled, and played a hell of lot better than he did last week.

I commend PSU on resetting after last week's performance, and really battling tonight.

Turnovers were a big difference. If I recall correctly, PSU had 3 turnovers, and tOSU had 1.
As always, thanks for doing the play by play, Tom.

So you're admitting to have a no-end job and no hair? I could share more, but I won't.

Even you have to admit you're a 28,000+ post loser...you spend your entire day at the "branch office" posting on this board.
That’s over 10 years…you get that, right? And I do okay with my job, so I’m not complaining. You need to chill dude, it’s a game.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Story of the year. OSU rushes four against our five and they get to Clifford. Until Franklin realizes that the five guys on the LOS are the most important we will not win . Seriously answer me this… how many OL would you pick tonite from both teams lines would be from PSU? There isn’t one PSU guy that would start at OSU
Their Oline wasnt that great. Couple good runs and 7 false starts at home

I know it was fun in the top 5 this year but if you know football, you had to know it was the smoke and mirrors. No run game, no top 5.

My thanks to all that participated in this game thread.

It was fun, and while we didn't get a win, for the most part it was a good conversation.

I've enjoyed running game threads in some variation on this site since 2001. And I look forward to running them on BWI's next platform.

My thanks to all that participated tonight. And a thanks to all that have participated in prior PSU football game threads on this site.

We have no “big play” guys. Like a Barkley or Parsons that play all over the field. We have lots of good players but not a guy you always have to account for. OSU made 3-4 big plays. We ground it out. Tough game. How we played with -0- energy last week at home, then with a lot of spirit tonight in the shoe is mind boggling.

I turned off the sound. He really was an over the top Buckeye tonight.
Herbie is a pure cheerleader if OSU is involved. Always. He emphatically jumps onto anything Buckeye positive.
Let’s call it how it is, Clifford is just an average QB. You need better QB play to beat elite teams.
You need better OL play. SC played pretty good tonight. The turnovers were the difference though.

I know this won’t fly here but I’m proud of how these kids fought. Everyone has them pegged to lose 51-7 after the Illinois game.

That hit in Iowa altered 2 games. It happens. I think this team closes out strong. This team lost because of a couple big plays that other teams in this conference can’t make.

probably the last post on this board. See you guys on the other side!!

Our total inability to run the ball is just an impossible thing to overcome against a quality team on the road. It means Clifford has to be perfect and no turnovers. It also likely means our defense is on the field a lot against an explosive offense. Just never going to win these games without a very good tough run game to complement the pass.

Rest of the year should be fascinating. Does this let all the air out of the balloon? No way should this team lose to Rutgers or Md with a decent effort tho.

I think they win out. Which means no one wins because the boo hoos will bitch about how Franklin cost them the playoffs with no backup, a poor Illinois game and a poor 4th down call against osu in a game they predicted we’d be blown out in.

• Wow
Reactions: Shadow99
As for moral victories, I really enjoyed this game. I drank 13 beers, son2, who never parties, drank 9 basins, I had a blast. An$ at noon I was guessing a blow out, so I’ll take the moral effort

I enjoyed it as well. Also discovered a great sweet potato beer. Am also thankful I haven’t become a miserly little shit who stalks people on the internet.

See ya on the other side.

I think they win out. Which means no one wins because the boo hoos will bitch about how Franklin cost them the playoffs with no backup, a poor Illinois game and a poor 4th down call against osu in a game they predicted we’d be blown out in.
There’s always a reason it’s Franklin’s fault. It’s been that way since he started.

Reactions: TheGLOV
And you're a board-dominating moron... with no hair.... and a dead-end, low-commision job.

You're very much like Michael Scott...your branch employees tolerate you more far more than they admire you.
What’s with the hair talk. Lots of beautiful men with no hair
GkIVPjK.jpg

Reactions: DELion and TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT