ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa Game Thread

Replying to poster who suggested Iowa was lucky to be in the game. Iowa dominated 1st downs and possession time and also had more total yards.

Dude.... We won outright two of three phases of the the game. Our offense outscored their offense, our defense prevented more points, they won ST's and turnovers and were gifted many points, and we WON. First downs, yards, and TOP are irrelevant if you win and we were hardly dominated.

Was that lineman even a eligible receiver? Or does the lateral make him eligible? It was a lateral, wasn’t it? I saw it in a restaurant, so not totally sure what happened
Was not an eligible receiver. Since there was no pass, whether or not he was an eligible receiver is irrelevant.
Yes, it was a lateral.

OR

MAYBE when Stanley overthrew a WIDE WIDE WIDE WIDE WIDE open receiver in the first half.....maybe THAT was the difference!

This game was won and lost and won and lost and won and lost and won and lost by BOTH teams this afternoon.
No doubt about that. PSU blocked punt for a safety, snap out of the end zone for another safety, fumble on 1st and goal from the 10, interception deep in our own end to allow Iowa back in the game. Reed interception led to one score, Hamler kick return led to a FG, Stanley quick attempt intercepted when it looked like Iowa would take the lead. Lots of turning points. And Stanley's overthrow on the fake with no safety back. Exciting game but very sloppy on both sides.

Watching the game now and some observations/questions....

- Pocket seemed to collapse fast a lot of the time for TM
- Slade dressed; haven’t seen him yet - doghouse? Injured?
- Dotson had some nice catches. He and Hamler will be big targets for us next year
- Freiermuth is great - can’t believe he’s a Fr
- D looks to be turning the corner - nice to see Reid getting back to form
- We’re the Charlie Brown of football when it comes to getting duped on trick plays - and special teams

McShay needs to stick to harassing Kiper. He was commenting on TM coming back in the game and how TS was obviously disappointed, except that when he’s talking you see TS encouraging TM and showing very positive body language. What a dope.

Reactions: AldenT
No guys, AWS has it right. We recruited the worst group of 4 and 5 star talent in history and despite franklins otherworldly skill with the X’s and O’s, these guys just refuse to get it
Bwahaha.

oTgo8Gx___Imgur.gif

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Want an answer to this now?
Yes, it’s the same response. Name a guy who has risen on defense? Is there one guy?? How about offense? The line has completely regressed and our receivers continue to drop passes and can’t get open. I think tight end has started to develop as a nice surprise. Our special teams have been a disaster giving up several on sides kicks, fake fg and fake punts. We dropped a punt and snapped a ball through the end zone. So no, my answer remains the same.

Yes, it’s the same response. Name a guy who has risen on defense? Is there one guy?? How about offense? The line has completely regressed and our receivers continue to drop passes and can’t get open. I think tight end has started to develop as a nice surprise. Our special teams have been a disaster giving up several on sides kicks, fake fg and fake punts. We dropped a punt and snapped a ball through the end zone. So no, my answer remains the same.
YGM, Simmons, Parsons, Reid, Hamler, you mentioned the TE, Pinegar....seems like a lot more than none. The line has hardly regressed and we have some young guys that showed well in the Iowa game. Every team outside of Bama and maybe Clemson have a down year now and then as they gain experience...that’s college football. I think your expectations are a bit out of whack.

ADVERTISEMENT