ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - MSU Game Thread

Front 7 and wideouts especially. Team is full of underclassmen. I was watching a bit of ND today, all the linebackers were seniors, and they had two on the D-line, one a fifth year.
your point? aren't 6 & 7 seniors?

Would you like to rethink that?

Nah...the point is, most on this board write them off early every single game. PSU could be winning by 4 tds and people would still write them off. If they are not scoring or stopping the opponent on every drive, they are done. The expectations are often unrealistic...

But yes, I do understand why fans are upset

Reactions: step.eng69
Thought you guys kinda played not to lose

Congrats on the win. MSU was scrappy and fought to the end. They deserved the win.

This was the worst game I’ve seen psu play in several years. I don’t think it was a ‘play not to lose’ issue. PSU has had issues for a long time closing out games, tackling, receivers getting open, and D collapses late. Today the failure to correct these issues bit them against a good scrappy team in MSU.

Congrats on the win. MSU was scrappy and fought to the end. They deserved the win.

This was the worst game I’ve seen psu play in several years. I don’t think it was a ‘play not to lose’ issue. PSU has had issues for a long time closing out games, tackling, receivers getting open, and D collapses late. Today the failure to correct these issues bit them against a good scrappy team in MSU.

I’ve been in the other side of these losses plenty as an MSU fan.

Last two years PSU has lost to inferior MSU teams. After both games you must have been scratching your head saying how did this happen.

Similar to how we lost to NW last week. I think you’ll win out and get to another NY6 bowl.

Last two years PSU has lost to inferior MSU teams. After both games you must have been scratching your head saying how did this happen.

Similar to how we lost to NW last week. I think you’ll win out and get to another NY6 bowl.
This team will not beat Michigan on the road.

Seems the ref's had a boner for PSU today, i didn't see the holding on Windsor, plus tell me what happened on the goal line with the personal foul and on who. This crew was as bad as any or Witovet's

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan

I've read your stuff all week SpartanJD and I think you were spot on a lot. You took some abuse here, which you had to expect, but I found you to be mostly reasonable and a football fan that has his thumb on the team you root for. I sincerely wanted to crush your team today, but they are well coached a d deserved the win. I am not a Benedict Arnold by any means, but id have a beer with you any day and watch our teams play.

Nah...the point is, most on this board write them off early every single game. PSU could be winning by 4 tds and people would still write them off. If they are not scoring or stopping the opponent on every drive, they are done. The expectations are often unrealistic...

But yes, I do understand why fans are upset

Right now, Penn State fans would settle for just ONE first down drive to seal a victory!!!

Reactions: mn78psu83
I've been saying that since App St. Who cares if the other is a walk on, 36 at least can tackle.

You’re right. He’s probably the best they have at the moment, but think about that...a top 10 team with a converted line backer and a walk-on starting. Depth and experience is sorely lacking at key positions.

Terrible game for PSU, BUT as bad as it was the defensive holding call on 54 led directly to 7 points. The team lost by only 4.
It IS possible to play poorly and still be treated fairly.

Yes, absolutely terrible call that led to MSU TD. Refs screwed Penn St.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Geez, really?? And Miles Sanders truly fumbled. This was alot on McSorley and Amani as seniors. Horrible game..runs out of bounds to give MSU more time? Dropped INTs..twice?
Agreed about the poor play...
but missing a call (such as the fumble) is one thing - missed calls happen and nobody is perfect; but fabricating a call out of the blue to negate a stop is suspicious and not comparable because nothing was “missed”. The referees had to be “proactive” and intentional to make such a rare call.

I've read your stuff all week SpartanJD and I think you were spot on a lot. You took some abuse here, which you had to expect, but I found you to be mostly reasonable and a football fan that has his thumb on the team you root for. I sincerely wanted to crush your team today, but they are well coached a d deserved the win. I am not a Benedict Arnold by any means, but id have a beer with you any day and watch our teams play.

Thank you sir beer on me if you ever make it to Lansing...

The abuse by a few posters don’t bother me every fan base is like that. I guess OSU isn’t as good as we thought cuz I thought PSU looked awesome against OSU.

Not sure why you guys didn’t take more shots downfield maybe you don’t have the athletes on the edge you’ve had past two years.

Thank you sir beer on me if you ever make it to Lansing...

The abuse by a few posters don’t bother me every fan base is like that. I guess OSU isn’t as good as we thought cuz I thought PSU looked awesome against OSU.

Not sure why you guys didn’t take more shots downfield maybe you don’t have the athletes on the edge you’ve had past two years.

We should have taken a bunch , but we did take a few. And they were open, but the QB missed on the throw

ADVERTISEMENT