ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Illinois game thread

Do you think that the Philly Special was in the playbook or did SC draw it up in the huddle like Bobby Layne would have done?

Hard not to place this game at the top of worst games in program history. Woeful offense vs. a defense not ranked in the top 100. Ranked #102 allowing 427.9 yards per fame. We got 1/2 of that. And 1/7 on OT plays.

Reactions: nits74 and psu00
It was that painful. I mean just watching it. The loss was anti-climactic. We were all numb.
It was weird....One could predict the outcome midway through Q3, but not the painful process.

In good conscience....if you're Sandy....do you not fire him now? It's not so much the loss, it's the unpreparedness coupled with the decision making.

There are times when Executives need to make difficult decisions....this is one of those times. Sandra could actually look competent if she pulls the trigger.

Reactions: paws1957
Ther last time out by Illinois, Franklin was not near the huddle. That tells me everything I need to know about him

Next week could be a loss of epic proportions. Maybe 75-0. I see no point in playing a hurt SC. Season is over folks. May not be another win between bad coaching combined with injuries.
They'll march SC out until he can't walk. They have nothing else.

Reactions: paws1957
I've been hesitant to post this, but with each game I watch, it has become apparent that Franklin is as one dimensional as how his teams play. He is an awesome recruiter. But he just has difficulty putting a diverse, consistent product on the field. For one thing, he is having difficulty finding a good OL coach. It also seems his teams lack good, solid fundamentals.....poor blocking, poor tackling, mental mistakes, bad decisions etc etc. All these reflect coaching.

Shame, this was a good team. Punched a little above their weight class at times, but injuries killed it. Coaching is what it is, CJF and Co. can recruit and put guys in the league, but in-game adjustments are not their thing.
Correction, my friend. Penn State is a team full of good athletes. But they are not a good team. There is a difference.

Reactions: ftlpsu and psu00
I need someone to blame for this loss. I choose Yurcich. How do you score 18 points in four quarters, plus nine overtimes, against a 2-5 team?
Woeful offense vs. a defense not ranked in the top 100. Ranked #102 allowing 427.9 yards per fame. We got 1/2 of that. And 1/7 on OT plays. Playing at home, not bothered by crowd noise. That's how you lose.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Agree. Probably the most damaging loss in memory.

For the number of OTs that occurred, it will be replayed over and over again on national TV highlight shows for years to come.

Fluke plays, penalties, turnovers aside. Fair or not, we will be viewed as the team that could not line up and put away a conference bottom-feeder given nine tries at it.
Don't be so critical. We did succeed once. 1/7 is not bad vs a #102 ranked defense.

Reactions: BobPSU92
For everything Franklin preaches about 1-0 each week. They way they respond to the first loss resembles a team whose only goal is 13-0. The amount of wind that leaves their sails after loss one is staggering and at this point predictable. My Saturdays have opened up.

Woeful offense vs. a defense not ranked in the top 100. Ranked #102 allowing 427.9 yards per fame. We got 1/2 of that. And 1/7 on OT plays. Playing at home, not bothered by crowd noise. That's how you lose.
Ilinois 67 carries for 357 yards.
PSU 29 carries for 62 yards.

Talk about getting handled on the LOS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT