ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa Game Thread

Correct. PSU effectively gifted Iowa 18 points, did not play anywhere close their best game and still beat them - very telling as you point out.
And we were told by multiple Iowa posters this is their best team they’ve had under Ferentz and their defense was the best in the country. We couldn’t have won.

Said the same on the game thread. Hopefully he has turned the corner like Ficken did a few years ago.

Reactions: TheGLOV
We're bowl eligible.:)

After settling down after the game ended, that thought popped into my head too. As Dilbert would say, "I'll take it."

This is a fun but frustrating team to watch. They seem to play up or down to the level of their competition, for some reason, and can't seem to win unless some adversity strikes them. I don't know how they could possibly win on the road next week against mighty Michigan, but at this point I don't think I'd count 'em out. ;)

Nick Scott INT

Obv the INT was huge. If he doesn’t get tripped up and fall inside our 10 he probably goes a long long way and ices the game. Didn’t happen that way and we had to sweat out another one. Unlike the MSU game, however, we did not drop INTs. I see improvements

Only if there are muffins.

SCONES. :eek:

hot-chocolate-latte-and.jpg

A win is a win is a win. Not pretty but all that matters is that they found a way. I still would love to see us actually pick up a first down and kill the clock at the end of the game but baby steps.
But then we’d have to run Victory Formation out of the shotgun. More Board apoplexy would ensue.

Last edited:
Watching Pinegar, from App. State until today is an exercise in growth. He has grown in confidence, now he hits the ball with authority and it flies true. The odd spins seem to be gone as far as I can see.

I expected the vaunted tight end Iowa offense to run up and down the field, not. Six points from their offense is not only surprising but very telling on them and on our defense, execution and planning. Had our offense played anywhere near to a normal game (part of that could have been the Iowa defense, credit where credit is due) PSU should have been up by three TD's in the fourth quarter. Of course, my blood pressure pills would have went unused and big pharma needs my $$$$ so it has a happy ending.

I, along with many others, was concerned during the last second Iowa drive but we emerged victorious.

WE ARE

Iowa would not have been in this game, except for the multiple miscues in the first half.
True, but they dominated first downs and time of possession. They also had more total yards. A win is a win but that was ugly.

Griese was begging for that overturned catch and wanted 6 called for targeting on the play that ran the clock out. Pretty fair all game till the end. Kinda weird. To his credit Levy shut him down right away.

That was mcshay. And griese shut him down

They were all clearly wrong on the catch. Not sure what they were looking at.

True, but they dominated first downs and time of possession. They also had more total yards. A win is a win but that was ugly.

so what? you always have a strange point of view.... they out gained us be 38 fricken yards. bfd

Reactions: Judge Smails
My evening entertainment will be to make a cocktail and watch the game. I only caught the last 10 minutes of the 4th because I was out all day.

nickmiller.gif

Reactions: paws1957
I look forward to rewatching that one.
Look at post 24 in this thread.....
Re watch this one......is this our Official Emblem FOR The Pennsylvania State University? Did the dip-$hit administrators plagiarize this for our official correspondence heading...? I posted the Eastern Illinois Emblem.
Shame on our PSU leaders...well, actually screw them.
Below is CLASS....
635672916956324972-Screen-Shot-2015-05-15-at-9.59.09-AM.jpg

This is class:

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
so what? you always have a strange point of view.... they out gained us be 38 fricken yards. bfd
Replying to poster who suggested Iowa was lucky to be in the game. Iowa dominated 1st downs and possession time and also had more total yards.

ADVERTISEMENT