ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Illinois Game Thread

Yes we’ve been in some close games at times, but every team we’ve played has given us their best shot. A win for them is their best win of the season. I just hope we come to play all 4 quarters next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaconNitt
Edit: 3rd in the nation in scoring offense, not 1st, but Alabama, Ohio State, and Texas Tech will need 52 points to stay ahead of PSU.

Well that was a strange game, and I don’t know if it tells us anything about this team. Crossing 60 2weeks in a row is pretty cool

At some point, we're simply going to have to accept the fact that this team has flaws, some significant, but that it's also very talented. It's going to be a fun year.

Two takeaways through 4 games:

If this team has a Heisman candidate, it's Miles, not Trace.

If you can't see that Jan Johnson is the best linebacker on this team, you haven't been watching the games.

If you can't see that Jan Johnson is the best linebacker on this team, you haven't been watching the games.
well you're half right, if you are a meteorologist you're golden

Reactions: TheGLOV
Haven’t read this thread so I am sure this has been stated previously, but our linebacker play is really, really weak. Starters are not good, backups are noticeably worse. Very concerning.
It might also have had something to do with scheme in the first half. The Illinois RB’s were getting to the second level and nobody was there much of the time.

Laughable nonsense - he wasn't even looking at the QB after he was hit! The momentum from the hit carried him into QB, laughable to claim it's "intentional" when Brown had no control of where the blocker hit him to.
He could have avoided him and didn’t. It was clear. Not sure why I’m wasting my time responding to you though as you have yet to ever concede that you were wrong.

Reactions: 2atpsu
Haven’t read this thread so I am sure this has been stated previously, but our linebacker play is really, really weak. Starters are not good, backups are noticeably worse. Very concerning.

He could have avoided him and didn’t. It was clear. Not sure why I’m wasting my time responding to you though as you have yet to ever concede that you were wrong.
I’m sure that if it went the other way and Trace took the late hit, that Bushwood would be telling you that it was clean since the LB was blocked and couldn’t stop himself.

Reactions: TheGLOV and psualt

You're full of shit as per usual - Brown is half back-pedaling, not even looking at QB and not under control of his movement due to the momentum of the hit off the block. The video (i.e., the facts) demonstrates how completely full of shit you are regardless of your typical, absurd, self-declaration of your fantasies as being fact. LMFAO

I have to say.. reading the game threads is highly entertaining. Just for fun sometime,try not watching the game and just reading the thread and see if you can guess whether we are up or down by 30.

You're full of shit as per usual - Brown is half back-pedaling, not even looking at QB and not under control of his movement due to the momentum of the hit off the block. The video (i.e., the facts) demonstrates how completely full of shit you are regardless of your typical, absurd, self-declaration of your fantasies as being fact. LMFAO
Lol. “Half back-pedaling”. If an OL half-heartedly pushing him with one arm as he’s passing him made him lose control, we’ve got bigger problems.

Reactions: psualt
Keep going Bushy. 48 more hours on your bender.

I have to say.. reading the game threads is highly entertaining. Just for fun sometime,try not watching the game and just reading the thread and see if you can guess whether we are up or down by 30.

It's pretty much the same thread every game week, with the same posters saying the same things.

Lol. “Half back-pedaling”. If an OL half-heartedly pushing him with one arm as he’s passing him made him lose control, we’ve got bigger problems.

More bullshit from another of the posing-trolls, go figure! Unfortunately for you dumbass the video clearly shows that the blocker hits Brown squarely with his entire body as he is running past - you claiming that the OL barely touched him with a hand doesn't make it so as the ACTUAL VIDEO clearly demonstrates! Brown was hit solidly by the OL and it absolutely spun him sideways and into QB.

