ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Georgia Game Thread

Hack smiling like we won after the game as everyone else is pissed...

Really proud of our guys and the way they fought back from what seemed like insurmountable odds after Hack went down and UGA had a 21 point lead. Had we played with that kind of emotion all day would have won.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Well at least they made a game out of it and did not get blown out.

A lot of heart and stick-to-it-ness with these guys. I'm proud the way they played even though they lost. Probably the most exciting bowl game of the season, not like those yawners yesterday.

So proud of those players!!! They should have been beaten badly but instead made it a game down to the last second! Most excitement in a bowl in the last 48 hours!

On the staff not the players

Let it go for crying out loud. We get it, you will blame the coaching staff for everything. They just lost on a last second pass to a team with way more talent. They came back from getting crushed because they didn't quit. Trash the play calling at the end all you want but in crunch time you try to get the ball in the hands of your best player and that's what they tried to do. If Barkely breaks one of those then it's not such a bad call. Sometimes even the best plans don't work. Your anti-PSU agenda and anti-Franklin agenda really showed through in your posts this game. A whole game and nothing but negative posts...says a lot about your true loyalties.

Too many short passes in the middle of the field with no timeouts
Can't blame the ending on the offense. The defense didn't leave them enough time. As per usual this year, they could not come up big when needed most.

I admire the heart of this team. If only they had gotten off to a better start. Still, they were undermanned and showed us a lot of heart today. Moral victories aren't popular, but I like what the team showed us down the stretch.

I was nice to see the sideline smiling and fired up a bit. Franklin is deadwood, I'd can him too.

Hack smiling like we won after the game as everyone else is pissed...

He was smiling at McSorely for almost pulling it off and playing well despite the odds. It's pretty much a meaningless scrimmage game so good for Hack being positive with his back up. Say what you want about him but don't ever try to imply that he's not competitive as hell and wants to win.

Trace runs would be better than the short passes. His runs also open up more re passes.

Yeah, he had some opportunities on that last drive but didn't want to risk keeping the clock moving. Given how little he played this year, McSorley really played well today. You could sense he was getting into a rhythm too - just ran out of time.

Reactions: step.eng69
No need for any bad comments towards our guys....they payed their hearts out today for the blue and white and gave it their all to the last snap. Its a lot more than many teams did the last 2 days. UGA had far more talent and it showed on a few plays, but PSU hung with them to the end.

Thanks to all the seniors and the juniors that leave early for all you have done for PSU! Go out proud of what you accomplished, many other programs would love to be in our position right now with top ranked recruiting classes and upward trajectory.

Can't blame the ending on the offense. The defense didn't leave them enough time. As per usual this year, they could not come up big when needed most.
No doubt. Needed the ball back at least one series sooner.

First half D pissed me off because I thought for sure we would have Lambert running for his life and making poor throws like he did at UVA.

Not one for moral victories but if there is such a thing, this qualifies. TV commentary was fair, great comeback and had a chance at the end. Not in any mood to find fault, not much to find anyway. I feel a lot better having seen McSorley play this type of game. Cool customer.

He was smiling at McSorely for almost pulling it off and playing well despite the odds. It's pretty much a meaningless scrimmage game so good for Hack being positive with his back up. Say what you want about him but don't ever try to imply that he's not competitive as hell and wants to win.

Exactly. It's stupid to think he was happy about the loss.

Proud of the team. They fought back and could have easily checked out. But they seem to rally around McSorley. He seemed to have good field awareness and decent accuracy and he was mobile back there. Solid way to end the season when it looked like it was going to be a train wreck.

Not the outcome or game planning/ calling I desired but a good effort nonetheless. It's all good (or at least decent).

We didn't get blown out like many if our B1G brethren, did we?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT