ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Maryland Game Thread

2zPRFH

https://goo.gl/images/2zPRFH

My phone won't post the pic.....hit the Link

Shoop as a coach’s son can not make that penalty....

Good for the kid to get some TV time. Would have loved for him to get a catch.

If Tommy and the WR’s step up next year - watch out.

Defense could be the best we’ve seen in a decade or more
Defense should be much improved unless a couple of kids leave early.

Offense only loses McSorley for sure. Wright is gone and McGovern probably gone. Can't afford to lose Gonzalez or Bates. Hopefully not Sanders or JJ. It was nice to finally see PSU target their big receivers Friermuth and JJ.

True, but it's the final game of the regular season and I don't appreciate you pissing on my cornflakes.
I was not being negative, just realistic. I tend to be that way. Had the poster said what I said, I would likely have responded with what he said.

Hate to say it, but I feel more confident with our offfense when Tommy is in at QB. Next year is "the year." Next year is 2005, 2007, 2015, etc.

Due to other plans, I had to watch a recording of the game this evening.

I saw a complete game by all. Great defense and an offense that showed balance. Congratulations to the players, coaches, and especially the seniors.

Well done.

Reactions: Obliviax and BBrown
Duffy was at the game on Saturday sitting in the north upper deck with the Maryland fans. His son was their leading receiver! Talked to him after the game and he said it was a weird feeling rooting against PSU.

Brian Cobbs, a WR for Maryland, is the son of Duffy. He caught 2 passes for 58 yards in Saturday's game. He has an older brother, Mike, that plays linebacker for James Madison.

Duffy is a sales rep for Johnson & Johnson, and also is the CB coach at Hayfield HS, in Alexandria, VA.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
Brian Cobbs, a WR for Maryland, is the son of Duffy. He caught 2 passes for 58 yards in Saturday's game. He has an older brother, Mike, that plays linebacker for James Madison.

Duffy is a sales rep for Johnson & Johnson, and also is the CB coach at Hayfield HS, in Alexandria, VA.
I hadn't known that. Did that crack TV production team have the announcers mention that after his 48-yard reception? Or were they busy talking about something else?

I hadn't known that. Did that crack TV production team have the announcers mention that after his 48-yard reception? Or were they busy talking about something else?
It’s better that they don’t know, or Duffy and the family may get the O’Korn family treatment from last year’s Michigan game (ie, a permanent camera glued to them for 3 hours).

Just an idea to throw out there.....and to preface this....I love the offense that PSU runs. however, I have heard that it sometimes isn't the easiest offenses for an OL.....could these guys be looking to leave early to go and play a more Pro Style Offense where the blocking assignments might not be as difficult? Seems to me our OL was pretty stout when it wasn't an RPO and they could just grind away. there were a few times we lined up, knowing we were running, and gained 6 yards easily.

It’s better that they don’t know, or Duffy and the family may get the O’Korn family treatment from last year’s Michigan game (ie, a permanent camera glued to them for 3 hours).

So you're saying Duffy didn't marry as well as Dan Persa Sr.?

In all fairness in 1986 psu was three plays away from 8-3 prior to the bowl game.
That may be, and it is almost always true. The difference is in '86 there was no need to pine over "what might have been" as was the case this year. They got it done.

ADVERTISEMENT