ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Northwestern Game Thread

Think I saw the equipment manager in on that last drive...Bus driver was in their too

Got to figure Jake and Jan strongly encouraged to have their degrees complete by end of year.

When Tim Bream came out to check on Jarvis Miller I can't believe the announcers don't mention him with the Beta Theta Pi fraternity incident.

Game ball to PSU defense today (other than the last garbage time TD series...). PSU D appears to be improving every game. Looks like a key component of a great team. Impressive.

The O did well too...stymied for most of the game, found some traction in the 2nd half. Good to see Barkley get the nice run and Trace the TD.

Really nice game today that just got off to a slow start.

Reactions: mn78psu83
We won with ease in a snoozer away game, defense dominated. I could have seen this being a tough one predicting at the beginning of the year. With the games on the horizon they took care of business. To anyone who says we were better last year. Our coverage teams and return teams are light ages better. Our defense is light years better. Our offense is still pretty darn good, have struggled not having the deep ball....that has slowed our offense and running game down. I will start judging our offense starting now after the bye week. Getting Mahon and Wright healthy is big.

I have no doubt the offense will reach the level we expected soon but Tyler Davis has to figure it out ASAP. He has been so good his first 2 years, really struggling this year.

Maybe PSU is a better football team this year and the crying whining ingrate know nothings here are .... well crying whining ingrate know nothings!
I thought Defense was outstanding. I think we need a few athletic guys on the line for the running game to succeed. Gonzalez should be out and Menet in.

Well, 2:45PM in Chicagoland and the rain has arrived.....nice for the players and the fans that it stayed dry.

•Wade was absent all game. Did he even travel?
•I'm digging Pry's defensive scheme. Our CBs are thriving in man2man situations. The young, high rated talent at DE are getting better every game. Simmons doesn't give up on a play and Toney is a tough task to block.
•I keep hearing complaints about no deep ball, but I really don't think we have tried to take the top off a defense yet.
•Our defense playing better and improved special teams make us a better team than last year, even if we aren't as flashy in the fashion we are doing it, particularly on the offensive side.
•FG unit is bizarre. We break down here in one phase every attempt. Certainly we have replacements at these breakdown positions. Give em a shot.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Number 3 now going into bye week. Buhbye OU
Yep, two weeks for the Hater-ade crew to complain why we aren't ranked higher. 6-0, #3 , not many injuries. Will need some improvement , and a little luck to run the table , but PSU still controls it's own destiny. Stand a little taller at the water cooler boys. :cool:

nice game thread today, guys. I missed the game, but got to relive the agonies and the joys of it from reading the entire game thread.

Reactions: ftlpsu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT