ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL in support of Chambers Thread

What are you talking about? What is discussed on this board will have no bearing on Chambers's fate, just as it did not on Joe's. If you're asking whether PSU's learned anything from 2011, the answer is a resounding no.
I would agree. Our leadership continues to shed their fiduciary responsibility.

Did we really need another thread for this? Can't we just pin a thread at the top titled; Angry old white guys and the things that make them angry.

Listen up buttercups. You best find a way to deal with the root of your problems, a waning influence on society. 2019 was the year that milennials officially became the most populous generation. Boomers have officially begun their great die off and, their political power will weaken more every year. Your wilfull ignorance will no longer be tolerated. No one is obligated to answer your wide eyed feigned innocent questions on racism. The information is widely available. Do your own research.
Be careful of the world you create because you also have to live in it....just ask Jimmy Kimmel.

Was being sarcastic. ro is clueless and always has been.
Sorry Lion8286, I didn't realize you were being sarcastic. That guy is typical of those who cave in to ridiculous demands for fear of being called a racist. He just wants to be loved at any price.

Reactions: Lion8286
Haha. What a complete asshole. Congratulations, you’ve reached the rarified air (for me) of ignores poster. Typical “open minded” person who discounts views of an entire generation and race because they disagree with his own.
He's a douchebag that shoulda been banned for his comments to Obli a few weeks ago. Total scumbag. And not worth your time.

Most of the people who want him fired are the fans who wanted him fired long ago - just to say I told you so, and trolls online that LOVE when Penn State is in the news for the wrong reasons. It's a sad world we live in, especially when his players jump to his defense
I wanted him fired a long time ago, but I absolutely don’t think he should be fired over this. If he is, all coaches at PSU should look to work somewhere else.

Thanks for the entertainment. I guess I’m mature enough not to lower myself to name calling like you have done. The fact that you have been sucked into these generational marketing terms makes me laugh. If you really think when you were born makes you more wise or powerful you are in for a big surprise in your life. The dependency exhibited by your generation has proven you are far less ready to wipe your own ass let alone run the world. Frankly, I’m far more impressed with the generation that follows yours, whatever the marketers call them than yours. They will be running you out soon. Now go back to your mommy’s basement and maybe she will make you a snacky and some kool aid.

The only people proud of millenials are the millenials who are proud of themselves.

It is odd to define onesself by a generation vs. Actual achievement.

LdN

I wanted him fired a long time ago, but I absolutely don’t think he should be fired over this. If he is, all coaches at PSU should look to work somewhere else.
Speaking of other PSU coaches, will Franklin put out a statement of support for Pat? Cause that would go a long way

This topic is so yesterday. Here's today's news.

Last edited:
Chambers should not be fired. Honestly, I woke up today not even thinking it was a possibility, so I'm a little surprised to see this thread sprout up today. The news ran its 24-hour cycle. It was embarrassing for Chambers. It was embarrassing for PSU. They learn, they move on.

Reactions: vslice02
This topic is so yesrerday. Here's today's news.

Yikes.

from the article:

Jackson initially drew backlash after posting a fake Hitler quote in which Hitler said he would start World War III to stop white Jews from oppressing the Black community. Snopes has identified that passage as fake.

After receiving criticism, Jackson doubled down, reposting the quote and saying he “has no hatred in my heart.” Jackson then posted another quote highlighting a line suggesting Jewish people have a “plan for world domination.”

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman are both Jewish.​

Thanks White Guy. :rolleyes:

Every time Ro gets me thinking he's just a wise cracking cynic I can appreciate, he drops a turd like this. He's still not a zealot like some of the test board turds though.

Ro - you strike me as smart enough to pick up on the BS with some of your posts dude.

He used a poor metaphor (or whatever you call it) given the circumstances, but does not need to be destroyed over it. I’m critical of chambers and wouldn’t mind if he were let go, but I would not want him let go for this. No way. Pat’s record of good relationships with all communities speaks volumes. If he had racism issues we would have heard more of it than just this one misinterpreted instance.

I've always thought the head coach of a men's D1 basketball team would be a lousy place for a racist to want to work at.

So yeah, Pat is a good man.

As I said before, very likely a good man that made a terrible choice of words. I hope everyone can learn from it and move on and Pat can continue to build on his recent success.

What are you talking about? What is discussed on this board will have no bearing on Chambers's fate, just as it did not on Joe's. If you're asking whether PSU's learned anything from 2011, the answer is a resounding no.

Pat is probably safe because the powers that be don’t hate him like they did Joe.

I have several comments here.

1) Pat made a bad word choice. This happens to anyone to speaks extemporaneously. Sometime you say the wrong word (i.e. incorrect word), sometimes a swear word slips out, sometimes you use a harmless analogy or expression you shouldn't (e.g. using a baseball phrase like "bottom of the 9th" in front of Europeans who have no idea what that means).

