ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Auburn Whiteout Game Thread

I will give credit to Tank Bigsby, a helluva back. Not sure if he hit 100, but major credit to the D if they were able to do so. Also, as I said before, I thought Bo Nix improved from last year. I thought he would make more mistakes, but for the most part kept his cool. Still, Clifford shows why he’s the Big Red Dawg!
but it was strange how they couldn't really move on us in the 1st half, but then ran all over us in the 2nd. And They still couldn't pass in the 2nd.

as bad as those refs were, I bet there was a ton of holding getting ignored after halftime. I don't think they called holding a single time

but it was strange how they couldn't really move on us in the 1st half, but then ran all over us in the 2nd. And They still couldn't pass in the 2nd.

as bad as those refs were, I bet there was a ton of holding getting ignored after halftime. I don't think they called holding a single time
They were continuing to mimic the b10 refs.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Props to the OL for their incredible pass blocking. That one play in the first half where Clifford sat in the backfield for what seemed like an enormous amount of time and was never even remotely threatened was incredible!!
But we can't run for 1 yard. Is it the OL or RB? Lee bulled his way for good gains but fumbled and that was the end of his night.

For the game we had 84 yds rushing, 2.5 yd average.

Particularly if what the in studio guy said is correct about every official supposed to keep track of down and distance.

Absolutely. Honestly, those rules experts they have on telecasts are always very protective of the officials. And I get it. But I thought Bill Lemonier tonight was about as openly critical of the officiating as you'll hear.

So what else do you call that but BLATANTLY CORRUPT when all of these Officials are PROBABLY WRONG in their absurd assertion! Gee, do tell, should Officials be punished for such an egregious mistake AND piss-poor Field-Side Manner??? Insisting that you're correct when everybody knows you're dead wrong and refuse to listen to the party who is 100% correct???

Reactions: TheGLOV
So what else do you call that but BLATANTLY CORRUPT when all of these Officials are PROBABLY WRONG in their absurd assertion! Gee, do tell, should Officials be punished for such an egregious mistake AND piss-poor Field-Side Manner??? Insisting that you're correct when everybody knows you're dead wrong and refuse to listen to the party who is 100% correct???
The sec bag men had already paid them off. Or the field officials and the replay official are just incompetent.

Isn’t know what that meant. That all 8 officials would lose track of the down, by itself, is grounds for a suspension and a public apology to PSU. Add in replay. They were asleep as well.
I don't think they understood what loss of down meant.
I’m guessing this. They remembered it means loss of down but didnt remember what that meant. Horrid

The one that made me wonder was when they did not call intentional grounding on Nix
That was crazy. The awful spot after the Mustipher fake punt was too. And there were a few Auburn spots there that gave them a couple of yards on short yardage. Their last scoring drive comes to mind when the receiver caught the ball, then stepped back to avoid the tackler and got caught.

That was crazy. The awful spot after the Mustipher fake punt was too. And there were a few Auburn spots there that gave them a couple of yards on short yardage. Their last scoring drive comes to mind when the receiver caught the ball, then stepped back to avoid the tackler and got caught.

The problem with the Mustipher fake punt was THE REFS DID NOT BLOW IT DEAD UNTIL AFTER HE GOT FIRST DOWN YARDAGE.

They, by all rights, could have blown it earlier and with the lack of push we got initially nobody would have thought anything other than "c'mon JF, why'd we do that!?"

They didn't. The line judges even ran in like they blew it dead. We weren't getting that call after the other blatantly bad calls.

Wow, what a game. I had to watch it on DVR since I was at a wedding, but I didn’t know the score so I was able to have a heart attack like everyone else. Clifford played really well. The officiating was absolutely criminal….this was beyond just missing a call or two, this was blatant. I didn’t know it was an SEC crew until after I watched and started reading this board, but I guessed it. Lovett is a freaking stud….he will be RB1 soon. Love the play calling except we got a little too cute a few times near the end zone. At that point, give the ball to Lovett. A great win and the SEC should be ashamed of themselves.

Reminds me of a recent game, albeit just at the youth level...the first quarter ended, the teams switched sides, but despite the coaches and fans repeatedly attempting to convince the refs, the refs absolutely insisted that the ball should stay where it ended at the end of the first quarter. It was around the 40 so the offense gained 20 yards LOL!

The worst spot ever was Mustipher…he was over by two yards and they spotted it a yard short. Ridiculous.

The problem with the Mustipher fake punt was THE REFS DID NOT BLOW IT DEAD UNTIL AFTER HE GOT FIRST DOWN YARDAGE.

They, by all rights, could have blown it earlier and with the lack of push we got initially nobody would have thought anything other than "c'mon JF, why'd we do that!?"

They didn't. The line judges even ran in like they blew it dead. We weren't getting that call after the other blatantly bad calls.

And they didn't Review The Play!!! On Review, the booth Officials are supposed to mark the ball where it is when the whistle blows the play dead. As you state, replay clearly shows the ball is well past the 1st Down Mark (like more than a yard!) when the whistle is blown ending the play! The ball was marked a good 2-3 yards BEHIND where the ball was when the whistle actually sounds as replay CLEARLY demonstrates.

Reactions: Shadow99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT