ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Indiana Game Thread

Captain Obviously almost blew another one

giphy.gif

Well I read tons of criticism on this board for running the ball at the end of the last two games.
The difference of course being that in those cases we were only up by one score not two, were facing stout run defenses, and there wasn't a swirling wind going around. Also, hardly anyone was calling for 3 straight passes in those cases. Just one, maybe two, to mix things up.

But yeah, if you ignore all that, the situations were exactly the same.

Yeah, I’ll take it. I know coaches with back to back double digit win seasons are falling out of the sky, but I’ll take the one we’ve got.

Yea you’re right. Today was solid. Nearly coughing up a late lead to one of the worst team in the conference. Solid. Real progress.

Penn state could lose to Rutgers and you’d say the same thing.

Franklin’s ahead of the curve and thinking outside of the box.

EVERYONE freezes FG kickers. Wasn’t that their FG kicker? :D

Reactions: 84Lion
Yea you’re right. Today was solid. Nearly coughing up a late lead to one of the worst team in the conference. Solid. Real progress.

Penn state could lose to Rutgers and you’d say the same thing.
Yes, I would. Please show me a coach who doesn’t have a below average season....just one.

Yes, I would. Please show me a coach who doesn’t have a below average season....just one.

I like Franklin. If you think the last 3 games have been perfect from the coaching staff I’m not sure what you’re watching. The fact that you wouldn’t be concerned with a loss to Rutgers is baffling.

Thinking everything is great is how you go from losing to osu by 1 to losing to a medicore MSU team. Thinking everything was great during the MSU game is how you go from losing to a medicore MSU team tonholding on for dear life to a bad Indiana team. Franklin said he was taking this team from great to elite. His words not mine. Have you seen great let alone elite since that promise?

I like Franklin. If you think the last 3 games have been perfect from the coaching staff I’m not sure what you’re watching.

Thinking everything is great is how you go from losing to osu by 1 to losing to a medicore MSU team. Thinking everything was great during the MSU game is how you go from losing to a medicore MSU team tonholding on for dear life to a bad Indiana team. Franklin said he was taking this team from great to elite. His words not mine. Have you seen great let alone elite since that promise?
I never said the coaching has been perfect the last three games. But it’s easy to second guess everything after the fact. He thought this year’s team was better than they were and looking at how close they came to beating OSU, we all thought it too. Apparently, they’re not that good this year. But hey, Dantonio outcoached him and is so much better, yet he was three and nine two years ago...all coaches have bad seasons. If the worst he does is 7-5 or 6-6, then we don’t have a lot to complain about.

Reactions: Locolion
I never said the coaching has been perfect the last three games. But it’s easy to second guess everything after the fact. He thought this year’s team was better than they were and looking at how close they came to beating OSU, we all thought it too. Apparently, they’re not that good this year. But hey, Dantonio outcoached him and is so much better, yet he was three and nine two years ago...all coaches have bad seasons. If the worst he does is 7-5 or 6-6, then we don’t a lot to complain about.

You’d be a-ok with this team losing to what will likely be a 1-10 rutgers team going into that game. Really says it all.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
You’d be a-ok with this team losing to what will likely be a 1-10 rutgers team going into that game. Really says it all.
I’d be pissed, but I don’t have a whole lot of control over it...do you? If you think a loss to Rutgers should get Franklin fired, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Same old song and dance. Yes, it was a win, but once again GAVE the opponent multiple chances to win. Horrid play calling at the 4 minute mark. New coordinators are in order to take the next step.

Same old song and dance. Yes, it was a win, but once again GAVE the opponent multiple chances to win. Horrid play calling at the 4 minute mark. New coordinators are in order to take the next step.
So we held on to win in the 4th quarter, but it wasn’t in the way you want it to be done...got it.

Woof. That was just brutal all around. I now believe this program has peaked under this staff. They can BS all they want, but you are how you play on game days.

This was a game Penn State should have run away with, yet the exact same late mistakes continued to haunt them and kept a far inferior for close.

‘CROOTIN!!!

You know I hasn’t considered.... is it possible Franklin saw Polk was going to get the ball, panicked and called timeout because he assumed Polk would drop it?
If that was the case there was no excuse for having Polk on the field in the first place.

I think there’s a lot of truth in that regarding PSU under Franklin. The same mistakes are repeated week after week and never fixed.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
The crazy thing is our defense couldn't make a stop to save their lives and Sanders was averaging almost 7 yards a carry in the first half, yet we kept trying to throw the ball in 20 mph winds. WTF?

You want them to do everything exactly the same and lose to Iowa next week in the process. We get it. It’s allowed. #loweredexpectations2018
Man, you just kind of make up shit don’t you. I never posted the coaches were perfect in the last three games and where did I ever post I want them to do exactly the same thing? And yes, expectations should be lowered for 2018 than what some people have.

Reactions: nittnee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT