ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Indiana Game thread

Well, showcasing the Barkley throw in a three score / under 5:00 min game is pretty stupid.

Both McSorley AND Barkley shouldn't have even been in the game at this point.

So here's the question regarding Barkley. Over 220 all purpose yards today, along with a TD pass.

But will 20 carries for 56 yards hurt his Heisman chances?
No but it amplifies some major problems with our OL and Limegrower.

But it's ok for them to run blitz with impunity? Make them pay for it.
Completely agree. So they can blitz and get shots on Barkley and McSorley? Sure. PSU can take advantage of it so they don't get those shots. Stop the play next time. It's football.

Why didn't you go to the game today?
My usual ticket was taken by my friend's wife. Then we had a family matter ourselves and there was no chance. We walked up to the stadium earlier. Plenty of tix available along the way too. Oh well. I really enjoyed listening to Jack Ham today.

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
Completely agree. So they can blitz and get shots on Barkley and McSorley? Sure. PSU can take advantage of it so they don't get those shots. Stop the play next time. It's football.
Against arch-nemesis Parkland, they loaded the box. Barkley threw 2 touchdown passes in the first half. They backed off, he ripped them on the ground. The Lions finally sent that message.

There's a time and place for trick plays.....up 24 with under 5 minutes left is not the time or the place.

They do. Showing that all out blitzing will get you burned is a fine time. It's a play that will get shown in film review. Somebody will be thinking about this on a pitch at a later date.

So here's the question regarding Barkley. Over 220 all purpose yards today, along with a TD pass.

But will 20 carries for 56 yards hurt his Heisman chances?
Yes, but there are a lot of games to be played.

They do. Showing that all out blitzing will get you burned is a fine time. It's a play that will get shown in film review. Somebody will be thinking about this on a pitch at a later date.

I'd rather have run it next week in a similar situation when we might actually need it......and without NW's D maybe looking for it.

Against arch-nemesis Parkland, they loaded the box. Barkley threw 2 touchdown passes in the first half. They backed off, he ripped them on the ground. The Lions finally sent that message.

I think those 2 played last night. How did Barkley's younger brother do in that game?

I'd rather have run it next week in a similar situation when we might actually need it......and without NW's D maybe looking for it.
It's going to create indecision on part of the D's. Is he going to run, or is he going to pass ? He who hesitates is lost .

Reactions: mn78psu83
i'll take your word for it. I haven't watched that clown show in years, and the last time I did I could barely understand a thing Desmond said.

I guess he knows what a broken clock feels like twice a day. That idiot can't help himself.

I have a question. I don't have anyone on "ignore" yet I periodically see a line that says "there are other posts in this conversation". I click on the link and see other posts. Why?

I have a question. I don't have anyone on "ignore" yet I periodically see a line that says "there are other posts in this conversation". I click on the link and see other posts. Why?

I see the same thing. I believe that if you have a thread open, it does not automatically refresh. You'll probably see this either if you haven't refreshed for a bit, or if you make a post (at which time you get a partial refresh -- your post and the most recent ones, but not the earlier ones).

It has nothing to do with the Ignore feature.

ADVERTISEMENT