More bullshit from another of the posing-trolls, go figure! Unfortunately for you dumbass the video clearly shows that the blocker hits Brown squarely with his entire body as he is running past - you claiming that the OL barely touched him with a hand doesn't make it so as the ACTUAL VIDEO clearly demonstrates! Brown was hit solidly by the OL and it absolutely spun him sideways and into QB.
Unfortunately, I didn’t record tonight’s game, and a replay isn’t on again for a couple of days...but I’ll be sure to grab some screen shots and post them here to once again show your delusion in a few days (if I don’t see the clip elsewhere).

This part is bold is especially precious.

This is timely. Feel like a douche?
haha I wasn't following this thread during the game.....at what point did it feel like it was "game over" for Penn State? Jeez even when Illinois went ahead I thought we could almost score at will

You would not be able to tell from my posts. I will complement when someone makes an exceptional play but for me "the score" is how we're playing relative to the level needed to make a championship run (since that is the expectation these days).

We could be ahead of a weak team by 30 and I might feel like we're behind. Scoring extra points late in a game and stopping a team that knows it can't win doesn't mean our team is playing that much better.

If you had only Franklin's notes for coaching the team after watching the film do you think those notes would reveal the score?

Reactions: lionroar88
Congratulations to the Nittany Lions. I don't want to get ahead of myself but you are once again building an elite program that has northeast college football fans like myself excited about another National Championship game. Two thumbs up to James Franklin, what a recruiter!

I don't know. If even 75% of the drops were completions, what would Trace's numbers look like? He is not going to get the votes because he is not putting up ridiculous numbers, but the large majority of his throws have been where they need to be.

I don't know. If even 75% of the drops were completions, what would Trace's numbers look like? He is not going to get the votes because he is not putting up ridiculous numbers, but the large majority of his throws have been where they need to be.
Completion % be dammed , if TM has a great game vs OSU and PSU wins, he's going to NYC!

Reactions: Nittanygrad93
You would not be able to tell from my posts. I will complement when someone makes an exceptional play but for me "the score" is how we're playing relative to the level needed to make a championship run (since that is the expectation these days).

We could be ahead of a weak team by 30 and I might feel like we're behind. Scoring extra points late in a game and stopping a team that knows it can't win doesn't mean our team is playing that much better.

If you had only Franklin's notes for coaching the team after watching the film do you think those notes would reveal the score?
That’s just silly. Every team changes from game to game. Every situation changes. Watch the game for what it is, not what you think it should be. And by the way, what do Franklin’s notes have to do with what you post?

Completion % be dammed , if TM has a great game vs OSU and PSU wins, he's going to NYC!
Barkley didn’t go to NYC and everyone knew he was the best player in college football. Trace has no shot because he doesn’t put up the numbers (and because he plays for Penn State).

Barkley didn’t go to NYC and everyone knew he was the best player in college football. Trace has no shot because he doesn’t put up the numbers (and because he plays for Penn State).
I don’t really agree that he won’t be in NYC, but I also don’t care as long as he ends up in Santa Clara.

I have to say this is one of the worst announcing crews I have ever heard since the Beth Mowins days.
They clearly did not do their homework on player names. Csn’t recall ever hearing s Crew call so many wrong name combos with correct first name and wrong last name. Don’t like Mowens much but she doesn’t butcher player names like these clowns.

They clearly did not do their homework on player names. Csn’t recall ever hearing s Crew call so many wrong name combos with correct first name and wrong last name. Don’t like Mowens much but she doesn’t butcher player names like these clowns.
Considering they called Illinois Syracuse at one point, if you can't get the team name right, player names are asking for an awful lot.

Abysmal crew. They should have stuck with "number 97 on the orange team just tackled number 24 for the white team"

Reactions: BriarwoodBash
The naysayers committed hara-kiri at halftime.
We can only hope.

haha I wasn't following this thread during the game.....at what point did it feel like it was "game over" for Penn State? Jeez even when Illinois went ahead I thought we could almost score at will
Here's one from, along with Crusher1950, one of the most negative, anti-Penn State guys on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT