ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - App State game thread

Something that doesn't change every year are slow starts by our offensive line... every non-conference season still can't prove they can push anybody around, I mean truly push. It's fascinating how that's been an annual problem

Reactions: VaLion'92
Forget the highlight reel: the lowlight reel of this offense is harder to watch than the movies in driver's ed class....

Reactions: nits74
I don’t get the O-line either. We always hear it looks better only to perform much the same. Confounding.

How can this o line STILL be this bad!!!!?????? Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Like some of them just standing around not blocking anyone! Ok sorry I’m done

Reactions: diontechristmas
Oregon State won one game last year and OSU gave up a lot of points and yards.
We can’t block a sunbelt team. Believe me App State is a really well coached solid football team, but we’re not beating anyone with a pulse this year unless the offensive play is a complete aberration. Can’t block, totally out of sync in the passing game.. ugh

Now we know why Barkley had so many negative plays last year.

How can this o line STILL be this bad!!!!?????? Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! Like some of them just standing around not blocking anyone! Ok sorry I’m done
Your frustration is warranted and totally Lucid... Every year we hear this and every year it's the same performance and the OL come up short in the big games against better teams.

Reactions: diontechristmas
Something that doesn't change every year are slow starts by our offensive line... every non-conference season still can't prove they can push anybody around, I mean truly push. It's fascinating how that's been an annual problem

Absolutely.

Trace is also having trouble adjusting to life without SaQuan and Gesicki. And Hamilton.

Terrible. Fancy 5 star guys. Outland watch list guys. Can’t block guys with 1/2 their physical talent.

The receivers can't get open, the d backs look asleep. Abe the o line can't knock anybody down. L

No spark at all.

Too many players and fans were reading the glowing press reports.

Reactions: VaLion'92
Trace notoriously starts slow, remember Wisconsin in the championship game, USC, etc. not always but this is the opener. I'm not surprised, glad its not a league game. We have room to improve in many areas....

Trace did not look comfortable at the start of last season. Perhaps it's because he didn't have his go-to in Godwin. Now he's missing Barkley, Gesicki, and Hamilton. It may take him a game or two to settle in with this offense.

Juwan Johnson is the biggest disappoint so far. Those two drops were drive killers.

Gotta love App St’s OC.....has a play that almost broke big, comes right back to it on the next play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT