ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Akron Game Thread ...

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
The team has worked hard in the offseason, and is hoping to win all their games.

Nittany Nation is back in force, and looking forward to a great season.

Game 1, PSU takes on the Zips.

Please put all game discussions in this thread. If you're responding to a post, please quote it.

We Are ...

looking forward to a successful opener for PSU
looking forward to seeing the Drum Major hit his flip
looking forward to seeing all the students enjoying the game
in the words of Mickey in Rocky, "what are we waiting for?"

... Penn State!!!!!!

Reactions: Alphabets and PSU87
I was wondering when the game thread was going to start. I was tempted to start it myself.

r0qq02.jpg

Reactions: Alphabets
I was wondering when the game thread was going to start. I was tempted to start it myself.

for future reference, if I know I won't be able to start a game thread for a PSU football game, I either make a post asking someone to start it, or I'll post it several hours in advance of the game

As my wife and I are technically Akron U alumni, I say Go Zips - score zero points on the way to being embarrassed by the mighty Penn State!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Mark Allen and Nick Bowers not seen in warm-ups. Andrew Nelson dressed but not warming up.

O, how is it 'Technically' wrt your alumi status?

I went to professional school after graduating from PSU (NEOUCOM) which is a consortium of Akron, Kent State and Youngstown State. I had student privileges at all 3 schools including being able to get into college football games for free, like I would want to, LOL. Upon graduation I technically became an alumnus of all 3 schools due to their affiliation. My wife also did undergraduate work at both Akron and Kent. While at Penn State I took some summer course at YSU. Had to take humanities courses at Kent and Akron as a condition to graduate from NEOUCOM even though I already had enough from my PSU degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlantaLion
Did they just say Penn State's last national championship was 35 years ago? Do your effing math you idiots.

I went to professional school after graduating from PSU (NEOUCOM) which is a consortium of Akron, Kent State and Youngstown State. I had student privileges at all 3 schools including being able to get into college football games for free, like I would want to, LOL. Upon graduation I technically became an alumnus of all 3 schools due to their affiliation. My wife also did undergraduate work at both Akron and Kent. While at Penn State I took some summer course at YSU. Had to take humanities courses at Kent and Akron as a condition to graduate from NEOUCOM even though I already had enough from my PSU degree.

Well the Penguins are usually good. ;)

Ball is a 6th year senior? By 6 years shouldn't one be in grad school? He is no John Urschel.

Zips got a 1st down, then shut down by the D. Zips using all kinds of alignments on O

B1G Officials already starting with their nonsense - no flag on 2nd play from scrimmage on "outside screen" where Akron blocker clearly blocked below the waist which is a CLEARLY ILLEGAL BLOCK when the ball is thrown outside "the box" on a long-handoff behind the LOS like that! No flag - go figure!

Opening day jitters. Inaccurate passes, drops, high snaps and now an INT.

good grief, an INT by the Zips in the endzone. Trace kept his eyes on the receiver, and never saw the coverage coming from the other direction.

was a great opening drive by the O until that play

ADVERTISEMENT