ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa Game Thread

This was '94 Vs Michigan type of drive to win the game. McSorley stepped up and made the best throw of his career. If that pass was off even an inch, it's deflected. Perfect throw. Juwan Johnson proved himself. He ran a great route.

Barkley with 358. They hyped him all day.

Defense played awesome except for literally 3 snaps, 2 of which fall on the feet of Apke and Cabinda. It's time to put someone else in there at safety. Nick Scott. Ayron Monroe. Lamont Wade. Somebody who can run. Cabinda severely out of position on the TD run, but it might have aided us in the end (left enough clock to retake the lead, win).
This was '94 Vs Michigan type of drive to win the game. McSorley stepped up and made the best throw of his career. If that pass was off even an inch, it's deflected. Perfect throw. Juwan Johnson proved himself. He ran a great route.

Barkley with 358. They hyped him all day.

Defense played awesome except for literally 3 snaps, 2 of which fall on the feet of Apke and Cabinda. It's time to put someone else in there at safety. Nick Scott. Ayron Monroe. Lamont Wade. Somebody who can run. Cabinda severely out of position on the TD run, but it might have aided us in the end (left enough clock to retake the lead, win).
94 v. Illinois, not Michigan.

Our message board sure is full of a bunch of trolls who couldn't pay $95 to see the marquee game of the year in their home stadium. So salty, sitting in their homes watching on a 18 inch tube tv.

Reactions: dwiz
They sided with whatever was anti-PSU every chance they got. Screw them and Herbie's awful sports coat.
I thought he was reasonably fair. he did think the INT by Haley was certainly an INT.

however, he was very quick to praise Watley. He gave Barkley a ton of props, but i think he got a little too giggly out of two plays by Watley.

Mostly...balanced.

we had like 6 million total yards and it took one super close moment to seal the deal... but the kids had the moxie to get it done.

Hopefully this is that game that signals team of destiny.. not a harbinger of close uglies to come.

Good for Trace to pull it off.. although that frustration punt did not earn him many fans in iowa lol.

Glad to have the win, need a double Scotch to calm nerves. This staff needs a little soul searching after this one.

Reactions: psu00
we had like 6 million total yards and it took one super close moment to seal the deal... but the kids had the moxie to get it done.

Hopefully this is that game that signals team of destiny.. not a harbinger of close uglies to come.

Good for Trace to pull it off.. although that frustration punt did not earn him many fans in iowa lol.
He was trying to kick the ball to the kids on the hospital!

Hard to believe the ridiculous negative comments early in this thread ... really stupid stupid comments ... obviously most from people who have never played in any serious competitive games ...seriously hard to listen to a lot of those comments ...but it is free speech ...at least I think it still is ...lol

Reactions: CDLionFL
Hard to believe the ridiculous negative comments early in this thread ... really stupid stupid comments ... obviously most from people who have never played in any serious competitive games ...seriously hard to listen to a lot of those comments ...but it is free speech ...at least I think it still is ...lol

it may seem that way, but bring some perspective to what you are reading. Game threads often focus on what isn't going well, especially PSU struggles. It's the nature of the beast. In general, those that perhaps complain too much are also the ones that celebrate with gusto when PSU wins.

I didn't pick up on any anti-psu bias at all from Fowler or Herbie and usually i pick up on that stuff right away. i think some people are way, way oversensitive

Agreed. If Barkley goes on to win the Heisman, you can point to this game, both his performance and the hype from the announcers as the real springboard.

Reactions: ralphster
it may seem that way, but bring some perspective to what you are reading. Game threads often focus on what isn't going well, especially PSU struggles. It's the nature of the beast. In general, those that perhaps complain too much are also the ones that celebrate with gusto when PSU wins.
Agreed. I was losing my mind after the game and I was a huge jerk in the in-game thread.

Mcsorly was being an ass wtf are you talking about - my god have some PSU fans turned into idiots - it's big boy football now so stay in bed and let the adults watch the games.
I wonder whether the Iowa fans yelling about the McSorely punt were critical of Jewell's mocking the home run swing move after his interception. And I wonder if they cheered the Terry Brands forced "toss me" move at wrestling nationals?

I didn't pick up on any anti-psu bias at all from Fowler or Herbie and usually i pick up on that stuff right away. i think some people are way, way oversensitive

Pay closer attention. Especially on the big Iowa plays where holding isn’t called.

Reactions: Sharkies
Just for the record since I've had a lot of replies.

I don't care that McSorely kicked the ball into the air. I don't care that our receiver shushed the crowd. But I ALSO don't care what Ferentz did at the end of the game.
However, in the context of Ferentz being kind of a jerk at the end, you have to add three things. 1. Our receiver shushed the crowd. 2. McSorely kicked the ball into the air. 3. Ferentz also lost at the last second.

So Let's not bash Ferentz without considering those things.

LdN

Hamilton looks like he thinks he is the intended receiver and isn't sure what happened when the ball doesn't get to him.

It reminds me of the winning TD in the 1968 Orange Bowl against Kansas. Chuck Burkhart was supposed to hand off to Charlie Pittman on third down, but kept the ball and scored. Pittman thought Burkhart fumbled the snap because he never got the handoff.

Reactions: Sharkies and Grass
ADVERTISEMENT