2) It seems very unlikely that this came from a place of bias. He has said it came from a place of ignorance and while it does seem like he could stand to learn more about black history (frankly, most of us, including POC could as well), I do take issue with the objection to the actual words used (see "C" below).

3) This appears (based on the statements of other players) to have been an isolated incident (see #1) not a pattern of behavior (like at Iowa football). As such, it seems like PSU handled it adequately.

Additionally,

A) If you think your coach doesn't relate to you to the extent that you uses accidentally hurtful words, you can transfer. He did. Good for him; I hope he excels both academically and on the court.

B) What was the purpose of issuing that public statement other than to seek to cause harm to Chambers? Did he honestly think Chambers was some sort of racist menace from which others needed to be saved? That doesn't seem to be supported by other player statements. He got what he thought was best for himself (a transfer). Why stir the pot?

C) I realize that many different kinds of words can be hurtful to many different kinds of people. But it is all about context. If I go on and on about how much I love my German Shepherd (full disclosure, I do not have a German Shepherd) would you jump to the conclusion that I hate black people because German Shepherd police dogs were used against black civil rights protesters in Alabama in the 1960s? Similarly, if I talked about "trying to drink out of a firehose" (common expression for trying to learn a lot at once) would you think I was racist because fire hoses have been used against black civil rights protesters? If I said my favorite Clint Eastwood movie was "Hang 'Em High" (in which his character survives a lynching) would you assume I said that with racist intent? In the absence of any other data (i.e. past racist statements), I would hope the answer to all three examples is "NO".

The bottom line is that someone who is so inclined can find something to get offended about every second of every day, whether that be a statue of Columbus or the fact that you can't spell woman without "man" or the fact that "rock music is culturally appropriated from African Americans". You are allowed to be offended, but that doesn't mean everything in the world needs to change to accommodate *you*.

I have several comments here.

1) Pat made a bad word choice. This happens to anyone to speaks extemporaneously. Sometime you say the wrong word (i.e. incorrect word), sometimes a swear word slips out, sometimes you use a harmless analogy or expression you shouldn't (e.g. using a baseball phrase like "bottom of the 9th" in front of Europeans who have no idea what that means).

2) It seems very unlikely that this came from a place of bias. He has said it came from a place of ignorance and while it does seem like he could stand to learn more about black history (frankly, most of us, including POC could as well), I do take issue with the objection to the actual words used (see "C" below).

3) This appears (based on the statements of other players) to have been an isolated incident (see #1) not a pattern of behavior (like at Iowa football). As such, it seems like PSU handled it adequately.

Additionally,

A) If you think your coach doesn't relate to you to the extent that you uses accidentally hurtful words, you can transfer. He did. Good for him; I hope he excels both academically and on the court.

B) What was the purpose of issuing that public statement other than to seek to cause harm to Chambers? Did he honestly think Chambers was some sort of racist menace from which others needed to be saved? That doesn't seem to be supported by other player statements. He got what he thought was best for himself (a transfer). Why stir the pot?

C) I realize that many different kinds of words can be hurtful to many different kinds of people. But it is all about context. If I go on and on about how much I love my German Shepherd (full disclosure, I do not have a German Shepherd) would you jump to the conclusion that I hate black people because German Shepherd police dogs were used against black civil rights protesters in Alabama in the 1960s? Similarly, if I talked about "trying to drink out of a firehose" (common expression for trying to learn a lot at once) would you think I was racist because fire hoses have been used against black civil rights protesters? If I said my favorite Clint Eastwood movie was "Hang 'Em High" (in which his character survives a lynching) would you assume I said that with racist intent? In the absence of any other data (i.e. past racist statements), I would hope the answer to all three examples is "NO".

The bottom line is that someone who is so inclined can find something to get offended about every second of every day, whether that be a statue of Columbus or the fact that you can't spell woman without "man" or the fact that "rock music is culturally appropriated from African Americans". You are allowed to be offended, but that doesn't mean everything in the world needs to change to accommodate *you*.
I agree with this- but will add that the easily offended come from both sides of this issue.

Yikes.

from the article:

Jackson initially drew backlash after posting a fake Hitler quote in which Hitler said he would start World War III to stop white Jews from oppressing the Black community. Snopes has identified that passage as fake.

After receiving criticism, Jackson doubled down, reposting the quote and saying he “has no hatred in my heart.” Jackson then posted another quote highlighting a line suggesting Jewish people have a “plan for world domination.”

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman are both Jewish.​
Jackson is so dumb that he would go into a Kosher deli and ask for a pastrami and cheese sandwich and then scream racism when they wouldn’t make it.

He used a poor metaphor (or whatever you call it) given the circumstances, but does not need to be destroyed over it. I’m critical of chambers and wouldn’t mind if he were let go, but I would not want him let go for this. No way. Pat’s record of good relationships with all communities speaks volumes. If he had racism issues we would have heard more of it than just this one misinterpreted instance.
A wise man once said...“let he without sin, cast the first stone...”...not seeing a lot of this applied nowadays...apparently only one strata of society is racist, everyone else is as pure as the driven snow (is that statement allowed?) and is free to “let fly” with stones and everything else to pelt this one strata...

