ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - App State game thread

This game will do this team a lot of good.

Agreed. Learning moment. Temper the mind. Refocus.

You called it.

AO was in m2m on the Int. He should always be in that coverage.

One thing that jumped out at me: everything that other teams have done to beat us in the previous 2 seasons, App State emmulated today. The run game at our DTs/MLB, throws against soft coverage with slow Safety help, going to the flat on the weak side when we are shading one LB (other two playing like ILBs)...

Reactions: ram2020 and TheGLOV
Hopefully this performance focuses the team and maybe a few guys were brought to reality that they need work to do. It’s an ongoing competition for playing time and i’d exp Some changes on the depth chart. Looks like Friermuth is our #2 TE

Reactions: Nitt1300
I no longer get stressed. It is what it is.

Franklin and Pry refuse to develop fire hydrant DT’s.....at their mutual peril.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Hopefully this performance focuses the team and maybe a few guys were brought to reality that they need work to do. It’s an ongoing competition for playing time and i’d exp Some changes on the depth chart. Looks like Friermuth is our #2 TE
Play Parsons!

Reactions: TheGLOV
And anybody who says Franklin isn't a game day coach needs to jump off a bridge
Staff should have been ready for that onside kick.

Not sure why Cam Brown was out of position twice but Franklin recognized it and called timeout.

Reactions: grinagrin
App state was better than expected, we are not. We have a lot of work to do. Trace is clutch. We need to get more receivers involved and we need to use Sanders all game.
Swing passes were too easy. ASU was usually 2nd and 4. Also too many yards between the tackles. Hope Givens is back next week.

Play Parsons!

I'm ready to live or die with Parsons, Luketa, and Brooks.

Cam Brown has a wtf moment every game he plays. Tonight's led to a time out.

Koa Farmer is just non existent. Doesn't seem to get back in coverage to help nor come up big against the run.

Jan Johnson out played the other two starters. Saw him run himself out of too many plays (considering that is the complaint vs playing Parsons).

Our defensive coaching staff is worrisome. The same trends occur even with upgraded talent (this year) and experience (loads of seniors last year).

I'm ready to live or die with Parsons, Luketa, and Brooks.

Cam Brown has a wtf moment every game he plays. Tonight's led to a time out.

Koa Farmer is just non existent. Doesn't seem to get back in coverage to help nor come up big against the run.

Jan Johnson out played the other two starters. Saw him run himself out of too many plays (considering that is the complaint vs playing Parsons).

Our defensive coaching staff is worrisome. The same trends occur even with upgraded talent (this year) and experience (loads of seniors last year).
A talent like Parsons doesn’t come around very often...you have to play him.

Reactions: djr4rebs
I need to quit watching this at my age. Too stressful. As an aside, I know I defended Millen as a person in another thread, but he sounded so disappointed when Polk made the 4th down catch and was none too thrilled when Sanders scored in OT. It was so obvious which team he wanted to win. And that has no place on a National network broadcast.

Reactions: paws1957
Joe always said you improve the most from the first game to the second. Let’s hope that’s true. There is a lot of talent - it’s just green at this point. Hopefully time will rectify some of the blown coverages and confusion we saw on D. Have faith. It’s the same coaches and recruiting has been lights out. The cupboard isn’t bare. We’re not about to return to the Dark Years. Also, App. State are no slouches. There’s a reason why a lot of P5 teams don’t want to play them. The upside from a first game opponent like that is much better than playing a cupcake - where you learn nothing about your team and can’t see what needs to be fixed.

Reactions: norcalion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT