ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Official National Signing Day 2022 Thread

Emailed a friend who coaches in the MIAA and he said he wouldn't be surprised if Locks/Biff told them to say they were signing at their original pick and then flip today.

Also, word is Locks claims JF 'ain't black enough' when he talks to the kids.
I 100% agree that Roye/Barham’s flips to Maryland were orchestrated and planned.

Reactions: blmr31
Folks need to look at what Texas and Texas A&M are doing.

They are buying kids at unprecedented levels under the guise of NIL. Word on the street is that Ewers was offered MILLIONS to go to Texas, and Texas A&M is on the verge of getting 8 of the top 20 kids in the nation by paying huge dollars up front. It is changing the recruiting game entirely, and the NCAA is too limp dick to do anything about it.

Not saying Maryland is doing the same, but let's be honest here. NIL is allowing schools to buy recruits in a "legal" fashion now. And because it's no longer under the table, schools are able to offer more money and do it more aggressively.

This will radically change the game.

yep. The whole pool of money that is being allotted to the Texas O Linemen (believe it’s $50K each) is absolutely NOT a NIL deal. It’s 100% paying for recruits… completely out in the open. Which is still against the rules…. But **** face Emmertt doesn’t have the ball sack to do anything about it

Reactions: bison13

They are buying kids at unprecedented levels under the guise of NIL. Word on the street is that Ewers was offered MILLIONS to go to Texas, and Texas A&M is on the verge of getting 8 of the top 20 kids in the nation by paying huge dollars up front. It is changing the recruiting game entirely, and the NCAA is too limp dick to do anything about it.

Not saying Maryland is doing the same, but let's be honest here. NIL is allowing schools to buy recruits in a "legal" fashion now. And because it's no longer under the table, schools are able to offer more money and do it more aggressively.

Michigan State has 2 very wealthy alum that sign football and basketball players NIL money. It's the same 2 that ponied up the big money to keep Tucker at MSU.

Reactions: bison13
I can confirm that Franklin is not liked in the hallways of St Frances. The phrase of “all talk, no game” is used to describe Franklin which is why we get no recruits from St Frances.

that is comical. While I think it’s slightly true about Franklin… there is no bigger example of “all talk and no game” in all of college football than Mike Locksley

Getting JB Nelson on campus in January for Winter S&C and then going through Spring practice should be great for the OT position depth and future.......

It was said that he had to take 8 classes this Fall in order to make that happen academically. Sounds like a pretty driven young man.....

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
yep. The whole pool of money that is being allotted to the Texas O Linemen (believe it’s $50K each) is absolutely NOT a NIL deal. It’s 100% paying for recruits… completely out in the open. Which is still against the rules…. But **** face Emmertt doesn’t have the ball sack to do anything about it

I saw that.

This is a blatant abuse of the NIL system, but if the NCAA isnt' going to stop it, the arms race will only intensify.

Just wait. Recruits will be getting 7-figure offers if they're not already. Texas is giving $50k to every OL prospect, so just imagine what a 5* QB or an elite DL prospect will get with that oil money.

What can the NCAA do? Their hands are legally going to be tied at this point, the NIL bell can't be unrung and this is the new world for CFB.

NIL, baby... For many its all about NIL and the Terps can tap into a big barrel in DC.
Can't tell if this was a TIC post...I can confirm that pretty much no one in DC gives a rat's ass about MD sports and especially football. It's a pro town, and by pro town, I mean whatever team is visiting and whose fans fill half the seats.
Admittedly, this is starting to change as kids, whose parents relocated to DC, come of age as DC born-and-raised individuals, but it's still the case and definitely, no one cares about UMD sports, especially when UMD basketball is not in the Top 10.

I'm sure that Penn State is doing the same thing. They might not have the same amount of money to throw around but I'm sure that they're finding a way to offer something. 4* kids aren't coming to PSU just for the education.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Emailed a friend who coaches in the MIAA and he said he wouldn't be surprised if Locks/Biff told them to say they were signing at their original pick and then flip today.

Also, word is Locks claims JF 'ain't black enough' when he talks to the kids.

Sounds racist :oops:

Reactions: unclewill
I'm sure that Penn State is doing the same thing. They might not have the same amount of money to throw around but I'm sure that they're finding a way to offer something. 4* kids aren't coming to PSU just for the education.
The hell you say!

Didn't Jordan Allen decommit over a month ago?
Maybe I'm a bit behind

D_7ve6oVUAABCyw.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT