ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa game thread

It’s on BTN now. He said he got no explanation from O’Neil but doesn’t want to discuss it further as he is “in a no-win” situation if he does discuss it further. In his introduction he did say he found it odd that Penn State, one of the least penalized teams, was flagged for 80 yards and Iowa only 5.

First question is about the three TD’s taken off the board and the “apparent” Freiermuth TD. Franklin says no explanation was given and he would love to have long comments about it, but cannot.

Reactions: TheGLOV
It’s on BTN now. He said he got no explanation from O’Neil but doesn’t want to discuss it further as he is “in a no-win” situation if he does discuss it further. In his introduction he did say he found it odd that Penn State, one of the least penalized teams, was flagged for 80 yards and Iowa only 5.

Not to mention that they finally call Iowa for holding, but it would have only been half the distance to the goal and not worth taking.

I thought Franklin handled the PC as well as it possibly could have been done.

He acknowledged his (and our) dissatisfaction without giving any ammunition to the conference.

It was perfect.

Amazing that he could come up with just the right things to say after being in the heat of the game just moments beforehand.

Very proud.

72469788_10219199105195955_1684291336594784256_n.jpg

gutsy road win especially with those refs...wow...one thing they need to focus on is the passing game (middle of field)...got one elite TE and another good college TE...when teams play that much cover 2 the middle should be open

This game was like a referee flu shot. Hopefully we build up enough antibodies for the bubonic plague otherwise known as the referines next week.
Tonite was just a warm up for this to come with the refs...just amazing that it is allowed in CFB.

I thought Franklin handled the PC as well as it possibly could have been done.

He acknowledged his (and our) dissatisfaction without giving any ammunition to the conference.

It was perfect.

Amazing that he could come up with just the right things to say after being in the heat of the game just moments beforehand.

Very proud.
BS..someone needs to stand up and be counted. Could the officiating be any more crooked? Not bad, deliberately attempting to steal the game. And this isn’t our first rodeo with this baloney!

I don’t know about that. Windsor was huge. And as strong as Cain looked, the line made some holes for him that they don’t seem to make for the other guys. Is it just me, or do they seem to seem to call more direct runs with Cain?
I think that's a bit of a ridiculous assertion. The OL is what it is. Cain is just that good.

The point about the line is really that they seem to call some straight run plays with Cain.
Cain is the perfect back for RPO style blocking. Only a little crease needed and Cain runs straight ahead with power. I will take 4-5 yds per run every time. Move the sticks. We have dominated the fourth quarter of the last two games with this approach.

ADVERTISEMENT