ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Official National Signing Day 2022 Thread

Folks need to look at what Texas and Texas A&M are doing.

They are buying kids at unprecedented levels under the guise of NIL. Word on the street is that Ewers was offered MILLIONS to go to Texas, and Texas A&M is on the verge of getting 8 of the top 20 kids in the nation by paying huge dollars up front. It is changing the recruiting game entirely, and the NCAA is too limp dick to do anything about it.

Not saying Maryland is doing the same, but let's be honest here. NIL is allowing schools to buy recruits in a "legal" fashion now. And because it's no longer under the table, schools are able to offer more money and do it more aggressively.

This will radically change the game.

Agreed. The NCAA landscape is going to be scorched earth compared to how we know it. Overall interest in CFB will wane in line with amateurism.
I predict a P1, made up of 10-20 schools with less pro-competition or extremely deep pockets, with the rest of the P5 drifting to a 2nd tier and back toward amateurism, money levels of decades ago, and student-athletes. PSU will obviously be in the 2nd tier. I think OSU will be the only team north of the mason-dixon line in the P1

Agreed. The NCAA landscape is going to be scorched earth compared to how we know it. Overall interest in CFB will wane in line with amateurism.
I predict a P1, made up of 10-20 schools with less pro-competition or extremely deep pockets, with the rest of the P5 drifting to a 2nd tier and back toward amateurism, money levels of decades ago, and student-athletes. PSU will obviously be in the 2nd tier. I think OSU will be the only team north of the mason-dixon line in the P1
It would be hilarious if the Ivy League decided to flex its muscles again and turn the clock back 120 years when they dominated. They dominate any list of billionaire alums.

My Quakers have to get Elon Musk to pony up some funds

Can't tell if this was a TIC post...I can confirm that pretty much no one in DC gives a rat's ass about MD sports and especially football. It's a pro town, and by pro town, I mean whatever team is visiting and whose fans fill half the seats.
Admittedly, this is starting to change as kids, whose parents relocated to DC, come of age as DC born-and-raised individuals, but it's still the case and definitely, no one cares about UMD sports, especially when UMD basketball is not in the Top 10.
To add to this. UMD is far more popular in Baltimore than it is in DC. But again mostly hoops and Baltimore isn’t exactly the wealthiest city.

The Terps are an afterthought in DC proper and Northern Virginia.

It would be hilarious if the Ivy League decided to flex its muscles again and turn the clock back 120 years when they dominated. They dominate any list of billionaire alums.

Would certainly be interesting. They'll probably stick to other means though.
Penn is figuring out how to dominate women's sports without a single dollar - just allow men to switch from the men's team to the women's - then you win swimming events by 38 seconds....THIRTY EIGHT SECONDS.
Always remember, gender is fluid, sex is a construct, and there is no difference between men and women. I know this because the smartest people in the world tell me.

If I understand it, Mills isn’t going to sign today but it’s an academics issue not that he’s not committed. And he’s expected to sign in Feb assuming all goes well in classes. So I think that’s the other missing player from today and why the board is only 23 guys.

If I understand it, Mills isn’t going to sign today but it’s an academics issue not that he’s not committed. And he’s expected to sign in Feb assuming all goes well in classes. So I think that’s the other missing player from today and why the board is only 23 guys.
Correct

Penn is figuring out how to dominate women's sports without a single dollar - just allow men to switch from the men's team to the women's - then you win swimming events by 38 seconds....THIRTY EIGHT SECONDS.
Always remember, gender is fluid, sex is a construct, and there is no difference between men and women. I know this because the smartest people in the world tell me.
Yeah, what a disaster. The people who championed stuff like this are currently getting hoisted on their own petard.

Folks need to look at what Texas and Texas A&M are doing.

They are buying kids at unprecedented levels under the guise of NIL. Word on the street is that Ewers was offered MILLIONS to go to Texas, and Texas A&M is on the verge of getting 8 of the top 20 kids in the nation by paying huge dollars up front. It is changing the recruiting game entirely, and the NCAA is too limp dick to do anything about it.

Not saying Maryland is doing the same, but let's be honest here. NIL is allowing schools to buy recruits in a "legal" fashion now. And because it's no longer under the table, schools are able to offer more money and do it more aggressively.

This will radically change the game.
sadly agree. Lane Kiffin came right out and said it the other day. These kids are pros and we have complete free agency. At least in the NFL you can lock a player down with a contract. Today, they can come and go as they please to the highest bidder. Hell, even mid-season.

Wonderful Morning for the good guys! Lets now hit the portal and get this thing ready to roll in spring. I think we need 6-8 portal guys to come in.

C from UVA
Isheem Young
OL
DL
LB
WR

sadly agree. Lane Kiffin came right out and said it the other day. These kids are pros and we have complete free agency. At least in the NFL you can lock a player down with a contract. Today, they can come and go as they please to the highest bidder. Hell, even mid-season.
Kiffen, lol. Pretty sure even with a contract he can come and go as he pleases.

...And no Salary Cap 🤣

So with the new transfer and NIL rules, seems we might actually have a more level playing field than before. With top recruits getting PAID now, there's less incentive to go where they think they'd be best positioned to hit in the NFL draft. And now that a transfer can play immediately, there's less of a reason to stay at a school when you have to sit 2-3 years.

Good morning everyone and welcome to the official Nittany Nation 2022 Signing Day thread.

We will we be posting constant updates throughout the day as the WeAre22 class continues to sign. Currently we have a timeline of when the guys will sign, however I expect PSU to announce their signings way earlier than that.

On top of that, head coach James Franklin will speak with the media later today along with WRs coach Taylor Stubblefield, CBs coach Terry Smith and Director of Player Personnel Andy Frank so stay tuned!

Side note any guesses on who the first LOI sent in will be?

Saunders is listed both as signed and unsigned.

Reactions: brupsu

Bednarik went to Penn.
Knocked Gifford out for the year.
Played center and linebacker .
I would pay big $ to see PSU - Penn at Franklin Field.

With a "transfer portal" and basically no restrictions on transfers, does Signing Day even matter? I mean, what's to stop any of these guys from signing today, and entering the transfer portal tomorrow? I will only consider a player one of ours when he is on the field in blue and white.

With a "transfer portal" and basically no restrictions on transfers, does Signing Day even matter? I mean, what's to stop any of these guys from signing today, and entering the transfer portal tomorrow? I will only consider a player one of ours when he is on the field in blue and white.
Technically you are 100% correct which makes it really weird that you would even care to click on the Official 2022 Signing Day Thread.

Reactions: bison13
For anyone interested, here is how absurd 38 seconds is in a swim meet
When Men swim against Women

ADVERTISEMENT