Last edited:
A wise man once said...“let he without sin, cast the first stone...”...not seeing a lot of this applied nowadays...apparently only one strata if society is racist, everyone else is as pure as the driven snow (is that statement allowed?) and is free to “let fly” with stones and everything else to pelt this one strata...

Yeah, but the wise man never said anything about someone keeping his job.

Did we really need another thread for this? Can't we just pin a thread at the top titled; Angry old white guys and the things that make them angry.

Listen up buttercups. You best find a way to deal with the root of your problems, a waning influence on society. 2019 was the year that milennials officially became the most populous generation. Boomers have officially begun their great die off and, their political power will weaken more every year. Your wilfull ignorance will no longer be tolerated. No one is obligated to answer your wide eyed feigned innocent questions on racism. The information is widely available. Do your own research.
Listen up Skippy. Opinions change and evolve over time...So don’t assume that the current millennial outlook is static. But if they do keep going doing the path we are on with some millennials, little comments that are misconstrued will be the least of their worries...take a peak at societies that many of their groups espouse and consider it “coming attractions” for the good ole’ USA..they will be begging for the freedoms they enjoy today!

Last edited:
Let me first say that Pat used a poor metaphor to describe the situation but I don't believe he should be fired based off of that.
I'll say that in 20 years of coaching or athletic administrative duties at high school level and at a division 3 level, is this type of activity from players happens way more then anybody would believe.
It was getting so bad the last couple years that any kid that got cut their parents would automatically go to the principal instead of following chain of command. If you were a different race of the kid that got cut then you were automatically a racist if you were the same race then you were some other kind of ..ist.
That's a culture of today's youth and their parents it's definitely not their kids fault they didn't make the team or have something else work out for them so it's automatically blame the coach whether they deserve any of it or not. It is unbelievable how much of this has started to seep into the division 3 level as well.

Last edited:

I am a minority and think that pinning a race issue on Pat Chambers for this is ridiculous and agenda-ridden

The only people proud of millenials are the millenials who are proud of themselves.

It is odd to define onesself by a generation vs. Actual achievement.

LdN

It's like Pitt fans bragging about the strength of ACC football based on what Clemson does.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
Over half this board thought Gundy should have been canned for wearing a shirt. Good God, How easy to excuse behavior when it is one of your own.

Do I think he should be fired? No, but do I think he will. Yeah. This story is picking up steam and ESPN just aired it. All it will take is a PA Chapter of NAACP to put pressure on the school and president and he is done for. It was a ridiculous thing to say and it is now worst with everything going on.
He’s not going to get fired over this.

So why do you think they call these young adults, thats a stretch, the Snowflake and or Cupcake Generation? Its because they are sooooo ultra sensitive and and super in tune with their feelings. They either crumble, or cry fowl as soon as they don't get their way, or don't like what they hear or see. God help this country 10,15,20 years from now.

So why do you think they call these young adults, thats a stretch, the Snowflake and or Cupcake Generation? Its because they are sooooo ultra sensitive and and super in tune with their feelings. They either crumble, or cry fowl as soon as they don't get their way, or don't like what they hear or see. God help this country 10,15,20 years from now.
Fortunately many of them will change their tune when reality slaps them in the face. It’s easy to be idealistic if you don’t have to pay for anything or you don’t live in the real world (like students, teachers and actors).

No Bolton should not have run away. Coaches and players should have a relationship where they can discuss problems that come up. And Chambers appears to be that type of person that does so and is willing to listen.

Bolton should have went to his coach to discuss it. If he had, he would have learned a lot about coach, a lot about himself, and a lot about society. Things like don't just assume the worst about people, or that talking things out is the best way, and gain confidence in himself for doing so.

Instead he ran away all butt hurt, ran from the situation, ran from his teammates, ran from his school. He would have been a much better, much stronger person had he stayed and worked through the issue.

And this would have been a nothing burger. Instead it damages him, Chambers, the school, and racial relationships.

What a shame.
Honestly, reading between the lines of other people‘s comments who were around the program: Bolton wasn’t happy and was looking for any excuse to leave, and so he had a predisposed negative view towards Pat and so took Pat’s clunky offer of help in the worst way possible. No way, if you believe your coach is a good man, is what Pat said indicative of being unforgivable. There is obviously much more to the rasir Bolton relarionship than this one instance. The Bolton’s bringing this up 18 months later speaks volumes about THEIR character, not Pat’s. Rasir said he brought this up now after he was “insulted” after seeing a tweet recently that chambers was like a panel speaker on a diversity panel? Oh give me a break Rasir, get on with your life. Let Pat life his. I’ll put Pat’s character up there with anybody’s

Last edited:

Well the day is coming when you’ll be one of those “angry old white guys.” It’ll be interesting to see if your perspective is exactly the same then!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT