ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL Non-Troll MBB VS MINNESOTA thread

The refs have completely screwed us but we sure didn’t help ourselves by once again not being able to score at the end of a game

PSU still has no offense. One trick pony of backing into the defender and throwing up a trash shot. PSU will never take the next step under Chambers.

Reactions: The_Unit
Another blown opportunity. What is new. Play better than the other team for 35 minutes and soil the sheets at the end.

I'm not a "fire Chambers" guy, but he won't last much longer if he can't get his guys to stop panicking and playing street ball when it gets tight at the end of a game. Too many of them start playing like they have to do it all themselves. If they had kept their heads, it easily would have been a 6-8 point win in regulation.

Can’t figure out why they collapse in the last 3 or 4 minutes every game. Well, better luck next year.

I'm not a "fire Chambers" guy, but he won't last much longer if he can't get his guys to stop panicking and playing street ball when it gets tight at the end of a game. Too many of them start playing like they have to do it all themselves. If they had kept their heads, it easily would have been a 6-8 point win in regulation.

Probably right but the no call on Stevens drive and the wrong call on a psssession cooked this team. The league should watch the last 2 minutes of regulation because it looks like zebras wanted Minny in the NCAA
Bullsheet!

Last edited:

This is a good summation.

Probably right but the no call on Stevens drive and the wrong call on a psssession cooked this team. The league should watch the 2 minutes because it looks like zebras wanted skinny in the NCAA
Bullsheet!

I agree with this; however, even with the bad calls, PSU was still in a good position to win. They just made a few too many errors and took themselves out of the rhythm they had through most of the game.

Game was won/lost at the FT line. They got there way too many times than we did (and capitalized).

Have you watched all the close games we won over the past month?
It was a good month. Still, it’s a losing record with a late game pattern.

I was on the fire Pat bandwagon earlier. I’ve come to the conclusion that it doesn’t matter so he can stay as long as he wants.

Lamar was terrible towards end of game and certainly did the team no favors.

8 pt lead with 5 minutes to go and virtually every possession after that was Stevens going against a double (or triple) team.

The spacing was bad so there was nobody to kick it out to. Minny knew where the ball was going and PSU had no plan B

Reactions: bison13
PSU still has no offense. One trick pony of backing into the defender and throwing up a trash shot. PSU will never take the next step under Chambers.
Stevens trying to back down a defender wasn't the problem....I don't think. Pat just needs to work on how they get the freshman guards looks from three off of that. Looked like they just lacked confidence in the young guys today.

Have you watched all the close games we won over the past month?
Nearly all of those wins were in games with large second half leads. Only Rutgers was close down the stretch and we nearly gave that away.

This team clearly has problems executing offense in late-game situations against good teams.

Reactions: bison13 and bdgan
Stevens trying to back down a defender wasn't the problem....I don't think. Pat just needs to work on how they get the freshman guards looks from three off of that. Looked like they just lacked confidence in the young guys today.

The freshmen guards were usually on the opposite side of the floor.

Reactions: auxgym
Nearly all of those wins were in games with large second half leads. Only Rutgers was close down the stretch and we nearly gave that away.

This team clearly has problems executing offense in late-game situations against good teams.
Michigan? Illinois? Northwestern?

ADVERTISEMENT