ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - MSU Game Thread

As much heat the defense takes they only gave up 21 points. In today's day and age in college football that should win you the game. You can't drop that many INT's in a close game and expect to win.

How is Davis not double covered in that situation. That was the worst game plan by the coaches and the worst execution by the players I have seen. Way too many mental mistakes.

An honest assessment:
1. Mark Dantonio is a very good head coach.
2. Trace McSorley made too many mistakes today, most notable running out of bounce.
3. IMHO the Michigan State defensive line was big, strong and fast. A D-Line that can play independent of LB help creates nightmares for an opposing offense.
4. The zebras helped Michigan State by keeping the game close.

The team quit.. The OSU loss was the season.

It does seem like it- just like last year. A collapse loss to OSU and the next game they come out with no intensity and no aggressiveness. Sleep walking in a close game where the D gives up another late score to lose.

When you’re down to a Hail Mary, you need someone who can throw it to the end zone. From 55-60 yards, that’s not Trace. Needed to sub an arm there.

Well, Mrs. Lincoln, how were the seats at least?

Reactions: vops
How is Davis not double covered in that situation. That was the worst game plan by the coaches and the worst execution by the players I have seen. Way too many mental mistakes.

Inexcusable to not double him there. But this loss is on the offense

The mark of a mediocre team: 3 chances to put the game away. Catch an int - drop. Run for a first down - fail. Catch an int - drop. No one made a play. No one- including our 5th year senior CB and our 5th year senior QB. And so we lost. And ruined our season. And for the 22nd time in 26 seasons, we will not win this dung heap of a conference. And that is totally unacceptable. Or should be.

Reactions: Pride
My Saturdays are now free
When you’re down to a Hail Mary, you need someone who can throw it to the end zone. From 55-60 yards, that’s not Trace. Needed to sub an arm there.

Obviously disagree with others who suggest that Trace should have been benched earlier because of a bad game, BUT you make an EXCELLENT point specifically about the last play.

Lot of experience on this team. You can argue the young guys are better but the starters have lot of experience

The drop by Amani was catchable but the wr hit the ball if you look. It was a catch he could have made but not a straight drop

An honest assessment:
1. Mark Dantonio is a very good head coach.
2. Trace McSorley made too many mistakes today, most notable running out of bounce.
3. IMHO the Michigan State defensive line was big, strong and fast. A D-Line that can play independent of LB help creates nightmares for an opposing offense.
4. The zebras helped Michigan State by keeping the game close.

That and one of our biggest liabilities is Rhane. I said this several other times, but look at the experience at the coordinator position Meyer has, Saban has, Harbaugh has...we have two first time coordinators.

Franklin hasn’t gone 3-9 like JoePa in 2003. Nor did he go 4-7 like JoePa in 2004. I don’t want to hear about JoePa, or his staff of mediocrities that plunged PSU football into a four year run where we couldn’t beat anyone. He should have been fired after the 1999 meltdown. So just stop. I’ll never stop defending Joe the man, but Joe the Big Ten football coach left a lot to be desired

Sorry this is on Rahne and Franklin for not telling him to throw to put game away.

Hit JJ for 20 then decide to run into middle

Reactions: ralphster
Something isn't right with this team. Overrated players. The coaching. The practice regimen. Preparation. Something isn't right.
4th Quarter Defensive Collapse Commencing...
It’s not that simple. The offense can’t run the ball for first downs to close out games. The offensive line is still a huge problem. The clock doesn’t run when it’s third and 9, and a pass is incomplete, or the QB runs again, out of bounds.

Reactions: step.eng69
It's very rare for everything to go perfect in a game. Just wait until the 2nd half when the depth starts to show itself...

I realize this is a board, but seems to be a lot of folks prematurely writing this team off game in and game out...

Would you like to rethink that?

Franklin hasn’t gone 3-9 like JoePa in 2003. Nor did he go 4-7 like JoePa in 2004. I don’t want to hear about JoePa, or his staff of mediocrities that plunged PSU football into a four year run where we couldn’t beat anyone. He should have been fired after the 1999 meltdown. So just stop. I’ll never stop defending Joe the man, but Joe the Big Ten football coach left a lot to be desired
I think Coach Franklin is a great head coach who will take this team to a national championship. I think he's a phenomenal recruiter and motivator. However until he wins two national championships (1982 and 1986) and runs the table five times (1968, 1969, 1973, 1986, and 1994) you can't compare him to Joe Paterno. JMHO

Our DTs are below average. They have been unable to get any push consistently. This gives the QB the ability to step up in the pocket. We made Lewerke look like Montana.
This^^^. Both our lines just aren’t that good. You win big games in the trenches and we can’t.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Things that come to mind:

1. Two possessions inside msu's 25-yard line in the 3rd quarter. No points.
2. Taylor dropped interception in msu territory. msu gets a 1st down on the next play.
3. Amani dropped interception in msu territory. msu gets a 1st down on the next play.
4. Ball with just over 4 minutes to go in the game, and we can't run the clock out.
5. Ball with 1:46 to go in the game, and we can't run the clock out.
we couldn't in the Rose Bowl, vs OSU 17 vs MSU 18, vs OSU 18, vs MSU 18

ADVERTISEMENT